Screen tearing

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Alanox3
Kobold

Screen tearing

Post by Alanox3 »

Hey, i dont know where to post this but since few weeks i got weird screen tearing problems. Updated java and Geforce driver
Attachments
screen tearing.JPG
screen tearing.JPG (434.82 KiB) Viewed 1078 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Screen tearing

Post by aliasmask »

You should try the troubleshooting options in the launcher to see if it fixes your problem. Try the OpenGL or DirectX ones first.

Alanox3
Kobold

Post by Alanox3 »

If i open the troubleshoot tab i only see "select launcher logging detail" "off , info, warning, severe" and another box with Enable assertions

Dont know what to check here

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Ah, I'm using 1.4.1.7. You can add this line under advanced tab "-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false" for the directX fix OR this line "-Dsun.java2d.opengl=True" for the openGL fix.

Alanox3
Kobold

Post by Alanox3 »

Im using the starting batch file. Is it possible to add this line under advanced and still start maptools with the batch file ?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Alanox3 wrote:Im using the starting batch file. Is it possible to add this line under advanced and still start maptools with the batch file ?
Post your Help>Gather Debug

That will give us the version you're using and the memory settings.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Alanox3
Kobold

Post by Alanox3 »

==== MapTool Information ====
MapTool Version: 1.4.0.0

MapTool Home...: C:\Users\XXX\.maptool
Max mem avail..: 910M
Max mem used...: 245M

==== Java Information ====
Java Vendor.: Oracle Corporation
Java Home...: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144
Java Version: 1.8.0_144
Result of executing 'java -version':
............: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
............: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

==== OS Information ====
OS Name........: Windows 10
OS Version.....: 10.0
OS Architecture: amd64
PATH...........: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;c:\programdata\oracle\java\javapath;c:\program files (x86)\razer chroma sdk\bin;c:\program files\razer chroma sdk\bin;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\wbem;c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\;;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\wbem;c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\;c:\program files (x86)\skype\phone\;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\wbem;c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;.
Number of Procs: 12

==== User Information ====
User Name: XXX
User Home: C:\Users\XXX
User Dir.: C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\DSA\Test

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I really recommend using the latest version with the launcher, but you can add that command in the batch file after the maptool.jar call (same line after any quotes).

example:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\JWrapper-MapTool\JWrapper-Windows64JRE-00044487682-complete\bin\java -Xms64M -Xmx2048M -Xss4M -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -DMAPTOOL_DATADIR=C:\Users\Chris\.maptool   -jar MapTool-1.4.1.7-fat.jar run
The above is actually generated with launcher at the bottom.

Return to “General Discussion”