Where do I find good resources?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Rulyon
Kobold

Where do I find good resources?

Post by Rulyon »

I have searched up and down the forums, but a large majority of the resources shared on here that I might find relevant to the campaign I am running are old. Old enough that the links are dead. I might be missing something. I'm looking for advice on how to effectively search for material I can utilize. Is there a "go-to" source for anyone they wouldn't mind referencing me to? Or is it a simple matter of trial-and-error clicking every link on the forum until one successfully locates the needed resources?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Where do I find good resources?

Post by aliasmask »

It would help to know what kind of resources you're looking for. Bottom of the community page has a bunch of image resources.

http://www.rptools.net/community/

Rulyon
Kobold

Post by Rulyon »

I'm looking for set dressing to build up my environment. I'm running a Pathfinder game set in a metropolis, in the world's equivalent to their early Renaissance. Classic Fantasy set dressing would be great, as would environmental pieces, such as rubble, stones, dirt, scree, that sort of thing.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I think I got most of my images from objects on the rpgmapshare site.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Rulyon wrote:I'm looking for set dressing to build up my environment. I'm running a Pathfinder game set in a metropolis, in the world's equivalent to their early Renaissance. Classic Fantasy set dressing would be great, as would environmental pieces, such as rubble, stones, dirt, scree, that sort of thing.
Go to the link Alias provided... scroll down to "Image Repositories and other Resources".

RPGMapshare and Dundjinni have tons of individual resources.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Rulyon
Kobold

Post by Rulyon »

Thanks, folks!

Return to “General Discussion”