Can't find map layers?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Tesagk
Kobold

Can't find map layers?

Post by Tesagk »

According to this, there should be a way for me to select which layer I'm on. Yet I can't seem to find it, and there's no "layers" under the Windows dropdown.

Help?
Attachments
scrn-map-tools.png
scrn-map-tools.png (41.72 KiB) Viewed 771 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Can't find map layers?

Post by aliasmask »

You have the ruler tool selected (far right). Select the box just to the left of it.

Tesagk
Kobold

Post by Tesagk »

Tesagk wrote:According to this, there should be a way for me to select which layer I'm on. Yet I can't seem to find it, and there's no "layers" under the Windows dropdown.

Help?
This was it, thank you.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

aliasmask wrote:You have the ruler tool selected (far right). Select the box just to the left of it.
The question, "Have you got the ruler selected?" solves most Maptool related problems during my game nights :mrgreen:

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I never use that tool personally so that's one way of avoiding it...

But there was a request so I changed the mouse cursor to a tape measure in my fork, it should also be in the PR for 1.4.1.7...
-Jamz

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I think if you click on anything other than the map that it should snap back to "normal" mode and off ruler mode. It would help make it more idiot proof (no offense intended to OP, I've done this a 1000 times myself).

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:I think if you click on anything other than the map that it should snap back to "normal" mode and off ruler mode. It would help make it more idiot proof (no offense intended to OP, I've done this a 1000 times myself).
Nice idea. I think everyone that's used MT has, as some point, been on the ruler when they didn't mean to be.

There is no right+left click functionality in MT either. I could see that being used as the ruler to get rid of the ruler "tool" completely.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

JamzTheMan wrote:But there was a request so I changed the mouse cursor to a tape measure in my fork, it should also be in the PR for 1.4.1.7...
Perfect!

Return to “MapTool”