Call for Volunteers

Discussion of your thoughts & requests, help for users and game specific configuration files for Character Tool

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

iso8859-1
Kobold

SVN

Post by iso8859-1 »

One question for the start: is there a policy on how to check in which content to SVN (like development only to branch_x, lead developer decides when to merge this to main branch and so on)?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

To check things in you have to send me a patch file from Eclipse. The instructions to do that are here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=47001#47001

flatrat
Kobold

Post by flatrat »

It seems that no one has offered to help with RSRD/MSRD aka D20 version 3.5. I have conferred with Jay via PM and it seems that the Computer Use DC is within reach of my skill rank. (Hopefully taking 10, not 20.) So, I'd be happy to help with the game file for this system.
duo-dimensionally yours,
flatrat

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Thank you flatrat! It is appreciated.

chriscb
Kobold

Post by chriscb »

Hi !

I've the very private project to translate the DnD4e.rpgame file in french. Perhaps it could help if I give it to you ?

blacklake
Kobold

Post by blacklake »

man, i am psyched for the 4e version of character tool. Have been a fan of the rptools for a while now and though i better become a registered fan :D
Have been using maptool for our p+p gaming since back in the 1.2.18 days when one of our group DM'd a hellgate london inspired rpg based of the d20 modern rules. Never really got around to using chartool, but inittool was a big help for some of the massive swarm battles we had to fight. We used to use dmgenie for most of our stuff, but having to track 50+ creatures in that program wasnt the best.
Now 4ed has come out and im dming the game we've gone completely tech heavy, using initool with just basic stats at the moment to run the creatures. maptool and some of the great macros created in these forums. and am psyched so much work is being done on the 4ed chartool so i can directly import tokens from it into maptool.

Thanks guys, your awesome

snex
Kobold

Post by snex »

is there any reason the files arent just straight XML? if they were XML then anybody could make their own at any time without having to submit requests.

if not, could the source (or at least the way the files work) at least be released? if i knew how these files worked i could probably write something that translates an XML file into them easily, and anybody who knew XML could crank out files all day long.

edit: in any case, i can help with d20 3.5

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The game settings file is actually a zip file containing a bunch of XML files and images. You can see the entire layout of the zip file here.

Benz72
Giant

Re:

Post by Benz72 »

jay wrote:Thank you for your help Highland Piper! You are now in charge of the GURPS game settings file. It needs a lot of work, as it is only partially complete. I'll be happy to assist where I can, but I don't have access to these rules and I have never played the game.

I don't have an editor available for game settings files so for now any changes will need to be done by hand. Check the Adopters threads for instructions on how to do this. If there is any help I can provide please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
Jay
Not sure what is being/still needs to be done but I play GURPS and will help if I can.
BTW...Do you need a copy of the rules?

Kyouhen
Kobold

Re: Call for Volunteers

Post by Kyouhen »

Wow, only two people for 3.5 so far? Sign me up! I've got Java experience as well as XML and C#.

flatrat
Kobold

Post by flatrat »

Kyouhen wrote:Wow, only two people for 3.5 so far? Sign me up! I've got Java experience as well as XML and C#.
Having volunteered some months ago, I have fallen quiet myself. Typical demonstration of Murphyistic principles: as soon as I raised my hand, the free time I thought I had for the chartool project was absorbed by other demands.

Kyouhen, I can pass the torch to you as the owner of the 3.5 implementation of Chartool, or we can collaborate more closely here. Your call. I do not know the programming side of things well, but I have a ridiculous amount of experience with SRD/RSRD.
duo-dimensionally yours,
flatrat

Kyouhen
Kobold

Post by Kyouhen »

flatrat wrote:
Kyouhen wrote:Wow, only two people for 3.5 so far? Sign me up! I've got Java experience as well as XML and C#.
Having volunteered some months ago, I have fallen quiet myself. Typical demonstration of Murphyistic principles: as soon as I raised my hand, the free time I thought I had for the chartool project was absorbed by other demands.

Kyouhen, I can pass the torch to you as the owner of the 3.5 implementation of Chartool, or we can collaborate more closely here. Your call. I do not know the programming side of things well, but I have a ridiculous amount of experience with SRD/RSRD.
I vote collaborate. Coding I can handle, but I'm still fairly new to D&D in general. Someone with more experience might be able to put up more suggestions on what can be done to improve it.

flatrat
Kobold

Post by flatrat »

Kyouhen wrote: I vote collaborate. Coding I can handle, but I'm still fairly new to D&D in general. Someone with more experience might be able to put up more suggestions on what can be done to improve it.
Works for me. We can coordinate through the boards here, or directly via email, as you see fit. I'll send you my email address via board message.

Cheers
duo-dimensionally yours,
flatrat

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

If it would help to have a subforum, let me know.

I'm thinking that it might be good to have your work included on the forums as a backup, if no other reason. But I don't want to force any structure on you -- it's your project.

flatrat
Kobold

Post by flatrat »

Azhrei wrote:If it would help to have a subforum, let me know.

I'm thinking that it might be good to have your work included on the forums as a backup, if no other reason. But I don't want to force any structure on you -- it's your project.
A sub-forum makes sense. How are other groups working on other game-specific files managing things?
duo-dimensionally yours,
flatrat

Return to “CharacterTool”