MapTool 1.4.0.0 Build

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Craig
Great Wyrm

MapTool 1.4.0.0 Build

Post by Craig »

MapTool 1.4.0.0 is now available from the usual download location.
This release should have no changes that introduce incompatibilities in your 1.3 campaigns (hopefully), but we have moved to a completely new build process so please make sure you backup your campaign and test you have no problems before using it in anger.
This version is Java 1.7/1.8 compatible (so finally you can use it on a more recent version of Java).

Change List
  • New build process/move to Github
  • Isometric Maps (Jagged) [BETA FEATURE] Isometric Map & new Token type
  • Default the "Rename Map" input dialog to old name (DarkAlf)
  • Refactor SightType and Light to use same shape code from Grid class (Jagged)
  • Set view area macro command (Jagged)
  • Change boundary to be boundary of cell and adjust image boundary instead (Jagged)
  • Improve random suffix logic (DarkAlf)
  • Refactor and tidy up TokenPropertyFunctions (DarkAlf)
  • Add setTokenWidth/Height macro functions (Dark Alf)
  • Add setZoom(x) and getZoom() macro functions (Jagged)
  • Fixes for stylesheet removal issues in htmlframe/form with Java 1.7 and up (Yorik + Username)
  • New right-click menu option on Stamps to allow user to select a pixel range and enter the number of cells/squares in the selection (JamzTheMan)
  • Normalise line endings in source code
  • Start of a WebAPI (not ready for use yet).
  • German Language Updates (FantasyTeddy)
Known Issues
The following issues exist with this build which I am hoping to fix in a coming patch release, but I think its better to get something out that is still functional than wait.
  • There is no jnlp launcher yet
  • The Launcher does not work in the Mac OS X packaged app
  • The New Token Dialog does not register clicks when run from Mac OS X packaged app (keyboard will have to be used)
There is also no DMG for Mac OS X (app is packaged in a zip). This is due to the broken behaviour of more current OS X versions that report a DMG as corrupt (not unsafe/unsigned but corrupt)
when it is not signed with a valid Mac Developer certificate. Its clearly an incorrect message but it causes people to keep reporting the download as corrupt.

Going forward I am hoping to keep non odd numbered build (third number) as stable builds that should not introduce any incompatibilities within in the build (so 1.4.0.x, 1.4.2.x etc)
and the odd numbered ones as development builds where things change more often and incompatibilities may be introduced (1.4.1.x, 1.4.3.x etc).
Last edited by wolph42 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated isometric link

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.4.0.0 Build

Post by Jagged »

Awesome!

ps: The random suffix changes were not by me, by Darkalf, I think.

pps: Perhaps we should open up the 1.4 forum now? To allow for wider feedback?

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Jagged wrote:Awesome!

ps: The random suffix changes were not by me, by Darkalf, I think.
You are corrent, and I have corrected the original post so it too is now correct, my apologies to Darkalf.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

what is the
Add setTokenWidth/Height macro functions (Dark Alf)
these functions are available since build 89: Wiki: getTokenHeight()
were these changed?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

I believe only the "getters" were added in b89, so DarkAlf added the complementary "setters" irc

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

For the Isometric stuff it is probably better to link to this thread: [BETA FEATURE] Isometric Map & new Token type
That has some end user documentation. The other thread was for the development.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Jagged wrote:I believe only the "getters" were added in b89, so DarkAlf added the complementary "setters" irc
Ah right, they're 'set' functions, cewl I didn't even notice (apparently).

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Fantastic! And thank you for your continued efforts!

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Thank you all for the terrific work. I agree we need to open up 1.4 for user comments.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

RPTroll wrote:I agree we need to open up 1.4 for user comments.
Okay, it should be open to everyone now.

Odonel
Cave Troll

Post by Odonel »

Do you plan to post on the main page about the new release? I don't lurk the forums that often and read on a third party site about the new version. This is too good news to be hidden :D

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

It was posted on the Announcements page. I suppose I could post something here as well.

At the very bottom of the forum page you can click 'subscribe' to a topic. I recommend doing this to Announcements.

I also post new versions to both the Facebook page and Google+ community page if you want to follow those.

I will also post something to the main rptools.net page this weekend.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Odonel wrote:Do you plan to post on the main page about the new release? I don't lurk the forums that often and read on a third party site about the new version. This is too good news to be hidden :D
Is this build really considered a release candidate/stable build? I thought I remember Craig saying something about these early builds NOT being release candidates for a good while.

Edit:
Craig wrote:Going forward I am hoping to keep non odd numbered build (third number) as stable builds
In rereading this... I guess 1.4.0.0 is "non odd"? ;)

In the future should we just assume that builds that make it into the Announcements section be considered "stable release candidates"?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Full Bleed wrote: Is this build really considered a release candidate/stable build?
I think its stable, but at the moment my group is on hiatus so I havent run a full game with it, which is why I recommended testing it works fine for you before you use it during an important session (pretty much good advice for any new release).
But 1.4.0.x should be considered stable builds.
Full Bleed wrote: Edit:
Full Bleed wrote:
Craig wrote:Going forward I am hoping to keep non odd numbered build (third number) as stable builds
In rereading this... I guess 1.4.0.0 is "non odd"? ;)

In the future should we just assume that builds that make it into the Announcements section be considered "stable release candidates"?
I will try to remember to mark any development/test builds (e.g. 1.4.1.x) as so clearly if I post them to announcements, so people will know but still know how to get the latest dev version to try newer features.

Grimbold
Kobold

Post by Grimbold »

Is there a target for when sound is going to be incorporated into the system? As far as I am concerned, this is high on my 'want list'

Return to “Announcements”