MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
smartsoldier
Cave Troll

Re: MT1.3b91.03 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED AGAIN

Post by smartsoldier »

Now that Mote is out, will anyone be able to port these Campaign Macros to Mote? http://idle-ideas.weebly.com/

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

smartsoldier wrote:Now that Mote is out, will anyone be able to port these Campaign Macros to Mote? http://idle-ideas.weebly.com/
I have yet to start this campaign in MOTE to make sure everything is working but I know Lindsay was a part of the closed beta and I think he said it had some issues, but I'm not sure what those were. I'll be diving in after this weekend once I get all my GM duties out of the way. Right now I'm just poking it with a stick to see what is new. I REALLY like the SQL access and I'm just playing around with that part for now. The macro editor and macro pad are good features, but I'm not a fan of the auto-fill and I will likely continue to use Notepad++ and RPEdit if it works properly.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Aliasmask,

I do hope that you keep us abreast of your MOTE explorations. Basically, I will use whatever VTT provides LM's framework capabilities in whatever form. Heck, I would easily pay for these capabilities.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

smartsoldier wrote:Now that Mote is out, will anyone be able to port these Campaign Macros to Mote? http://idle-ideas.weebly.com/
I was excited to participate in the MOTE beta, but quickly found a significant effort to migrate my framework. So I chose to continue to tweak and enhance the framework over doing that conversion.

I will continue to evaluate the todo list for the framework. When it becomes small, I will then do a MOTE conversion. Given I just got a bunch of new inputs to consider and possibly merge/modify, I would not look for conversion anytime soon.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I pretty much came to the same issue/conclusion as LM. Since, for me, MapTool is tied to my weekly game/campaign, which for 3 years now has been Pathfinder, and that is further tied to LM's framework, I found it hard to go to Mote right now.

I was part of beta to but it was never as easy as loading a campaign up and converting it. Most of the time it just failed to load with no reason why. Or macros broke, and not being as familiar with them (and there are hundreds), it would be daunting to convert/fix them.

But we're still here. MT isn't dead. Back to getting my next Fork out with some surprises in it that even Mote doesn't do :-)
-Jamz

blakdeth19
Cave Troll

Post by blakdeth19 »

I will have to test that with a friend to see if different ownership affects this. thank you

KaruiRPTools
Kobold

Post by KaruiRPTools »

How do you add more monsters to specific summon lists? I wanted to add some new tokens to Summon Monster, but am not sure where I designate that it is part of that spell for purposes of the macro. It shows up if I select summon All, but I'd love for it to show up in the smaller list for Monsters.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Check out the names, if the are on that map and start with xyz, they go to that list. ie I believe Nature Ally is like NA1 for level one. they are grouped on the map so just take a look and you will see the naming pattern.
-Jamz

KaruiRPTools
Kobold

Post by KaruiRPTools »

Got it! That makes a lot more sense, thanks! Looks like Mo0X would be for summon monster. I see a few have a v in there, like Mo07v. Any idea what that means?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Hmm, not sure but I would hazard a guess they can (or can not) apply the celestrial/fiendish templates. I know not all summons get the template and natures ally doesn't get it at all.
-Jamz

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

KaruiRPTools wrote:Got it! That makes a lot more sense, thanks! Looks like Mo0X would be for summon monster. I see a few have a v in there, like Mo07v. Any idea what that means?
v is for Variant. The "core" Pathfinder summon monster list gets extended by campaign options which are alternatives to the list.

See http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/summon-monster

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

Is there a way to get a calculation into the Notes field for a skill? For example, a ranger adds half his level to Survival checks made to follow tracks; can I add a note formatted such that it calculates floor(Level/2) as part of the note?
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

jsharen wrote:I can do a mod with the MiscAtk bonus, but I do not see the option for an actual BAB increase, with everything that entails (iterative attacks, etc).

As for the skill increase, there is no option in the creation of a mod to add to a skill. I suspect it has to be done by attaching a macro to the mod, which is how I intended to do it if someone could give me the macro to increase skill and BAB :)
Correct, there is no direct support for BAB changes and individual Skill check changes. I currently manage BAB changes through an obfuscated macro dedicated to the mod in question. I will add in BABmod in my next update (but individual skill check mods is stickier so no promises there).

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: MT1.3b91.02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED

Post by lmarkus001 »

Glock-9mm wrote: REQUESTS

Weapon Setup - So I love where the new secondary damage in the Variants Tab, is possible to get 2 more 2nd Extra Damage areas added or build in the ability to separate Dice Rolls?
* Example (2D6)+(2D6) Outs a total but in the breakdown explains that the 1st rolled X and the 2nd rolled X
Attack Panel - Is it possible to increase the increase the attack from 4 to 6? (Maybe an option to turn them on or off?)
I am uncertain under what conditions you need more than 2 extra damage dice for a weapon. I will investigate adding more, I think it will be an easy mod.

The attack dialog can be dynamically configured for more attacks (in the macro calling it). The Frame is more hard coded. I will see about adding more.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MT1.3b91.02 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework UPDATED

Post by aliasmask »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Glock-9mm wrote: REQUESTS

Weapon Setup - So I love where the new secondary damage in the Variants Tab, is possible to get 2 more 2nd Extra Damage areas added or build in the ability to separate Dice Rolls?
* Example (2D6)+(2D6) Outs a total but in the breakdown explains that the 1st rolled X and the 2nd rolled X
Attack Panel - Is it possible to increase the increase the attack from 4 to 6? (Maybe an option to turn them on or off?)
I am uncertain under what conditions you need more than 2 extra damage dice for a weapon. I will investigate adding more, I think it will be an easy mod.

The attack dialog can be dynamically configured for more attacks (in the macro calling it). The Frame is more hard coded. I will see about adding more.
I'm not sure if you integrated this from my code, but if you want multiple extra damage you can entered it as a comma delineated list. For example, "2d6,2d6" then on 2nd line you can put "bane,vicious" and it will show up in tool tip as separate rolls.

Another thing I did was allow variables in the attack mod. For example, my monk uses WIS instead of STR on attack so I put "1+WisB-StrB" for his attack mods. But I think that's something I did after posting my Attack formatting update.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”