[Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.1.x

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.3.+

Post by JamzTheMan »

Version 1.4.3.9

o Syrinscape support (Alpha); URI supported in links. eg <a href="syrinscape-fantasy:elements/YnVnYmVhci1iYXR0bGU6OjMtYmF0dGxlLWNyaWVz/play/">Play me</a> will launch Syrinscape and play the sound when clicked. This can be further enchanced by use of execLink and such to push this to other clients (but if they do not have it installed it will prompt them). Will be adding a "preference" to turn this feature off/on in the future to prevent unwanted prompts/sounds.

o sendURL macro supports Syrinscape and will invoke the URI as if you clicked it, eg [h: sendURL("syrinscape-fantasy:elements/YnVnYmVhci1iYXR0bGU6OjMtYmF0dGxlLWNyaWVz/play/")]

0 States UI updated, added an "Order" UI element.You can set the states "order" via this control and it will move to that position (no more "press up 123 times", woot!). Also, adding a new state adds it to the list above the currently selected state vs at the bottom. (note, added this a version or two ago, forgot about it though so noting here)
-Jamz

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

They do! Especially The Sci-Fi has some good ones too (actually covers modern, superhero, natural, cyber, etc. basically anything not fantasy but useful for fantasy as well). The down side is there can be TOO many sounds. The search feature helps a LOT but I think eventually he's going to have to redo that interface. At least the left pain/selection/organization portion.

FYI: You can now combine the soundsets, eg, I've ported all the sci-fi soundsets to my fantasy player so got em all in one place.

PS. To use with Maptool, press the + key in Syrinscape to get the URI of individual sound/mood. I've had some fun and now have a custom sound for each PC on their initiative as well as door open/close sounds all baked into my campaign. :)

Pro-Tip: Checkout Voicemeeter for Virtual cabling! I now have my sounds piped from GM PC to PC table with 7.1 surround sound! Voicemeeter is darn easy/cool. Can mix/broadcast several sources across lan or even mix inputs for use in Skype/Teamspeak/etc. Should be able to get your sound exactly where you need it now with this puppy! I give it 5 stars!
-Jamz

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.3.10

Post by JamzTheMan »

Ok, uploading a new version of my Fork, 1.4.3.10.

Changelog

o New Preference option,
Turn on Syrinscape Integration
Syrinscape Preference.jpg
Syrinscape Preference.jpg (18.54 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
o New Preference option,
Show Portrait on mouseover
Statsheet Options.jpg
Statsheet Options.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
, you can now hide Portrait/Stat sheet independently

o New Preference option, [spoiler="Stat sheet requires Shift key""]
Statsheet Options.jpg
Statsheet Options.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
[/spoiler], reverses Shift key use (normally shift key hides statsheet onMouseOver, this will require shift key to now view)

o Token Opacity!
sample
transparencySamples.jpg
transparencySamples.jpg (53.85 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
, Tokens can now have an opacity setting between .05 & 1 (5% - 100%). Access on
Edit Token dialog
transparency_config.jpg
transparency_config.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
and via macro.
Macros: setTokenOpacity(.05-1.0, [ID]), getTokenOpacity([ID])

o Hero Lab images full support.
sample
heroLabImagesSample.jpg
heroLabImagesSample.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
New "Images" tab on "Hero Lab" tab shows all "images" stored in the portfolio. Quick button change to use these image assets as Portrait, Image, or Handout. Access to images also provided via macro.
Macro: herolab.getImage(integer), interger 0-n is Index of image array

o Hero Lab Minion full support. Minion XML data now stored on token. (Hero Lab stores minion xml stat blocks on the Master/owners token). Also removed Minion statblocks from Master token to save space.
Macros: herolab.isMinion([ID]), returns true/false if token is a hero lab "minion" token
herolab.getMasterName([ID]), return the name of the "Master" character and is the characters original name as defined in the Portfolio and may not be the same as the token.
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

How/when do you decide which of your fork features get moved over to MT proper?

Any chance you're going to add function access for the token opacity feature?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

So far, I have choosen to submit everything from my fork back to RPTool. I do use my fork as sort of a beta, but considering I use it weekly for my games, I keep it as stable as possible.

What makes it into the RPTool build though is up to the core team. We put a freeze on 1.4.1.x so we can get that pretty stable, so I have been continuing tinkering away on my fork for things I need to run my game.

It is also a great opportunity for people to preview and provide feedback, although several people do just use my fork for their game.

Regarding opacity macro... Already done, see the previous post. :D
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

JamzTheMan wrote:Regarding opacity macro... Already done, see the previous post. :D
Doh. When I hit the Edit Token Dialog pop-out and it pushed the macro info off screen when viewing so I didn't notice it. ;)

Also, out of curiosity... is the "delay" in releasing 1.4.1.x because it's not stable and it awaiting development fixes or because the core team isn't all that engaged? It seems like we go through fits and starts with regard to releases... but, yet, you're able to pump out versions of your fork pretty regularly.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Full Bleed wrote:Also, out of curiosity... is the "delay" in releasing 1.4.1.x because it's not stable and it awaiting development fixes or because the core team isn't all that engaged? It seems like we go through fits and starts with regard to releases... but, yet, you're able to pump out versions of your fork pretty regularly.
It's pretty stable as far as MapTool is concerned. We had some issues regarding the automation of the build and as such the Launcher could loose "track" of the Jar version and require manual intervention. We wanted to do one more build with the final launcher changes and a 1.4.2.0 stable version should be released. But it does require a little more "process" as other core teams should verify code and do the proper release.

FWIW, I can pump out releases pretty easily now as I have a single gradle command that does everything for me + 1 more to publish it to my server. There's no "Pull Request", reviews, commits, publishing process so I get to develop, approve, & support it all by myself along with all the good and bad that comes with it. :)

That and I'm currently inbetween jobs, I have more free time than the normal person right now. 8)
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

And we had problems with the Splash screen not showing up in Mac OS clients that turned out to be Wrapper issues (I presume, since the problem seems to have gone away with a JW upgrade). Just lots of little things to clean up. But we're still taking bug reports and merging code. :)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

A new version of my Fork, 1.4.3.11

Changelog

o Fix a bug that caused state "Bars" to not display properly

o Fixed some Null token/fow bugs that crept in

o Custom "Frames" now remember their dock positions! for instance, you can display a Frame via onCampaign load and it will dock to the same place it was when you last shut down map tool. This is a PC setting like all the other frames and not accessible via macro.

o canSeeToken, getSightType, hasSight, setHasSight, setSightType macro functions now accept option TokenID as parameter like most other functions.
-Jamz

theblackalchemist
Kobold

Post by theblackalchemist »

Hey,

For some reason, Nerps now refuses to start on my PC. It worked one minute, and when I restarted the PC it fails to proceed past the splash screen.

The logfile errors are

Code: Select all

+0        [JREOverride] Processing JRE Override file (JreNameOverride)
+0        [JREOverride] JRE name overriden to Windows64JRE
+0        [Extractor] No GenericUpdater embedded, we are just a launcher
+0        [Extractor] ONLINE wrapper: No App embedded, GU will download and run
+0        [Extractor] Checking for a latest valid GU
+0        [PickFolder] Folder JWrapper-JWrapper-00049034758-complete matches JWrapper with version 49034758
+0        [PickFolder] Set latest to 49034758 JWrapper-JWrapper-00049034758-complete
+0        [PickFolder] Folder JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete matches Windows64JRE with version 49396302
+0        [PickFolder] Set latest to 49396302 JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+1        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\java.exe
+0        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\javaw.exe
+0        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\lib\rt.jar
+0        [Extractor] Latest GU version exists: JWrapper-JWrapper-00049034758-complete
+0        [Extractor] Existing JRE exists: JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+0        [Extractor] Latest GUversion is newer or same as our version so will just run
+0        [Extractor] Running without extraction now
+0        [HttpDownloader] Cleaning up...
+0        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+0        +++ Start: Launching
+0        [Extractor] Launching 'JWrapper-JWrapper-00049034758-complete' from master folder 'C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool' of class 0 using JRE 'Windows64JRE'
+0        [PickFolder] Folder JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete matches Windows64JRE with version 49396302
+0        [PickFolder] Set latest to 49396302 JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+0        [Extractor] Using private JRE JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+0        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\windowslauncher.exe
+0        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\MapTool.exe
+0        [Extractor] JRE LSO file is C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWApps\JRE-LastSuccessfulOptions-JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+0        [Extractor] Building classpath
+0        [Extractor] Creating launch properties
+0        [Extractor] Checking LSO file
+0        [Extractor] Reading C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWApps\JRE-LastSuccessfulOptions-JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+0        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWApps\JRE-LastSuccessfulOptions-JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+0        [Extractor] JRE LSO file exists
+0        [Extractor] Found 0 JVM Options
+0        [Extractor] Writing launch properties file
+1        [Extractor] Writing launch properties to C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-JWrapper-00049034758-complete\JWLaunchProperties-2470937316-20
+0        [Extractor] Launch properties length is 1325
+0        [Extractor] Writing to file
+0        [Extractor] Finished writing launch properties file
+0        [Extractor] Reading 0 extra args
+0        [Extractor] Read JRE compatibility class jwrapper.updater.GenericUpdaterJreVerifierLaunch
+0        [Extractor] Appending 2 command line args
+0        [Extractor] Executable: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\MapTool.exe
+0        [Extractor] Argument 0: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\MapTool.exe
+0        [Extractor] Argument 1: -cp
+0        [Extractor] Argument 2: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-JWrapper-00049034758-complete\jwrapperlib\jwstandalonelaunch.jar
+0        [Extractor] Argument 3: jwrapper.updater.GenericUpdaterLaunch
+0        [Extractor] Argument 4: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-JWrapper-00049034758-complete\JWLaunchProperties-2470937316-20
+0        [Extractor] Argument 5: JWVAPP
+0        [Extractor] Argument 6: MapTool_Launcher
+0        [Extractor] This is a newer extractor... launchclass is 0
+0        [Extractor] JRE folder is C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete
+0        [Extractor] Force spawn is 0 so attempting to launch via JNI
+0        +++ Start: JNI Launch
+0        [JNILaunch] Bin folder is C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin
+0        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\server\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Trying to load C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\server\jvm.dll [exists=1]
+1        [Utils] File does NOT exist: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\client\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Failed. Now trying to load library C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\client\jvm.dll [exists=0]
+0        [Utils] File does NOT exist: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Failed. Now trying to load library C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll [exists=0]
+0        [Utils] File does NOT exist: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Failed. Now trying to load library C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll [exists=0]
+0        [JNILauncher] Failed to load DLL. Will fall back to spawning.+0        [JNILaunch] [ERROR] Unable to load JRE library!
+0        [Extractor] Return code for JNI launch was 1
+0        ------------------------------------------------
+0        --- End: JNI Launch
+0        [Extractor] JNI launch failed. Attempting legacy spawn instead
+0        [Extractor] Attempting spawn launch
+0        +++ Start: Spawn launch
+0        [Utils] Closing logging file.

I have deleted everything from the App/Roaming Directory and reinstalled Java, but to no avail

I'm on latest Java, Win7x64.

Any advice?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Perhaps someone else running the Nerps version on Windows can post their log file and the two can be compared. There's nothing from yours that jumps out at me, but I'm not a Windows user so there could be something subtle that I'm not catching.

Reinstalling Java isn't important/useful anymore, since the Nerps version includes its own Java runtime environment.

I'd try deleting the Nerps directory and download/extract it again. Since it was after a PC restart, there could be some missing DLL (Windows never flushes DLL from RAM except during a reboot, so if a DLL is deleted everything continues to work -- even new apps will start up! -- until you reboot and memory is flushed). Maybe rebooting triggered some antivirus to quarantine one of the Nerps DLLs or something? (I'm just guessing here.)

theblackalchemist
Kobold

Azhrei wrote:Perhaps someone else running the Nerps version on Windows can post their log file and the two can be compared. There's nothing from yours that jumps out at me, but I'm not a Windows user so there could be something subtle that I'm not catching.

Reinstalling Java isn't important/useful anymore, since the Nerps version includes its own Java runtime environment.

I'd try deleting the Nerps directory and download/extract it again. Since it was after a PC restart, there could be some missing DLL (Windows never flushes DLL from RAM except during a reboot, so if a DLL is deleted everything continues to work -- even new apps will start up! -- until you reboot and memory is flushed). Maybe rebooting triggered some antivirus to quarantine one of the Nerps DLLs or something? (I'm just guessing here.)
Already did that.

I have the following log files.

https://pastebin.com/kGPXUTkj

https://pastebin.com/qkf10hHQ

https://pastebin.com/ZYyQ1fXK

Interestingly, in the last logfile, there is this piece of logs?:

Code: Select all

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+0        +++ Start: JNI Launch
+0        [JNILaunch] Bin folder is C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin
+0        [Utils] File exists: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\server\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Trying to load C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\server\jvm.dll [exists=1]
+2        [Utils] File does NOT exist: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\client\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Failed. Now trying to load library C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\bin\client\jvm.dll [exists=0]
+0        [Utils] File does NOT exist: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Failed. Now trying to load library C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll [exists=0]
+0        [Utils] File does NOT exist: C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
+0        [JNILaunch] Failed. Now trying to load library C:\Users\Pradeep\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00049396302-complete\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll [exists=0]
+0        [JNILauncher] Failed to load DLL. Will fall back to spawning.+0        [JNILaunch] [ERROR] Unable to load JRE library!
+0        [Extractor] Return code for JNI launch was 1
+0        --- End: JNI Launch
Is this whats causing the application to not launch? A fresh install of the application also does not work... If this is the reason why, where can I find the required dll?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I presume Jamz will be able to answer better than I -- it's his build and he's the one that integrated the JWrapper tool. Plus, he's on Windows.

It's strange that it finds the "server/jvm.dll" but then tries to load the client version and fails. And when it later looks for the server version, it looks in the "jre" subdirectory when it earlier found it somewhere else...?

It certainly does seem to be confused by something, I just can't tell what. Unless you need Java installed for a different app, you could try uninstalling Java and use the one that comes with Nerps. Maybe the PATH setting that points to the global installation is confusing it somehow...?

theblackalchemist
Kobold

Azhrei wrote:I presume Jamz will be able to answer better than I -- it's his build and he's the one that integrated the JWrapper tool. Plus, he's on Windows.

It's strange that it finds the "server/jvm.dll" but then tries to load the client version and fails. And when it later looks for the server version, it looks in the "jre" subdirectory when it earlier found it somewhere else...?

It certainly does seem to be confused by something, I just can't tell what. Unless you need Java installed for a different app, you could try uninstalling Java and use the one that comes with Nerps. Maybe the PATH setting that points to the global installation is confusing it somehow...?
Okay..tried uninstalling global java, and still get the same error. ..Out of curiosity is Jamz usually active nowadays on the forums?

Return to “Testing”