Tokentool Metalic borders

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Talvara
Kobold

Tokentool Metalic borders

Post by Talvara »

a while ago I made a set of metallic borders to be used in tokentool, I'm rather proud of them and they have been my 'go to border' ever since.

I figured I'd finally give something back to the program that allowed me to have many happy memories.
Spoiler

edit: updated links to use IMGUR instead of Photobucket, and added the new tentacle ring to the first post aswell.
I hope these will be of use to some of you.

Cheers,
Last edited by Talvara on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Re: Tokentool Metalic borders

Post by Jagged »

Nice. Thumbs up!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I like! +1
-Jamz

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

They could but probably need author permission first and a rebuild of tool, etc.
-Jamz

Talvara
Kobold

Post by Talvara »

As for Author permission, if you mean mine by that statement, then I have no problem of these being included or absorbed into token tool.

They're easy enough to add to tokentool yourself though. Just fire up tokentool, go to the file menu and select 'Manage Overlays'

Then just drag and drop the imagefile for the rings you want to add onto the new manage overlays window.

Close the overlaymanager and now your tokentool should be able to use the new rings.

edit: in retrospect explaining that probably wasn't really helpfull to you veterans ;) but perhaps some other people will get some use out of it.
edit2: removed the images since Photobucket no longer allows me to share them.
Last edited by Talvara on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

I did.

Talvara
Kobold

Post by Talvara »

So a while ago I made a tentacle style tokenring for an underdark game I played in, I figured I'd share it with the rest of you. didn't see much point in making a new thread for it so I'll just append it here.

(I've also updated the links to the metalic rings to use IMGUR instead of photobucket. hopefully that'll mean they'll be accessible again.)
Spoiler
Hope some of you playing dark creepy games will get some use out of this, goodluck to all you brave adventurers or paranormal investigators.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

@Talvara, Do you have layered versions of your overlays? (PSD format preferred) I can include them in the next release of TokenTool 2.1 if you don't mind (which btw now supports PSD overlays so you can avoid magenta "bleed" and have nice crisp cutout along with transparency effects on the overlay)

*Edit: FYI: For any overlay creators out there, you can submit Pull Requests directly via github to have them included! https://github.com/JamzTheMan/TokenTool ... verlays/v2
-Jamz

Talvara
Kobold

Post by Talvara »

So I didn't actually have PSD files for the rings anymore (very bad practice I know)

But I did find a PNG without the transparency key added to it, so I was able to remake the rings into a PSD from there.
The colours for the Gold and Steel variant will be slightly (in my opinion better) different from the ones posted above. and the Tentacle ring was made slightly sharper (very faint un-sharp mask) but has been scaled down to 256px

Dropbox link to RAR file containing PSD files

I've tested them in Tokentool 2.0 and they seem to work alright. (though I did run into an issue with the tentacle ring, I'm using Krita to make these PSD's and sometimes a layer is larger than an image (so that it can still be dragged back into view) this happened to the tentacle ring, and I wasn't able to bring it into Tokentool 2.0 (I've added a fixed and a broken version of this token to the rar file)

Return to “User Creations”