Bag of minor issues when building maptool

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
bobifle
Giant

Bag of minor issues when building maptool

Post by bobifle »

Hello,

I'm trying to build maptool from the source code. I should warn you that I'm a total noob regarding the java system in general, so I may just add noise here, feel free to ignore my comments if they are just a consequence of my noobitude.

1/ On linux, I had issues with some file CRLF vs LF on the master branch (licence files). Is there a rule regarding the use of CRLF ? I may just have to configure properly my git client on linux
FILES
# modified: maptool/src/dist/lib/readme/commons-beanutils-1.8.3-LICENSE.txt
# modified: maptool/src/dist/lib/readme/commons-io-2.0.1-LICENSE.txt
# modified: maptool/src/dist/lib/readme/commons-lang-2.6-LICENSE.txt
# modified: maptool/src/dist/lib/readme/commons-logging-LICENSE.txt
# modified: maptool/src/dist/lib/readme/renderpack-LICENSE.txt
# modified: maptool/src/dist/lib/readme/xpp3-license.txt
2/ switching to the branch 1.4 using the tag 1.4.1.8

Code: Select all

17ec2e7 (HEAD, tag: 1.4.1.8) Merge pull request #142 from Azhrei/1.4.1-dev-branch
3/ "gradlew build" works

4/ "gradlew release" doesn't. I have the same error on windows 64 or Linux 64. I'm not even sure I should execute this. I was trying to build an standalone executable.
RELEASE
Couldn't find 'gradle.properties' file in any parent (30 levels searched).
:maptool:createSplashImages FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':maptool:createSplashImages'.
> Process 'command '/home/bobifle/maptool/src/jdk/jdk1.8.0_151/bin/java'' finished with non-zero exit value 1
5/ "gradlew run" kinda works. I have error messages bu in the end, maptools launches
errors_run
AVERTISSEMENT: <html><b>launch.properties</b>: MapTool .jar not found (EXECUTABLE): <b>/home/bobifle/maptool/src/maptool/launcher/build/classes/MapTool-1.4.1.7-fat.jar</b>
6/ Finaly everything from the launcher to the maptool menus and splash screen advertise a 1.4.1.7 version. I wonder if the tag 1.4.1.8 has been properly placed.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Bag of minor issues when building maptool

Post by JamzTheMan »

If you want to create an "installable" image, you need to download the JDK's and place them in a directory and place the path in a gradle.properties file specific to your system. See the gradle.properties.sample file.

It "works" but it wasn't ideal which is why I am moving towards using javapackager, now that it's pretty useful/stable with Java 1.8.
-Jamz

Return to “MapTool 1.4”