Announcement: TokenTool 2.1 Released

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

RPTroll
TheBard

Announcement: TokenTool 2.1 Released

Post by RPTroll »

We’re on a roll! Hot off the GitHub assembly line is a new, bright and shiny TokenTool 2.1. Check out the announcement post for all the new functionality.

https://www.rptools.net/2019/03/tokentool-21-released/
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

bocotainin
Kobold

Re: Announcement: TokenTool 2.1 Released

Post by bocotainin »

How exactly do you launch the jar file in windows. I don't really want to have another 100m java install just for tokentool.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

This applies to MapTool 1.5+ and TokenTool 2.x+. I believe our resident bard has (or is planning to) write some posts for www.RPTools.net that cover this topic.

Java 10 is our base for all applications at this point. (You cannot use Java 11 as some components that we use were removed from Java 11. You will get errors if you try.)

From the command line, you can run java -Xss<#>m -Xmx<#>m -jar <filename>.jar run.

Replace pieces inside <> with the appropriate values. The -Xss param is stack size (the trailing m shown above is for "megabytes"), the -Xmx is maximum heap memory (ditto for the m), and <filename> is the pathname of the JAR file. TokenTool doesn't require much memory except when extracting images from PDFs, so there's no need to set memory parameters at all. (When processing PDFs, more memory allows more caching, which speeds up page transitions by a noticeable amount.)

Because you're specifying memory configuration on the command line manually, MapTool will grey out the Startup tab in Preferences.

Command line information for MapTool is on our wiki. A similar page for TokenTool has yet to be written.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

@bocotainin - You can download the installer version of TokenTool which has the parts of the Java JRE needed to run it.

Or you can use the .jar file and, yes, you will need to download JRE 10 to use it. This is for advanced users that have reasons to have a JDK/JRE installed.

Note TokenTool is normally fine running from the jar file just by double-clicking on it only if working with large images or PDFs will extra memory above the default be needed.

Ethan D.
Kobold

Post by Ethan D. »

I can't seem to get the card overlays to align with the portrait correctly. I'd try going for 700x1000 instead of 256x256 but for some reason the entire UI stretches out instead of just the overlay itself.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Next to the boxes you type the size into, there's an icon of a padlock. If you click on that (so it looks unlocked), it should let you type in different values. That appears to be what you're looking for when I play with it.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I had 2.0 installed and when I installed 2.1 it wouldn't run. I uninstalled both versions and resinstalled to get it to work. Just an FYI. I also noticed a couple of my custom borders made it in to the tool, huzzah! Here's my latest for a dragonlance campaign I'm about to run. This is actually a plate I found online and I tweaked it.
Attachments
dragonlance token border silver blue.png
dragonlance token border silver blue.png (136.16 KiB) Viewed 7530 times
dragonlance token border.png
dragonlance token border.png (139.48 KiB) Viewed 7531 times

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Very nice rings. Thanks!

Return to “Announcements”