MapTool 1.3 Development Build 61

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

LaserWolf
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 61

Post by LaserWolf »

Confirmed the disconnection issue today with b61. It was a different player this time, but the same symptoms. The player was having intermittent issues with his internet connection, and the connection finally dropped which caused the server to lock up (transfer status showing constant green; no updates to any players). He reported no applications open other than MT and Skype, and felt pretty sure that he was just having trouble with his internet connection. I did have a browser open server-side, but nothing exciting running (just Gmail and the D&D compendium). Upon trying to close MT I got the mysterious empty error windows and had to kill the application manually. Log showed an error closing the UPnP port, nothing else.

If there's anything I can do to help figure this out, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to run a server whenever it's convenient for you - my schedule is pretty flexible right now. I'll post a server for the next hour or so, under the name DiscoTest (no password). Feel free to hop on if you happen to be around. Skype name is bradymikep.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Just for a change of pace, I have a different odd behavior to report.

Played a 2.5 hour session with one connected player today. Everything went fabulous, until about halfway in, when my chat window stopped scrolling to show new text - I had to scroll down manually to see new info appended to the bottom.

I will see if this happens at our next game on Wednesday, but I suspect it may be a one-off glitch. However, if anyone else has seen it, there may be more to it than random cosmic-ray impacts.

However, in all other respects - b61 was golden. My player didn't have connection issues so I can't comment on the connection weirdness others are observing.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Rumble wrote:[...] when my chat window stopped scrolling to show new text - I had to scroll down manually to see new info appended to the bottom.
Silly question, but are you sure you didn't hit the "no autoscroll" button? It's the little double-balloon icon just below the color selector for the chat text on the right-hand side.

I have found that when I turn that on, then later turn it back off, the autoscroll never seems to work perfectly thereafter. It hasn't been a big thing, but I've found that I need to use the mouse and drag the thumbbar all the way to the bottom to get the chat window to autoscroll properly.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote:
Rumble wrote:[...] when my chat window stopped scrolling to show new text - I had to scroll down manually to see new info appended to the bottom.
Silly question, but are you sure you didn't hit the "no autoscroll" button? It's the little double-balloon icon just below the color selector for the chat text on the right-hand side.

I have found that when I turn that on, then later turn it back off, the autoscroll never seems to work perfectly thereafter. It hasn't been a big thing, but I've found that I need to use the mouse and drag the thumbbar all the way to the bottom to get the chat window to autoscroll properly.

I didn't know that double-balloon icon was a button at all (learn something new about MapTool every day). I am not sure I didn't hit it; that's probably what happened.

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

Experiencing odd behavior:

My players are unable to move their tokens and had trouble accessing the tokens. They had ownership and I even turned off strict token ownership. I even rebooted maptool and my comp. On occasion a player could move a token but a minute later they couldn't. We had this problem with .60 and .61. No problems prior.

It appeared that when a one player had a token selected or was attempting to move it another player could not move their token.

nortonweb
Cave Troll

Post by nortonweb »

We had this issue on Sunday with one user only (him being unable to move and getting an error every time he did) no one else did.

Its important to note this was my least tech savvy user by a very very long way. I have a feeling that its to do with him having left over mapTool files so have asked him to remove all traces of mapTool and install again clean. And by all I'm making sure his .asset is gone too.

I really think that will be it.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

LaserWolf wrote:Confirmed the disconnection issue today with b61. It was a different player this time, but the same symptoms. The player was having intermittent issues with his internet connection, and the connection finally dropped which caused the server to lock up (transfer status showing constant green; no updates to any players). He reported no applications open other than MT and Skype, and felt pretty sure that he was just having trouble with his internet connection. I did have a browser open server-side, but nothing exciting running (just Gmail and the D&D compendium). Upon trying to close MT I got the mysterious empty error windows and had to kill the application manually. Log showed an error closing the UPnP port, nothing else.

If there's anything I can do to help figure this out, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to run a server whenever it's convenient for you - my schedule is pretty flexible right now. I'll post a server for the next hour or so, under the name DiscoTest (no password). Feel free to hop on if you happen to be around. Skype name is bradymikep.
I had this problem too. I'm not really sure what happened but one minute everything was fine, the next people weren't receiving any updates anymore. I'd move tokens around and stuff but they didn't see any changes, and I don't think I could see theirs either. When I saved and quit to restart I also saw them empty error dialog.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Followup...

It happened again tonight. Suddenly nobody was getting updates from the server. I saved the session and disconnected the server, which causes the blank error message, after whihc you have to go to task manager and close your javaw.exe task to terminate the program. We restarted and it, and this time people connected but right away they didn't get any updates. Restarting a third time allowed us to finish our game.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

nortonweb wrote:We had this issue on Sunday with one user only (him being unable to move and getting an error every time he did) no one else did.

Its important to note this was my least tech savvy user by a very very long way. I have a feeling that its to do with him having left over mapTool files so have asked him to remove all traces of mapTool and install again clean. And by all I'm making sure his .asset is gone too.

I really think that will be it.
We are still using b59, but we experienced connection issues on Sun. night as well. I wonder if it was simply a 'net issue that evening, or some such.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I think the connection issue is due to some boot code I put in (shame on me). I'll pull it for b62
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

trevor wrote:I think the connection issue is due to some boot code I put in (shame on me). I'll pull it for b62
That makes me happy that we've got an idea why!

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

But wasn't that boot code put in for good reason? I'd hate to see it go entirely.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

plothos wrote:But wasn't that boot code put in for good reason? I'd hate to see it go entirely.
well, sort of. it had good intentions, but turned out to not solve the problem. I had put in code to "reap" dead links faster, but that seems to be causing deadlocks. I don't have the time to investigate, and don't want to delay 1.3, so since it doesn't affect anything not already broken, I'll just pull it.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

trevor wrote:t had good intentions, but turned out to not solve the problem.
Ah, then yeah, yank that crud. :D
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Very cool! 1.3 is pretty exceptional - I'm thrilled that it's ready for release!

Return to “Announcements”