MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 71 (DO NOT USE!)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 71 (DO NOT USE!)

Post by Azhrei »

Another build, this one is codenamed "no new features -- almost". ;)

Mostly bug fixes or code restructuring, except for the addition of owner-only auras. Campaigns created in b71 will not be readable in older versions.

Full list of changes is on the wiki, see the link in the lower right corner of the main page.

Edit: A severe bug has just come to light: campaigns saved in b71 are attempting to convert images to XML when saving them as binary data. This causes translations to occur that will NOT occur when these files are read back in again. I have removed b71 (both .zip and .dmg) from the main site and they should NOT be used as the campaign files will not be readable by any version of MapTool, including itself!

I will plan to have b72 out this weekend with a fix for this as well as the international character set problem. (This bug is related to the partial implementation of UTF-8 support for XML data.)

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 71

Post by Gringoire »

in 15 minuts will be available for download the DMG file, at this link.
La nuova Era - Sito italiano dedicato a MapTool e D&D 4th edition.
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Jade
Giant

Post by Jade »

Out of curiosity, why the move to Java 5?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Macintosh users, probably? I seem to recall that Apple's Java is lagging behind for several OS versions (it's current on the most current OS, but older ones are still on Java 5).

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Jade wrote:Out of curiosity, why the move to Java 5?
It really makes no difference. Maptool was not using anything special in java 6, so the move to java 5 will not result in performance losses to those who still run it with Java 6.

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

In the wiki changeLog
* Jfrazierjr - patch for queuing of chat notifications on-screen http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 90&start=0
Points to a thread about setTokenPortrait() and setTokenHandout(), no related to queuing of chat notifications on-screen, which is pretty cool, by the way.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

patoace wrote:In the wiki changeLog
* Jfrazierjr - patch for queuing of chat notifications on-screen http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 90&start=0
Points to a thread about setTokenPortrait() and setTokenHandout(), no related to queuing of chat notifications on-screen, which is pretty cool, by the way.
umm... err.. huh?

EDIT: NM... I think I figured it out.
patoace wrote: queuing of chat notifications on-screen, which is pretty cool, by the way.
Thank you. But most of the props go to Rumble for starting and getting the first phase done. I just "prettified" it a bit and added support for multiple typers which really was not that big a deal.
Last edited by jfrazierjr on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Heh, I must have copied the wrong link!

Usually when I see a patch posted here I copy the text and the link into my Notes file and that becomes what shows up in the ChangeLog. (Hmm, maybe I should put that same info into the comment field of the SVN commit?) In this case I must have grabbed the wrong link. That sometimes happens when I have patches emailed or PMed to me; usually I catch it but not this time. :)

Of course, it's on the wiki now so you can update the link yourself! ;)

@Gringoire: Thanks -- got it. :)

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Just a note: The main page hasn't been updated announcing the b71 was released.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yep, I know. But patoace found that his exported macros didn't import correctly (in a worse way) so I wasn't pushing everyone real hard to update to b71.

It looks like I'm going to be busy tomorrow but I'm going to try to rewrite that section of the code and get b72 out this weekend...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Bugfix Build 71 (DO NOT USE!)

Post by Azhrei »

*bump*

Read the first post again: DO NOT USE 1.3.b71 AT ALL!

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

feces... Do i have lose all changes made to my framework?????
Can i save tokens, propertyes and macro set?? To have them in other campaign??
Gringoire's FrameWork Il primo e unico FrameWork completamente italiano, sviluppato da un italiano.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I haven't done any extensive tests with the buggy b71 -- but the example campaign posted by another user shows that the PNG assets saved by b71 were broken. (It appears that certain bytes in the data are converted to multibyte UTF-8 sequences when saved and converting all such sequences back again when loading might corrupt the image.)

I believe the problem is just with binary data (JPEGs and PNGs) so exporting macros should work, but exporting tokens will cause the image to be screwed up. (Although the token could be loaded back in and the image reset manually via the Config tab of the token editor dialog.)

It should also be possible to unzip the campaign file, copy valid PNG files on top of the ones that were unzipped, then zip the campaign back up again. That should allow the campaign to load again in b71, but b71 has features that b70 does not support, so the campaign still won't load in b70.

In other words, don't use b71 at all. :roll:

Gringoire
Cave Troll

Post by Gringoire »

Azhrei wrote:I haven't done any extensive tests with the buggy b71 -- but the example campaign posted by another user shows that the PNG assets saved by b71 were broken. (It appears that certain bytes in the data are converted to multibyte UTF-8 sequences when saved and converting all such sequences back again when loading might corrupt the image.)

I believe the problem is just with binary data (JPEGs and PNGs) so exporting macros should work, but exporting tokens will cause the image to be screwed up. (Although the token could be loaded back in and the image reset manually via the Config tab of the token editor dialog.)

It should also be possible to unzip the campaign file, copy valid PNG files on top of the ones that were unzipped, then zip the campaign back up again. That should allow the campaign to load again in b71, but b71 has features that b70 does not support, so the campaign still won't load in b70.

In other words, don't use b71 at all. :roll:
Well i tried to recover my framework campaign in b70 and i had no problem with that. I saved token library, all macro sets, and for property panel i had to copy and paste all, but all works great.
Thanks for support.

Geneocide
Cave Troll

Post by Geneocide »

Man. I drew a huge map in Build 71. I suppose I'm just sorta screwed, huh? What's the bug that prevents playing the map in .b71? Maybe I could just play through the map and make all my new maps in other versions.

Return to “Announcements”