reverting token from 1.4.1.7 BACK to 1.4.0.5...possible

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

reverting token from 1.4.1.7 BACK to 1.4.0.5...possible

Post by xavram »

Our campaign is run in 1.4.0.5 but I sometimes play around in 1.4.1.7. Well, I accidently saved the library token while messing in version .7 and now if I try to open it in 0.5, I get an error.

Is there any way to revert the token "back"? Or am I going to have to re-do everything I've done? gulp...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: reverting token from 1.4.1.7 BACK to 1.4.0.5...possible

Post by aliasmask »

What's the error? I would think any extra info would be ignored. Perhaps you have tokens with a type that's not supported in the previous version like with iso tokens. If you change the type to something standard then it will likely work.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Iso tokens were added right at the start of 1.4.0.0, so it wouldn't be that per say.

You could try using the Export function that saves campaigns as older versions to export a copy of the map/campaign that contains the 1.4.1.7 version of the token. Hopefully you'd then be able to grab the token from there.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, I wasn't sure what changes from those 2 versions would apply to tokens.

I just tried it myself and the error I got was related to isoWidth. btw, it's not an iso image, so changing the type won't work. I also tried opening a campaign saved with 1.4.1.7 and it wouldn't load.
Attachments
isowidth error.jpg
isowidth error.jpg (55.86 KiB) Viewed 390 times

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Yeah, the export function. I am at work at the moment so can't remember the exact menu positions, but I will try it when I get home :)

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

I will have to keep the Export thing in mind, but I fixed it by going into the content.xml file itself and removing the params that 1.4.0.5 didn't like (isoWidth/Height being 2 of them, there were like 3 more). After doing that, then everything loaded and worked just fine.

Return to “MapTool”