MapTool 1.3 Development Build 63

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Big_Mac
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 63

Post by Big_Mac »

Yeah I IM'd him last week just to let him know that we miss him and check on his well being. He said the new job is very draining. Plus 4 kids is just tough, they suck what remaining energy you have left. I feel the same way at the end of most days.
--
Big Mac

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Rumble wrote:
jsharen wrote:Has anyone heard anything from Trevor? Starting to get a bit worried about him, his last visit to the boards was Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:50 pm.

Here's hoping all is well and he just needed a well deserved break.
I had an email from him maybe a week ago about working on something for MT. He mentioned - I hope I'm not talking out of school - that things were very close to being done (some language updates were pretty much it) on 1.3. He made no promises or projections, of course. I assume that real life just got in the way, as is its wont.
Same here. I submitted a patch for GM only aura's last week and he emailed me back within a few hours saying he would check it out in the code.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Guyon
Cave Troll

Post by Guyon »

You have got to remember that Trevor has committed himself to this project for so long. A week away should not make much of a stir. I am amazed he puts as much time in this project as he does and commend him for making a truly quality program.

Back on topic. 4 players on both Vista and XP have played three 4 hour games without any trouble at all.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

I'm glad to hear everything is good. I know I have two kids myself and a crazy job. I'm just glad to hear things are alright with him. I've been following maptools for years, and I just couldn't remember the last time I hadn't seen him around the boards for two months :)

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

Good, I was starting to worry too but thought it might seem pushy to start asking for status updates and such. Hope he gets some peace. Hell, it's not like we don't already have a robust functional tool to use... if he called it good today I find it hard to imagine anyone complaining.

Maccwar
Cave Troll

Post by Maccwar »

Benz72 wrote:if he called it good today I find it hard to imagine anyone complaining.
Palmer would be gutted though.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

Yeah, this version of MT is actually very very good. Really, the only thing I'd like to see is for chat autologging to be fully implemented.

syntruth
Giant

Post by syntruth »

I'd like to see my chat clean-up code make it in. (It basically div'd everything (not everything was being wrapped in div's sadly) with correct classes and id's to make parsing chat logs much easier. Nothing special, but it would be useful.)

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Very stable version indeed.
Still a few quirks in the french translation and I have error message on saving vs autosaving from time to time but nothing new.
ImageImageImageImage

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Maccwar wrote:
Benz72 wrote:if he called it good today I find it hard to imagine anyone complaining.
Palmer would be gutted though.
Lucky for me he committed to one more build to fix some translation issues :D

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

palmer wrote:Lucky for me he committed to one more build to fix some translation issues :D
Yeah... but the longer it takes for him to get back in the fold, the more tempting it is to just say "1.3 is done." I mean, any fixes he puts in now will likely need some weeks of testing before you can say it's done... and 1.3b63 has had months of testing and is probably less buggy than 1.2b32.

Heck, it might take the prospect of actually being able to work on something "fun" (like 1.4) to lure Trevor back into action. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Darinth
Dragon

Post by Darinth »

I'm actually really with Full Bleed. I'd really just like to see b63 declared as final. I'm worried we've kinda gotten caught up in our current state and it's slowing things down. Having it done, and declaring an official break for a bit and then being able to pick up with something more exciting I think would do a world of good.
Loyalty is not blind, and it cannot be forced. It is a sincere bond formed out of respect and gratitude.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

He's had a few patches sent to him, so my guess is he'll want those added before it calls 1.3 done. He's got jfrazier's GM-only aura patch, my bugfixes for importing macros not keeping tooltips and some fixes to JSON maro functions and localization in the SightTypes. I seem to recall there were one or two more...

teejaydub
Cave Troll

Post by teejaydub »

Y'know, that reminds me - I sent Trevor a patch for a trivial feature (Edit Map Properties) that I had done just because I needed it. Sent it via PM, and wasn't sure that was right but couldn't find his e-mail address. Now I realize I never heard back. Was that the wrong way to send it?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

He has stated here that a PM is just as good as an email, but yeah, I sometimes worry too when I don't hear back. It might be a good idea to send it again with a note that it had already been sent once before... Just in case.

Return to “Announcements”