Drawing over FOW

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Madeiner
Cave Troll

Drawing over FOW

Post by Madeiner »

Hello,

i am playing a shadowrun campaign and i often use maptool to show the building's computer network over the normal map.
I'm currently using drawings to create the network links, but i'd like that to be shown over the fog of war. Is there any way i can do that?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Drawing over FOW

Post by wolph42 »

hmm...basically no. one way i can think of is to make the grid tokens pc owned with .5 vision range, that way the players can see them but not beyond the cell of the grid token.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

If you are on 1.4.1.7 or my Fork, and the network is a stamp/token, you can check Always Visible and it may give you the results you want?
-Jamz

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

There is one other alternative and that is to use a really large graphic as your FOW texture.

This has the disadvantage that the image is tiled. So it needs to be pretty large. There is also the difficulty of lining up the FOW texture with your map. My advice is start with the FOW texture and then draw the map.

Return to “MapTool”