My Savage World set up

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

flynnkd
Cave Troll

My Savage World set up

Post by flynnkd »

I pinched a lot of this from RPTrolls stuff, so thanks for that.

This is a look at the various token switches. Unlike RPTrolls macros, which were stored on the token itself, I am using the latest version option that allows macros to target the selected icon, so all the macros are Global.

The campaign file for this is 12m:
http://www.austwiz.com/sw/maptool/SavageWorlds.cmpgn

The properties files:
http://www.austwiz.com/sw/maptool/SavageWorlds.mtprops

Finally a registry file for the Global macros. BE WARNED!!! Double clicking this reg file will write all the macros onto your pc, OVERWRITING whatever you may have there now. If you are unsure of what to do I strongly suggest you just edit the reg file in a text editor, and copy out the commands.

"http://www.austwiz.com/sw/maptool/Sava ... lobal.reg"

So if you really want it just post that URL into your browser.
Kevin Flynn

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Thanks. Always great to have another Savage on the boards. Cool setup.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

OK. I'm making another go at Savage Worlds Macros. I'll build off what flynnkd began. I'll incorporate the latest card draw macro from pyro to hopefully get something the players can use for initiative.

If anyone wants to help and/or discuss the best approach post here.

My intent is to use a lib:SavageJack token to hold the macros eventually getting us to trusted macros.

[edit] The links above don't work any longer so we'll start from where I left off.

Crudeboy
Giant

Post by Crudeboy »

I'll be glad to help however I can.

I've been thinking more about SW stuff over the past few days, taking a break from trying to MapTool-ize VOR the Maelstrom and thinking more about the Low Life game I'll run one of these years.

I suppose I should get cracking, especially after getting a giggity tattooed on my arm yesterday. Heh.

What has been done already?

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I've got a working campaign file, properties and set of macros that once worked as of build 39. I think some of the recent changes were breaking changes so at least some will need rewriting.

There's also the new input() function that pops up a dialog box I want to incorporate and now the various list functions I htink we can do some neat stuff with edges and hindrances as well.

The macros need rewriting to incorporate the new functionality but I'm wondering if we should wait for Craig's stuff to hit before rewriting.

So I guess we're about a week out.
Last edited by RPTroll on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrVesuvius
Giant

Post by DrVesuvius »

I've got a pretty good working setup for Savage Worlds for b45. I'm running 50 Fathoms with it at the moment. It's not big on automation, but that's because I prefer to keep the human step in the process - it allows for fudging and on-the-fly bonus adjudication.

Initiative card draw is faked by a D54 roll and a table lookup.

If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll be happy to share what I've got.

I'm working on an update for b48 which will make more use of Lib: macros and hopefully provide a genuine Initiative deck draw..

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I was hoping to use the tabbed pane of input() for some cool stuff but was foiled by the fact it hasn't been included in the build yet.

Also, Pyro has done some cool stuff with card draws in User Creations I hope to incorporate soon.

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: My Savage World set up

Post by RPTroll »

After much gnashing of teeth I can claim success at drawing a card and updating the init panel with the value. Now to code the rules of reshuffle on a joker+turn change, the two feats I know of that affect init and the init fuctions on the token itself to hold init and such.

Geeze what a pain.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Foo Dog
Giant

Post by Foo Dog »

RPTroll wrote:After much gnashing of teeth I can claim success at drawing a card and updating the init panel with the value. Now to code the rules of reshuffle on a joker+turn change, the two feats I know of that affect init and the init fuctions on the token itself to hold init and such.

Geeze what a pain.
Nice. Let me know when you want to take your new SW macros and campaign set up for a spin. It's unlawful to have a Savage Worlds game without me as a player or GM, you know (especially if it's pulpy!)! :D

Glad to see you're back and working on MapTool magic for SW.
Time Zone: Pacific (GMT-7)
* Running "Age of Might", 4E D&D, Tuesdays 6:30pm-10pm Pacific (GMT -7).
See the Age of Might Wiki for details.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I've got a doozy of a pulp setting now. :-)

Undead Rocketeer Nazis from Outer Space!!!!

Good seeing you again Foo. As soon as I get the macros rewritten I'll post in Looking for Group. It will be a bit due to holiday interference.

Crudeboy
Giant

Post by Crudeboy »

Undead Rocketeer Nazis from Outer Space!!!!
Sweet!
Nixon's Theorem:

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on."

Murgh Bpurn
Cave Troll

Post by Murgh Bpurn »

RPTroll wrote:After much gnashing of teeth I can claim success at drawing a card and updating the init panel with the value. Now to code the rules of reshuffle on a joker+turn change, the two feats I know of that affect init and the init fuctions on the token itself to hold init and such.

Geeze what a pain.
Nice to hear, looking forward to giving MT a spin with SW initiative built in :)

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

flynnkd wrote:I pinched a lot of this from RPTrolls stuff, so thanks for that.

This is a look at the various token switches. Unlike RPTrolls macros, which were stored on the token itself, I am using the latest version option that allows macros to target the selected icon, so all the macros are Global.

The campaign file for this is 12m:
http://www.austwiz.com/sw/maptool/SavageWorlds.cmpgn

The properties files:
http://www.austwiz.com/sw/maptool/SavageWorlds.mtprops

"http://www.austwiz.com/sw/maptool/Sava ... lobal.reg"
These links seem to be broken. Are they still available somewhere?
Kristian

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Not that I know of. Another contributer that went 'poof!'.

He's right that having all the macros on each token is not a great idea but it was all we had at the time. Maptool grows quickly.

I'm rewriting now to put them all on a Lib:SW token (I'm thinking the Smilin' Jack would be the image) and should have it done soon. I would like for us, as a group, to share macros so we have a fairly cohesive set to all us to steal each other stuff. :-)

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

RPTroll wrote:Not that I know of. Another contributer that went 'poof!'.

He's right that having all the macros on each token is not a great idea but it was all we had at the time. Maptool grows quickly.

I'm rewriting now to put them all on a Lib:SW token (I'm thinking the Smilin' Jack would be the image) and should have it done soon. I would like for us, as a group, to share macros so we have a fairly cohesive set to all us to steal each other stuff. :-)
I was thinking an image of a deck of cards with the smiling jack image. I'd get permission from Pinnacle to use the image and make it an semi-official SW resource.

I'd like to contribute more, but I don't know enough about macros, have to little time on my hands, and I'm still learning the Savage World rules myself.
Kristian

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”