Image Collections - WotC Minis - Witcher - WotC Maps

For everything about graphics/tokens developed by users and offered for others to use in their games.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Image Collections - WotC Minis - Witcher - WotC Maps

Post by aliasmask »

I went through their archives and painstaking download the images of their miniatures to be used as tokens. The images are fairly small and the names aren't always terribly descriptive, but it's what I have. There are over 1000 minis so I'm sure you can find something useful, I have. I made an attempt to sort some of them, but I gave up on it for other projects. If someone has the time and inclination to rename and categorized them to their appearance, that would be awesome. File is about 45MB and has 1159 images.

If you're curious, I think this link will have most if not all of the minis I downloaded.
      • WotC Miniatures
I also just gathered a collection of Witcher portraits from Witcher Wiki. Most are character images with transparent backgrounds and of a good size. Total 43MB, 219 images.
      • Witcher Portraits
Not my resource, just mirroring it: Ultimate Token Archive 7000+

I downloaded the Complete Compiled Archive of the WotC maps and put them in to a zip file. I figured since I did all the work of downloading them individually, I'd share with everyone here. Where multiple maps was an option, I downloaded the largest, untagged color maps. File size is 556mb zipped with 387 files and 43 folders.
      • WotC 3.5 Maps
The WotC "Rules of the Game Archive" for 3.5 is an invaluable resource. The way it was published though is kind of a pain. It's free to download in all it's assorted parts, but I've combined all the parts in to a single pdf document for each topic and then zipped each one for a single download. It doesn't include "Animals" because I really haven't found a need for it nor spent the time to download and merge the documents.
      • WotC 3.5 "Rules of the Game" PDF
Last edited by aliasmask on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: WotC Minitures download

Post by aliasmask »

Reserved.
Last edited by aliasmask on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Giving this a bump in case some people missed this post.
Attachments
nightwalker.jpg
nightwalker.jpg (21.18 KiB) Viewed 27429 times

Shpena
Cave Troll

Post by Shpena »

I grabbed the initial link, didn't get a chance to thank you.

This might prove most useful since finding good portraits seems to be taking 90% of my campaign building time :(
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
- Louis-Hector Berlioz

kazinsky
Giant

Post by kazinsky »

I thank you for this work. This will help a lot. Like Shpena, I tend to use up too much time finding good artwork for my tokens. ;)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Cool, 45 downloads in 3 days. If any one of you decides to reorganize, rename and or clean up the images (set transparencies) please let me know and I can download from you :). It's something I want to do, but I don't think I have the time just now.

But it's something I want/need done when I do a creature resource in maptools. No more downloading tokens and setting up their properties. Just a few clicks and it's done. This can be done with 3.5/pathfinder and if someone gives me the db for 4e, then that too.

Kiyosa
Kobold

Post by Kiyosa »

Looks like you need to re-up the download AliasMask. If I were to get said download I think I may be able to get it all sorted and categorized with transparencies for you sometime next week.

For the categorization, would want things divided basically with 4e official keywords?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I don't think there is a download limit. There's already 86 download, 39 from this week. Try again? I clicked link and it brought me to download page.

4e is fine. I know some monsters changed types and subtypes but I'm more concerned with the official name. plus there are a lot of character class with names not related. I started doing thing like, "male chain axe red" just to be caught by a keyword search.

Kiyosa
Kobold

Post by Kiyosa »

I just downloaded it fine. 4 hours ago when I was going to sleep ( :oops: ) it was a page not found error.... so either it or I was messing up somewhere.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

I edited the following sets a while back:

Aberrations
Angelfire
Archfiends
Bloodwar
Deathknell
Desert of Desolation
Giants of Legend
Night Below

In each I've removed the white backgrounds, the black bases, and added some things like bowstrings and minor effects. I also started a naming system whereby the Class (if humanoid) and or race/type of creature is first, followed by the more colorful names the mini's might have.

So, for example, I have seven kinds of hobgoblins from the above sets in the format:

Hobgoblin, XXXXXXX

That makes it much easier to find certain creatures. Some things, however, are subjective and I might name something "Ranger, Rogue, XXXXXX" if I think it can be used for both.

The newer, higher resolution, pics are a heck of a lot easier to work with than the earlier ones... but I haven't done anything on these in a long time.

You can get them HERE.

There are 494 minis in the zip.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

BruntFCA
Kobold

Post by BruntFCA »

You can also try this Macro this guy wrote over at Fantasy Grounds

It auto downloads them resizes them and makes them transparent. Very cool, I got about 1000 transparent minis and the originals in-case I want to make more. It also sorts them into some sort of folder structure.

The filenames remain intact, so it's easy to find "eye of flame", "kobold" etc.

http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=10812

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Image Collections - WotC Minis - Witcher

Post by aliasmask »

I just added a download link for a collection of Witcher portraits.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Image Collections - WotC Minis - Witcher

Post by aliasmask »

I've added the full collection of the WotC maps from 3.5 for download. Source and more info is in first post.

kyuss11
Giant

Re: Image Collections - WotC Minis - Witcher - WotC Maps

Post by kyuss11 »

Thanks Aliasmask the maps are great,keep up the good work. :)

Mylon
Cave Troll

Re: Image Collections - WotC Minis - Witcher - WotC Maps

Post by Mylon »

I followed the link to this from your signature, but the mini link download isn't working. :(

Return to “Tilesets, Token Libraries, and Complete Maps”