MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED AGAIN

Post by JamzTheMan »

LM: We used the new framework last night and noticed a long lag now in applying damage to npc tokens.

Specifically, if they go uncon/dead on applying damage, it takes up to 6+ seconds to complete the macro per token. :shock:

I just did a test with 4 tokens all selected, Bugbears, did 20 damage, took 26 seconds to complete.
9 Bugbear rangers taking 65 damage (hp 50) took 95 seconds to complete.

I did the same test on your base framework with no mods and same results. Needless to same, a fireball take a long time to resolve. :cry:

Is there something I can turn off or look into to reduce this time? It use to run nice and fast...
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

JamzTheMan wrote:LM: We used the new framework last night and noticed a long lag now in applying damage to npc tokens.
What Java & MapTools versions please. I will add this to some testing/fixes in my cue and see what's what.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Elorebaen wrote:Hello!

I was curious if you can use Dedicated Multi-Skill Check macro with the various Knowledge skills, and if so, how does one do that. I tried the following:

Code: Select all

[H: targSkill = "Knowledge (Arcana), Sense Motive, Climb, Intimidate" ]
and it said

Skill knowledge (arcana) not found.
When, the token definitely has it.

Thanks!
Knowledge, Profession, Craft, Perform all are extra-step skill checks. You have to give the core skill (in this case, Knowledge), and as a separate parameter the sub-category (arcana). See the sample macros in the campaign macros for samples.

I don't have MapTools up at the moment, but from memory, the multi check does not support the sub-category skills so you would need to put the Knowledge(arcana) as a separate check (but it could be done in the same macro, just would be it's own check later on.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

lmarkus001 wrote:
JamzTheMan wrote:LM: We used the new framework last night and noticed a long lag now in applying damage to npc tokens.
What Java & MapTools versions please. I will add this to some testing/fixes in my cue and see what's what.
Java 7. My version of MT but tested it with b91 as well to the same affect.

On another PC it is 3 seconds so faster cpu, less lag, duh right? So best test is doing 5 or more at once to ensure test results.

I suspect its running the mods adjustment on uncon. The mods adjustments has always been slow for me so dont use them much.
-Jamz

Supetepuzza
Kobold

Post by Supetepuzza »

Hi there! I'd like to modify some features on the skeleton template. I need the human skeleton features from pathfinder bestiary. How can I modify the template directly from the library? Thank you

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Here's a very minor update to the stat block importer. If the text CR appears more than once in the text the name and race will have the full text being imported (or up to where the 2nd CR is). This line change fixes that.

[H: id = strfind(statblock, "^(.+?)CR ?[0-9]")]
Basically, put a ? after the .+ and remove the .*? before the CR. Also, not sure why the ? before the exists. But it seems to work as is so I left it. I would probably put [0-9/]+ instead though. The / is for fractional CRs.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Any luck on tracking this down? I have a few hours to kill today and thought I'd take a look at it otherwise.
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Specifically, if they go uncon/dead on applying damage, it takes up to 6+ seconds to complete the macro per token. :shock:

I just did a test with 4 tokens all selected, Bugbears, did 20 damage, took 26 seconds to complete.
9 Bugbear rangers taking 65 damage (hp 50) took 95 seconds to complete.

I did the same test on your base framework with no mods and same results. Needless to same, a fireball take a long time to resolve. :cry:

Is there something I can turn off or look into to reduce this time? It use to run nice and fast...
Ok, this is directly related to using mod-sets. If the token goes to 0 (Staggered/Disabled), or into negatives but not dead (Prone+Unconscious) there is a significant lag applying the relevant mod-set.

I have eased this a little by checking for death first, so none of the pre-death mod-sets will be applied if the token goes from healthy to dead in one stroke (previously it would turn on prone+unconscious, then remove them!). So as long as the token is > 0, or < deathPoint, the hp change will be fast. And if the token is in the negatives and changes in the negatives (aka bleeds a point), it will be fast as no mod changes needed. But there will continue to be the lag when a token goes from > 0 to <= 0 and not dead.

I am pondering if I should make a new mod-set just for NPCs: Prone_Unconscious. This would not change the vision settings for NPC tokens (like Unconscious does) and would mean a single mod-set would be applied for negative health, which would speed things up. This is a bit obfuscated however :-(

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I've been hip deep in the mod sets lately and can say it's a love/hate relationship. :)

I really love the Edit Mods and ability to add new ones and found the toggleMod macro so I made some more buttons :)

I'm finding some mods work "ok", up to 2 second lag, but then I have some that is taking 30 seconds to turn on, 2 seconds to turn off. One is a "Surprise" mod, it really does nothing other than associate a state for a corner image. (Initiative now asks and can roll perception checks and mark tokens as "Surprised", also adds Flat-Footed for first round until they act)

(Interesting, I JUST ran the Surprise mod and got a Java out of Memory error, there must be some bad loops in there somewhere?) If I spot anything specific I'll let you know.

I did also notice a lot of hooks with Sight/Senses which, ug, NONE of my tokens had the new json properties set. Looked like they only get set with Character Sheet edit and not even the StatBlock parser does it properly. So here ya go, I coded one for mine, should work in the other one as well (maybe a little tweaking).
Set senses from Statblock

<!-- Find Fixed Senses --> 
[H: sensesFixed = table( "SysVars", json.get( table( "SysVars", 0 ), "sensesfixed" ) ) ]
[H: SensesFixedArray='[]']
[H: SensesRangedArray='[]']
[H: id = strfind(statblock, "(?i)(?<=; Senses ).*(?=; ?Perception)")]
[H, IF(0<getFindCount(id)), CODE: {
  [sensesList=lower(getGroup(id, 1, 0))]
  [sensesList = replace(sensesList, "dragon senses", "darkvision 120 ft., blindsense 60 ft.")]

[output=output+"Senses: "+sensesList+", "]
  [setProperty("SensesDisplay", sensesList)]

[FOREACH(sense, sensesList), CODE: {
	[if(json.contains(sensesFixed, sense)): SensesFixedArray = json.append(SensesFixedArray, sense); SensesRangedArray = json.append(SensesRangedArray, sense)]
  }]
  [setProperty("SensesFixedJ", SensesFixedArray)]
}]

<!-- Find Ranged Senses -->
[H: sensesRanged = table( "SysVars", json.get( table( "SysVars", 0 ), "sensesranged" ) ) ]
[H: SensesRangedObj='{}']
[FOREACH(sense, SensesRangedArray), CODE: {
	[id = strfind(sense, "(?i)(.+)( [0-9]+)( ft)")]
	[findCount=getFindCount(id)]
	<!--
	match 1, group 0 = whole match, eg "darkvision 120 ft."
	match 1, group 1 = name, eg "darkvision"
	match 1, group 2 = distance, eg "120"
	match 1, group 3 = feet, eg "ft."
	-->
	[IF(0<findCount), CODE: {
	  [sense=lower(getGroup(id, 1, 1))]
	  [senseRange=trim(lower(getGroup(id, 1, 2)))]
	  [if(json.contains(sensesRanged, sense)): SensesRangedObj = json.set(SensesRangedObj, sense, senseRange))]
	  [setProperty("SensesRangedJ", SensesRangedObj)]
	}]
}]

BTW, here's what I got so far. I wanted access to some mods faster and with icons they don't take as much space and quicker to find (IMO) and hopefully our other GM's in our group can use them now (they never poked around deep into the other macros).

I pulled the Elevations macro and made a non-dialog version. Clicking the climb/fly/swim/burrow sets those movement modes/states, and I used the up/down arrow to statically add/subtract 5ft. I noticed there was only room for -95 (and since I changed climb and fly to be +/-900 for those cave areas where you may be up or down relative to others) I photoshopped a set of green numbers, so green=positive and red=negative.

Lets see, oh, also added Delay/Ready macros. They simply put token on initHold, BUT when you click it again, it reassigns their initiative to just before/after the current initiative token and resorts the list!
Campaign Panel 1
icon_set_1.png
icon_set_1.png (174.57 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
Campaign Panel 2
icon_set_2.png
icon_set_2.png (118.56 KiB) Viewed 5476 times
I want to do a common spell icon set next but need to sort out the mod bugs first. Let me know if you want a copy of my campaign, be happy to share.
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Oh heck, I was just working on set senses for the importer, THANKS! :-)

Yeah, the convolutedness of the mod-sets is a bother. They are very flexible, yet limited, and slow. I still like em :-)

For players, I highly encourage them trying to do everything possible from the character sheet. It is more intuitive, and in the case of deactivating mod-sets, faster.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

No problem, figured I'd share what I got and doing in case there was overlap. I would have merged our statblock importers but yours doesn't like Hero Lab statblocks :( (Not sure, they are suppose to be coded like Paizo's?) I use a mixture of d20pfsrd and HL statblocks a lot so...

And to be honest, we don't use the sheets at all because we're all in the same room and use HL for players. Although, as a GM, I use token stats as much as possible and need quick info or quick mods if possible. I have HL as a back up if I need to apply a spell affect or condition in a hurry but usually most NPC's don't live long enough to worry about stat damage or bleed etc. Bosses on the other hand...

So ya, if anything can be done "ifNPC()" for faster mod sets that would be great. I need to merge my old HP Change macro, I believe I was handeling uncon/death/sterilizations in it but you may have moved it to another macro.
-Jamz

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I made my own changes to the statblock importer. I use d20pfsrd all the time and I've been fixing bugs as I run across them.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 32#p256632

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

aliasmask wrote:I made my own changes to the statblock importer. I use d20pfsrd all the time and I've been fixing bugs as I run across them.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 32#p256632
Thanks, I'll give it a poke.

How different is this from LW's framework macro? Is there any benefit running it as a UDF? It seems to not like some of HL's formatting either.

We need to combine all of ours into a super importer macro. :-)

PS You may want to pick up my vision/senses update, it adds all the valid senses the framework supports.
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Actually, my importer is not "my" importer. It was the latest I could find in the forums, and I fixed some bits here and there (like DR ER SR, and feats). Currently, I have patched in your nice Senses code, and Aliasmask's CR tweak.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

LM, here's my version of the framework if you are interested. Feel free to grab/steal/borrow/move anything over to your framework.

I changed the buttons to be local asset URL's (ok, do NOT use HTTP urls, it adds about 100-200ms per button and the campaign panel does a complete refresh multiple times on save of a macro, I was up to a 30 second delay on save of a macro...) I suppose you can delete the Macro Buttons map once they are in your asset dir (or export it off).

I pretty much used the "State" icons for the buttons but photoshop'd them to remove the white gradient borders so they would be larger and easier to see on the macro button. I took the liberty and changed a few states as well (not many) for consistency. Added a couple of mods, not many. Some buttons just toggle states if they don't change stats. Check out the Mirror Image one. :)

Did some work on my Initiative macro, think it's solid now. Properly tracks summons/spells/bleed/delay/ready/confusion/flatfoot/surprise.

I made changes to the onTokenMove function (well, to your macro that the BoT calls) as well but it needs some polishing. It was bugging me that NPC's didn't have a FoW as exposePCOnlyArea() erases FoW for NPC's. I think this macro needs to be changed to only erase FoW for PC's or not touch FoW for other owners. This causes a problem for NPC Tokens that are cohorts or for when you want to see FoW for other NPC's as a GM.

I added a routine so AFTER the exposePCOnlyArea(), it does a select of all NPC's that are not dead and on the Token layer and select them, then do a exposeFOW(). I was worried about the computational time but it seemed to work ok and used it last Sunday for our game ok. There were a few glitches but nothing major.

I need to think more upon this to see if there is a better way. Unless Wolf or you have a better solution?

This one requires my Nerps! Fork as it includes lumens for light sources.
MT1.3.91.03_DnD35_Pathfinder_Nerps!.cmpgn

This one will load in b89->b91.
MT1.3.91.03_DnD35_Pathfinder_Nerps!.b89.cmpgn
-Jamz

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”