Macros

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
torstan
Great Wyrm

Macros

Post by torstan »

I was just testing out 1.2b8 with a friend and I had a play with the new macro buttons. It seems the quick keys for the macros only work when the macro window is selected. Does anyone else get this?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I'll take a look
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

galneweinhaw
Dragon

Re: Macros

Post by galneweinhaw »

torstan wrote:I was just testing out 1.2b8 with a friend and I had a play with the new macro buttons. It seems the quick keys for the macros only work when the macro window is selected. Does anyone else get this?
torstan, I was working on the macro quickkeys so would like to try and fix this bug.

I can't repeat this problem unfortunately. For example, if I click the IMAGE EXPLORER frame/window then hit one of my macro keys F# it works...

Could you help me try to reproduce this so I can fix it?

The only problems I've found are some of the Alt-F# keys which seem to have other associations outside maptool. (Alt F2 for example brings up a message from my ISP =P )

trevor

Post by trevor »

Specifically, if you could walk through steps from start-up to when you expect the keys to function and they don't.

We must be missing a step in our repro attempts, which is why we're interested in following the exact steps.

Thanks !

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Ah, found the issues.

In the default layout, the macro buttons work fine. However, toggle floating on the macro window and move it somewhere else on the screen.

Now select the chat window and try to use a macro quick key (I've just been using a macro assigned to F2) and it won't work. Select the floating macro window, and now it does work.

I hope this allows you to reproduce it, otherwise I'll do a full step by step with all details. Thanks for looking into it.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Actually that makes perfect sense. Hmmm, we're gonna have to figure out how to work around floating windows.

Thanks for the details !

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Glad you were able to reproduce it.

Return to “MapTool”