Looking for Writers/Creative People to Create New System

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

captainsinith
Kobold

Looking for Writers/Creative People to Create New System

Post by captainsinith »

Hello,

I have not had a-lot of luck finding players on here. I am guessing that most are already in campaigns but I had been writing for many publishing houses over the course of 15 years. I knew Gary Gygax, and wrote for Troll Lord, as well with Wizards of the Coast, Green Ronin, and other houses. I do not write for companies anymore but I am still in touch with Gail Gygax [his wife] on a regular basis and just keeping up with current activities. As well still have many contacts in the industry.

I am patient, and will take as long as it takes to find the players for my campaign, but in the mean time I would like to find a small group of creative folk, writers and artists to create a new RPG or a supplement to an existing system.

I think it would be fun to put together something original and unique -- with that, I will give all equal credit and submit to my contacts and see if they will publish our creation. Or I will fund the independent publishing for a roll-out of 100 page, hardback book. Each of you will receive one for free, and then we can sell them for $9.99. I am sure I can get some sponsors from the publishing houses [from the editors or owners of] I have worked with and have good credibility/relations with them -- so I am sure it will be easy to get a few donors, but if not I will pay for it. I am retired now so I do have some expendable income. Retired at 37? Yes. =)

So either way it will be distributed through Barnes and Nobles and Walmart [those are the only places I have strong relations with because of previous work with -- I own a company that does marketing for them at times.]

Needed:
x3 Writers:
Storytelling
Mechanics
Creative Insight

x2 Artists:
Drawing the cover, and on page content.

x3
Editors/Project Manager
I will be one of them, need one other.

x1
Marketing and Advertising

That's about all that is needed.

What will be done:

We will create an original supplement or an entirely new RPG system from scratch.
100 Pages
Will independently or sponsored 100 book run. Hardcover, full color.
Create an entire story/plot to give insight to the mechanics. [module-like]

If you are interested, just let me know on here and we can go from there.

Thanks,
CS
Last edited by aliasmask on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Move from LFG to General Discussion
Currently recruiting for campaign: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e

HunabKu
Kobold

Re: Looking for Writers/Creative People to Create New System

Post by HunabKu »

I woukd be certainly interested in participating in your iniciative. I think I woukd fit in the mechanics / storytelling slots, so if you have no inconvenient, you can count me in.

I was trying to create my own system long ago, but it's a hell of a job for a single person and I didn't get far. I would like a SciFi setting, but I'm interested in about anything related to RPGs.

I'll keep an eye on the thread.

:)

Edit: once I get to my computer I'll elaborate more my application, I'm with my mobile phone now and writing is a pain in the posterior.

captainsinith
Kobold

Post by captainsinith »

Sounds great! I definitely want to get this done -- and make it fun and energetic. I am open to any ideas. I am glad that you posted. Let's see if we can find a couple other people and then we can get to brainstorming and really knock this out!

captainsinith
Kobold

Post by captainsinith »

I have mostly done Dungeons & Dragons type of writing, so stepping out of the comfort zone into sci-fi/futuristic system does sound like fun. I would be interested in that. I had an idea -- I just call it "Blender" right now, but it's like a time traveling type of foundation -- where Dungeons & Dragons would be the Medieval Era, and Modern would be present day, and Future would obviously be in the Future. So it would mesh all time eras into one system. I have not given it much thought, it just came to mind, so there is no flesh yet. But if that doesnt sound like fun, we can just go with one era -- futuristic/ci-fi. I am totally cool with that. Write out your ideas and we can start getting into the foundation.

If nothing else, I will hire some people from WoTC to work for us. I am really excited that there is at least some interest in writing a new system. Will be fun!

captainsinith
Kobold

Post by captainsinith »

HunabKu wrote:I woukd be certainly interested in participating in your iniciative. I think I woukd fit in the mechanics / storytelling slots, so if you have no inconvenient, you can count me in.

I was trying to create my own system long ago, but it's a hell of a job for a single person and I didn't get far. I would like a SciFi setting, but I'm interested in about anything related to RPGs.

I'll keep an eye on the thread.

:)

Edit: once I get to my computer I'll elaborate more my application, I'm with my mobile phone now and writing is a pain in the posterior.

Thanks for contacting, definitely is much more fun with another person. Two heads are better than one, plus keeping the enthusiasm up is always needed because it can be a long drawn out process where people get bored and stop writing -- it happens alot, but I have written many systems on my own and always finish them.

Return to “General Discussion”