I've Cracked!

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

dorpond
RPTools Team

I've Cracked!

Post by dorpond »

Dorpond: Hey Love, do me a favor and take some pictures of me making really stupid faces.
Wife: What in the heck are you doing? *While she is laughing at the faces I am making*
Dorpond: Well, I want to make some custom tokens of me for the gang at RPTools for a laugh.
Wife: *Laughing her donkey off*

Dopond then sits down with Wife and we go nuts putting my face on several different pictures and blend them the best we can.

*Wife falls off chair laughing so much*

Dorpond uploads them for your viewing/gaming pleasure. I guess this kinda fits my personality. I think I'll keep my current avatar, thank you :)

Last edited by dorpond on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

That's a riot !

*Trevor to wife: Hey check out this crazy user !
*Wife to Trevor: Those tokens are AWESOME ! I would totally use those !

:)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

Jester FTW !

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

*Dorpond Bows*

Thank you, Thank you :)

I am not too hip on board lingo - FTW?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

OK, so the wife and I had a ball last night making these. Then I got to thinking how neat it would be to have portraits and tokens for a character that Alters Shape or something.

I know, it is a sickness I have! :P

So anyway - hopefully you can get a laugh looking at these and maybe if you are half as nuts as I am, you'll use them in a game somewhere.

I had a ball making them. All pictures were modified via Photoshop - just my face placed on pictures pulled from the web and blended.
Last edited by dorpond on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

OK, now for the imaginative fun! This is what I see this guy being:

The Character Name: Let's call him Eli Witbaum.
Class: Bard
Favorite Spell: Alter Self.
Highest Stat: Charisma.
Lowest Stat: Strength
Notes: His dad is a rope maker and when Eli said he was going to travel the lands, his dad gave him a mule. (Eli thinks he is a Mule-Donkey)
Mules Name: Herbert

As you can see, Eli doesn't carry anything. He is so weak that he makes Herbert carry everything. Herbert is usually loaded to the max but not of adventuring gear; no, Eli usually loads him up the tents, sleeping bags, pots and pans, firewood, bread and cheese, 4 lamps, 12 pounds of soap, mirrors, brushes and combs, 7 bags of water, 7 pairs of shoes, 12 different pairs of clothes (royal outfit, jesters outfit, entertainers outfit, peasent, etc), 16 bottles of wine, fine dining materials, etc..

Herbert doesn't mind really - he is used to it.

One day, while shopping at a far away desert city, Eli went too far and loaded Herbert with too much stuff. Eli took advantage of the moment and while everyone was in a hysterical laugh, Eli swiped a Jeweled covered mirror with golden handle. That day, Eli had to remove 6 bags from the cart so Herbert could manage it.

Eli thinks he is good looking but everyone else thinks he is below average. It is really Eli's way of words that gets him what he wants. He onced convinced a nations ruler to do the chicken dance while addressing economical issues to the people. How he did it, is beyond everyone, even the ruler himself; but stated in a local news article, he was quoted "Eli has a way about him. One look at that face and want to bust out laughing or drink a beer with the lad! He is genuine though, a rarity every town needs!"

Eli Witbaum is a charming lad working only on his charismatic nature. He can't fight at all. He walks into every situation with conversation and when all hell breaks loose, he takes off running in the background weaving mind affecting magic. He hates Elves since they are on to his mind bending ways and when he makes himself appear as one, he makes sure he looks as stupid as he can. From time to time, Eli will pull out a whip and use it to disarm and trip his foes from a safer distance.

He is also a master of disguise - if it isn't magic altering his image, it is the several wigs and makeups that he carries around with him. One party member couldn't believe it when he saw 15 disguise kits neatly tucked away in Herberts saddle bags. Most people don't even know what Eli looks like without the smoke and mirrors and Eli will rarely let his true self be seen (some say it is because of a terrible mole that covers 1/3 of his face but that is only rumor).

Eli will question you instead of killing you. He will question you until you can't take it anymore and finally give in to him. The enemy can't take it when he is constantly combing his hair and looking at his teeth in the mirror he carries while he interrogates them - either can the party and they usually walk away for about 15 minutes and return when he is done. One party member couldn't take it anymore and jumped off a 7 story building but Eli couldn't let him do it and cast a Feather Fall spell on him, sparing his life. He never did thank Eli for it.

Once while fighting a Medusa, Eli pulled out his mirror to try and locate the beast but it ended in tragedy when Eli found it more interesting looking at himself instead.. That cost him the life of his friend Jurek -- Oh well, Eli noticed that smudge of dirt on his cheek anyway..

LOL...

No, Eli was never a character I played.. I just thought it would be fun to attach a story to him. :)

What kind of character would you make him? (be nice!)

:P
Last edited by dorpond on Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: I am not too hip on board lingo - FTW?
FTW => For The Win, used to exclaim a winning move:

"Pawn takes queen FTW !"

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

I am picturing an entire party made up of these tokens.

:shock:
~Giliath

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Dude, you've got WAAAAAAAY too much time on your hands! LOL!
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Actually, I have always been that way - I make fun out of learning. Not only did I piss myself making those pictures, I learned a hell of a lot about Photoshop and photo manipulation.

Hopefully you all got a chuckle out of it anyway..

Oh well, I best get back to the servers.

kardock
Kobold

Post by kardock »

oh yes i had a chuckle!

dorpond, you are my new hero! :wink:

Return to “User Creations”