Frame/window with image and input on top?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
celestian
Dragon

Frame/window with image and input on top?

Post by celestian »

I was wondering, is it possible to place a image in a frame and on top of that have fields. For example a character sheet image and then input/data in places like name/stats/etc.

Right now I've basically built the entire sheet in html but saw some other VTT's that did it another way and was wondering if Maptools could do the something similar.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Frame/window with image and input on top?

Post by aliasmask »

You can set an image as a background image, but you can't resize it. And then you can put text over the image or other images.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

It isn't officially part of the HTML spec, but based on a quick-n-dirty test, it would appear that Maptool's HTML rendering engine supports background images for the entire table (and probably for individual cells, though I haven't tested it).

This:

Code: Select all

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" background="[r: getImage('myback')]">
will display the image from a token named "myback" behind whatever the contents of the table are.

(This is in 1.4.0.5)

celestian
Dragon

Post by celestian »

I'll tinker with it and see what happens.

Thanks!

Return to “MapTool”