Very high memory usage

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Drakthal
Kobold

Very high memory usage

Post by Drakthal »

Hi everyone

So far i have been running my Hoard of the Dragon Queen campaign smoothly.

However when my players arrived at Carnath Roadhouse i installed the addon that could teleport players between places and maps. Afterwards, my maptools began lagging on maps with just 10 tokens.

Afterwards i tried deleting the addon again but i am not sure i have caught everything. My players just arrived at Castle Naerytar, and it lags like crazy, do mind that there is around 70 tokens with 6 of them having a shared sight.

I run with 1 gb of memory max and min, and a stack of 16.

Should i be able to run a map of that size without problems with that memory usage and if so do i have to delete the whole tool and download it again to make it work properly. Or do you guys have any other ideas to stop the lag.

Drakthal
Kobold

Re: Very high memory usage

Post by Drakthal »

I can see from other posts that it is probably because of the very high amount of VBL areas and the very big map that i am having a problem. I can see that the map is rerendered several times pr. second. Is there any way to stop this and for example force it to only render when an action occurs "like a player moving a token"

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Very high memory usage

Post by aliasmask »

I recommend 1400 max, 64min and stack 4

Return to “General Discussion”