MapTool 1.10.2 Available for Download

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

RPTroll
TheBard

MapTool 1.10.2 Available for Download

Post by RPTroll »

This is another bugfix release to handle issues with getImage and tblImage for webp images

Downloads: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/releases/tag/1.10.2
Change Log: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/blob ... NGE_LOG.md

See the previous release post for 1.10.0 features.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: MapTool 1.10.2 Available for Download

Post by Full Bleed »

I think these release announcements need to include notes to:

1) Backup and remove any resource or campaign files from the MapTool installation directories before uninstalling or installing a new version of MT.
2) Uninstall previous version of MT before installing new version.
3) And, until we get in-program boot preferences working, a link to how to manually edit the .cfg file. I know that there is a pin on Discord... and I think there is a post on the rptools.net site somewhere (but I don't know where.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

If people will read the page that RPTroll linked to, they see your first two points covered.

Since the D3D is turned off by default now, hopefully they don't need your third point at all. But if they go to the Startup tab in Preferences, it tells them where the config file is but not how to edit it. A general link to the wiki is probably the best way to handle this, since they'll want to know about the wiki anyway.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:42 pm
If people will read the page that RPTroll linked to, they see your first two points covered.
To be fair, there are bullet points, italics, "notes", and even a "strongly encouraged" suggestion mixed into highlights, bug fixes, changes, and platform notes.

A lot of that is the sort of thing that causes users to get glassy-eyed and scroll right down to the download.

It's not like what you're referring to is under a "Before you Install" headline (which is kind of what I think putting those issues into the announcement would serve as.)
Since the D3D is turned off by default now, hopefully they don't need your third point at all.
The d3d issue was the primary culprit, but I've informed a number of people on Discord (and a couple here) about manually setting the language as well... not to mention persistent desires to change the default memory settings (which are also less needed now that MT defaults to 25% of system.)
But if they go to the Startup tab in Preferences, it tells them where the config file is but not how to edit it.
Some might argue that the how part is every bit as important as the where. ;)
A general link to the wiki is probably the best way to handle this, since they'll want to know about the wiki anyway.
Is there version specific information regarding cfg editing on the wiki? I took a brief look for a page on cfg editing but didn't find it... which doesn't mean it's not there (it just means pointing users to the wiki and expecting it to be easily found might not be the best assumption.) I actually thought there was an article on rptools.net on cfg editing... but I can't find that right now either. Might have been for an earlier version though... (which may have recently changed.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Full Bleed wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:46 am
Is there version specific information regarding cfg editing on the wiki? I took a brief look for a page on cfg editing but didn't find it... which doesn't mean it's not there (it just means pointing users to the wiki and expecting it to be easily found might not be the best assumption.) I actually thought there was an article on rptools.net on cfg editing... but I can't find that right now either. Might have been for an earlier version though... (which may have recently changed.)
Check out the page for the Startup tab: https://wiki.rptools.info/index.php/Map ... tartup_Tab

In any case, if you want something to change, you should file a GitHub issue for it. :)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:59 am
Check out the page for the Startup tab: https://wiki.rptools.info/index.php/Map ... tartup_Tab
Well, there you go... that's exactly the type of direct link I was lobbying for.

Return to “Announcements”