OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43 [EMBARKATION]

Post by Holladerwaldelf »

Thank you!
This whole token "project" is a really great thing btw. That must have cost you an incredible amount of time. :)

I am running into another error when i try to use the teleport pads:
I named two tokens 'PadStart 1' and 'PadEnd 1'. Then i ran the 'initialize pads' macro which seemed to have worked fine. It tells me that it has found two tokens named 'PadStart 1' and 'PadEnd 1'. When i move another token on one of the pad-tokens nothing happens except for an error message like this:
   Invalid condition in IF(getState(invisState, meTok)) roll option.       Statement options (if any): h,if(getState(invisState, meTok)), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [seeingToks = getTokenNames("json", json.set("{}","setStates", json.append("", seeInvisState)))] [purgingToks = getTokenNames(

It seems like I did some stupid mistake in setting up the tokens as I am sure you tested out the basic functionality (as is seen in your youtube video)... Could it be the maptool version i am using? (maptool - 1.4.1.7)

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

so if my tokens have a state called 'invisState' it should work?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

no alas not. invisState is a variable containing the actual name of the state. You can check in te BoT settings what the actual names are. In the mean time I'm debugging these issues

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ok fixed the issues. You can redownload the onTokenmove rptok file of the summontoken issue.

As for the invisibility...its *kind* of a newbie issue...In lib:eventMacro on default 'invisibility' is turned on, you should turn this off if you're not using it (and no states are defined).
I've updated the lib:eventmacros so its turned off for future sue, but its far easier for you to simple turn it off in the settings.

Thank you for the reports

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

redownload from this thread or from somewhere else?
i redownloaded, deleted the old token, dragged the new token in my campaign, reloaded the campaign and am getting the same error message (Undefined function: bot_summonToken) when i try to use the summon token macro.
i also unchecked 'invisibility' in the settings, now i do not get any error but also nothing else happens, the token is not teleported...
what am i doing wrong? :?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

apologies, i forgot that my dropbox is cleaning up, will probably take a couple of hours. Its in the share folder it just has to sync. Try again in a couple of hours.

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Thank you! Now the summon token macro is working. Very Useful!!!
Teleporting from one pad to another does not work though. No error message after i unchecked 'invisibility' in the settings but also no teleporting... Is that supposed to work?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thats weird I tested it on my side and it worked (after the update, but thats irrelevant). can you share the campaign file, then ill have a look (you can use e.g dropbox to share).

You *did* initialize the map right? And 'special pads' is checked in the toggles tab of the settings?

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Here is the campaign file.
i think i initialized correctly, the window tells me that it found the two pads. i also checked 'special pads'.
I tried moving the pad-tokens to the object layer but that did not make any difference.
Attachments
WB_System_v4.0.cmpgn
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ok checked it. You're a special case, you're using a gridless map and the BoT is optimized for snap-to-square-grid. So basically you're using the opposite of what its build for. Nonetheless most things should work (but very likely a couple of things won't work).

All the pad functions work with moveOn, MoveOff, MoveOver, etc events (5 in total). When you have a gridded map its really easy to determine whether a token was on the 'same' coordinate of a pad during its travel (or start or end). With a gridless map not so much. I don't know how MT handles moveOverToken in this particular case (e.g. overlapping pixels? Only Up-Left corner?) which means you have to play with it a bit.

tl;dnr: if you make the pads (significantly) bigger it will work.

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Thank you for the help.
I tried it with a map with grid and tokens that snap to the grid. Now they are teleported. :D

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thats the other way. As I said: it works on gridless as well (tested it) but your teleport-pads need to be big(ger) enough for them to 'detect' a token moving over them.

But on the whole, if you're planning to use more BoT functions you're better of on a grid.

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

i played around with the pad-token-size on a gridless map. but no matter how big i make the grid-tokens the teleport does not happen.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”