Announcement: MapTool 1.5.4 Released

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

RPTroll
TheBard

Announcement: MapTool 1.5.4 Released

Post by RPTroll »

MapTool version 1.5.4 is available for download. Please see the release post for details.

Release Announcement for MapTool 1.5.4
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Announcement: MapTool 1.5.4 Released

Post by Full Bleed »

Thanks!

Going to throw caution to the wind and use this in tonight's game. :shock: I'm feeling dangerous... :twisted:

And special thanks to Merudo for absolutely killing it lately! Looking forward to seeing some of the other things you've got cooking.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Full Bleed wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:53 pm
And special thanks to Merudo for absolutely killing it lately! Looking forward to seeing some of the other things you've got cooking.
Thank you :) Btw @Phergus has been arguably even more helpful for this release.

I'm really looking forward to 1.5.5 too, hopefully the new jsonPath implementation for reading/modifying nested json will be in :). I know I will use it extensively for my framework.

Also the error messages should be more helpful, the old "Invalid number of parameters X, expected Y parameters" error will now tell you which function caused the error!

venger
Giant

Post by venger »

Thank you all for all the work in a great product.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

The default Maptool.cfg file is showing:
packager.java.version=10.0.1
Is that correct?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Full Bleed wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Code: Select all

Is that correct?
Yes.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Phergus wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm
Full Bleed wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Code: Select all

Is that correct?
Yes.
Is there some reason to not use 10.0.2?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

No particular reason. Goal is to move forward to Java 13 next build. We'll see how it goes.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Actually, one of the main blocks to upgrading to Java 13 is the removal of jpackage in Java 11+. We'll have to switch to a different packager.

Btw how did your 1.5.4 game go?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Merudo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:44 am
Btw how did your 1.5.4 game go?
I don't think any issue we had was related to 1.5.4, so that's good. :) But we didn't see any performance increases (just many of the same delays we've been experiencing since going to 1.5.)

Only thing new that I noticed for the first time is that when I double-clicked to open a lib token with a lot of properties (in the hundreds) there is a delay where the dialog comes up completely white while it seems to be loading in the props before it displays normally. However, when you use the context menu to Edit the token, the dialog displays immediately but is frozen for just as long as the white screen lasts the other way. And as it so happened, I had to go into that lib token a lot that night due to an unrelated issue... so the new 6-7 second delay each time was a minor annoyance (but not game breaking.) I did not notice that in earlier 1.5 versions.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

That's a rather unfortunate side-effect of the multi-line property support added to the Properties panel.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Phergus wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 pm
That's a rather unfortunate side-effect of the multi-line property support added to the Properties panel.
Any chance we can get some kind of preference option or per token toggle to disable that? When I'm working on a token with lots of properties it's quite annoying to wait 8+ seconds each time I open it. In the past tokens with lots of properties weren't a problem... now they are.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

I think it would be reasonable to add a "Multi-line" checkbox next to the "Wrap" checkbox in the token property view.

Return to “Announcements”