MapTool 1.3 Development Build 27

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 27

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote: NOTES:
* Still working through the issues with b25 and b26, but if I missed your specific bug, feel free to remind me, just in case
I mentioned this in B24:

1. When there are no PC's on the map, VBL in place, no FOW, and the GM moves NPC's, the players can see all movement activity during movement. Since there are no PC's on the map, there is no player vision so they should not be able to see PC's or NPC's - that part is working - until the GM moves a token - that is where it is broken and the PC's can now see the tokens moving about.

2. This was fixed in 1.2 but it has returned. When a GM moves NPC's on other side of VBL, the players can see the token labels moving about because the label crosses over the VBL This is even worse now since we can have extra labels in 1.3 so the chance of it happening is far greater even when a token is a couple cells away from a wall.

How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

wickederror
Kobold

Post by wickederror »

I don't know if this is a bug... I just started using maptools and I dig it, but I'm having trouble saving.

I have wiped out 3 or 4 maps because I kept on trying to save but to no avail.

Any advice?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

wickederror wrote:I don't know if this is a bug... I just started using maptools and I dig it, but I'm having trouble saving.

I have wiped out 3 or 4 maps because I kept on trying to save but to no avail.

Any advice?
I am able to save fine. What version of Java are you running?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

wickederror
Kobold

Post by wickederror »

1.6.0_05

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Are you getting an error, or does it say Campaign Saved but it's not ?

Are you trying to save over the existing file or saving to a new file ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Darigaaz
Cave Troll

Post by Darigaaz »

Darigaaz wrote:Is there a problem with portraits? Because I cant see any when I assign them to tokens.

EDIT: Seems like this only happens with PCs. I have no problem seeing NPC's portraits.
Um... Hello? Is this happening only to me?

UPDATE: Well, I checked again. This only happens to me when I load campaigns made in older versions of Maptool.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Darigaaz wrote:UPDATE: Well, I checked again. This only happens to me when I load campaigns made in older versions of Maptool.
Good info!

I'll see if I can't check sometime later this week when I'm at home and can use MT

wickederror
Kobold

Post by wickederror »

No, I'm not getting an error message...what is happening is nothing. I try to save, either new or or save over, and nothing happens. The box that says "game saved" won't pop up.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Darigaaz wrote:
Darigaaz wrote:Is there a problem with portraits? Because I cant see any when I assign them to tokens.

EDIT: Seems like this only happens with PCs. I have no problem seeing NPC's portraits.
Um... Hello? Is this happening only to me?

UPDATE: Well, I checked again. This only happens to me when I load campaigns made in older versions of Maptool.
I'm having this problem as well. It is also with an older campaign file.

trevor

Post by trevor »

wickederror wrote:No, I'm not getting an error message...what is happening is nothing. I try to save, either new or or save over, and nothing happens. The box that says "game saved" won't pop up.
Hmmm, sounds like an error is happening in the background. Are you using the webstart or zip version ? Let's check the Java console and see if there's anything there. If you know what that means, let me know what you find, if not, let me know which method you are using to start and I'll walk you through it.

trevor

Post by trevor »

UPDATE:

I checked in two critical fixes last night and am letting it be internally tested then I'll make a build.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:I checked in two critical fixes last night and am letting it be internally tested then I'll make a build.
Internal tests found another game stopping critical bug. I sent it to you Trevor for review.

trevor

Post by trevor »

working on it

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Has the table bug in b26 been fixed? I was going to sit down and put together some pretty complicated crit and fumble tables and it took me about 2 seconds to run into the issue, making the table useless.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to make it so that when a value from table A calls table B that the image assigned to the result from table A still be displayed before printing out the result from table B. Right now, if a result from A calls to B, only the result from B is printed.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

If A always calls B, why not just put the image in B? Wouldn't that give the same result?
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Announcements”