MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

JML
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

Post by JML »

Azhrei wrote:I've only got two bugs left to fix but one of them is kind of a stinker. :|
I'd feel a bit guilty if it was the square/hex movement I insisted on :oops: (May be not that guilty because it seems I was not the only one :wink: )

Azhrei wrote:I'm not going to do a b89 so "speak now or forever hold your peace". 8)
Which means you're soon going to have annoying 1.4 planning questions again :twisted:

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

JML wrote:
Azhrei wrote:I'm not going to do a b89 so "speak now or forever hold your peace". 8)
Which means you're soon going to have annoying 1.4 planning questions again :twisted:

Heh. Well, we've pretty much decided that the main thrust of 1.4 will be modularizing the code. There likely won't be much that's user visible in the beginning. And once that new code is in place then we can look at redoing the GUI and adding new features. That could be awhile.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

I hope to be realistic on this matter. I know it's more than a year that 1.4 thinking was made public and that 1.3 stands as final since this January :lol: … which all seems very natural to me (sadly I know almost nothing about Java and can't help :cry: ).

My point was "Hope is driving mankind" :wink: and any hint that things are advancing is going to keep this hope alive. Which means people will be happy with development signs, even if they don't have instant effects on their everyday's gaming. From this viewpoint, knowing that project planning decisions are made is good to me. Even better to know which ones. And I'll be glad when I'll hear that programming has started… even if that's "only" code rewriting.

All this to say "Thanks for the news Azhrei".

wolph42
Deity

Post by wolph42 »

one other thing, since its now or never. Not really a big issue for me as I've gotten pretty use to it by now, but for newbies it might be rather confusing:
The 'map does not display all tokens on start-up, but only after you zoomed in or out issue' is still active in b87. Is this something you're still planning to dive into?

DJuego
Cave Troll

Post by DJuego »

Wow. The last maptool 1.3 iteration... I believed the Gods forbid that my eyes would see it. Ugh! (cross the fingers)

I think the main introspective question is: Will Maptool-1.3b88 be the best available version? (:?) It should be an objective that may not be waived. Nobody should prefer to play a version previous to Maptool-1.3b88 with new and fresh campaigns

DJuego

P.S. I should admit that I do not play for 8 or 9 months. :(.

Specifically, I am concerned with some mails that claim that 1.3b87 is appreciably slower than previous versions without apparent or justified reason.

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

wolph42 wrote:The 'map does not display all tokens on start-up, but only after you zoomed in or out issue' is still active in b87. Is this something you're still planning to dive into?

Confirmed. Of course, this bug was fixed earlier somewhere, right around the time some other visual bugs had been fixed, if memory serves me correctly. Aach, the humanity! I certainly hope fixing this one would not reintroduce the massively worse "GM can't see Player View" bug that crept up after that one was fixed. I can, honestly, live with the current state of affairs quite well :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:The 'map does not display all tokens on start-up, but only after you zoomed in or out issue' is still active in b87. Is this something you're still planning to dive into?

AFAIK the bug is still there. Since you and Leo have both confirmed it, I would say it's "confirmed". :|

In the Developer Notes forum is a post of the open bugs I had on my list. A concurrency fix by username wasn't enough to completely squash this one, but AFAIK it hasn't been tracked down yet.

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

Since a zoom-out seems to force a redraw, might it be possible to simply zoom out a tiny bit on startup? It'd be a hack, but it would be quick, safe, and forgivable.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:AFAIK the bug is still there. Since you and Leo have both confirmed it, I would say it's "confirmed".

When this happens to me (after opening a campaign) it's only the lib.tokens that don't show up until after zoom.

This is really a pretty tiny issue though as the first thing I ever do when a campaign opens is zoom.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:I'm not going to do a b89 so "speak now or forever hold your peace".

Does this make sense?

Light Gray
Gray
Dark Gray
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Full Bleed wrote:Does this make sense?

Light Gray
Gray
Dark Gray

It does to the W3C as it's what they chose for HTML colors. You'll need to complain to them. :(

username
Dragon

Post by username »

FWIW: there is a reason for this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey -> Web colors

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:

Light Gray
Gray
Dark Gray

It does to the W3C as it's what they chose for HTML colors. You'll need to complain to them. :(

I know it adheres to the "web standard." I was just leading up to how MT does seem to make an exception with the color of the Halo's "Dark Gray" but not in the Macro Button "Dark Gray." While it may be web-color accurate it's kinda UI-stupid to keep Dark Gray lighter than Gray (at least where macro buttons are concerned.) ;)

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Full Bleed wrote:
Azhrei wrote:

Light Gray
Gray
Dark Gray

I know it adheres to the "web standard." I was just leading up to how MT does seem to make an exception with the color of the Halo's "Dark Gray" but not in the Macro Button "Dark Gray." While it may be web-color accurate it's kinda UI-stupid to keep Dark Gray lighter than Gray (at least where macro buttons are concerned.) ;)

Heh... yea... perhaps Az should just change the text string to "Really Dark Gray" or "Really Gray" and set an appropriate RBG value in the code in both places.... I doubt he is going to take that time to do that though....(but he might... it would only take a few minutes to do)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Full Bleed wrote:I know it adheres to the "web standard." I was just leading up to how MT does seem to make an exception with the color of the Halo's "Dark Gray" but not in the Macro Button "Dark Gray." While it may be web-color accurate it's kinda UI-stupid to keep Dark Gray lighter than Gray (at least where macro buttons are concerned.) ;)

Are you saying that the two are different? I've never noticed.

I thought I had added a single ColorNames table somewhere and had changed all the references to use that table. (You caught one mistake with Grean => Lime.) So if Dark Gray doesn't mean the same thing in both places, it should and that's a bug to be fixed.

However, it makes sense that the HTML frames use the same color set as the W3C standards. And it makes very little sense for the macro buttons themselves (which, incidentally, are colored by using HTML attributes) to use a different set.

Return to “Announcements”