MapTool 1.3 Development Build 37

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote: Odd thing is that the buttons all work fine as long as the session is going.
Just when you relaunched they were hosed ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:The label and the command both. It did this another half-dozen times with other buttons as well.

Odd thing is that the buttons all work fine as long as the session is going.
What steps are you taking to create the new button ? I don't know that code very well, but if you let me know the steps I can debug it.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

trevor wrote:
Phergus wrote: Odd thing is that the buttons all work fine as long as the session is going.
Just when you relaunched they were hosed ?
Yes.
trevor wrote:What steps are you taking to create the new button ? I don't know that code very well, but if you let me know the steps I can debug it.
Pretty straightforward.

Create first button.
* Right-click/New
* Rick-click/Edit
* Enter macro, change label, change color, save.

Create second from first
* Right-click/Duplicate
* Rick-click/Edit
* Change macro, change label, save.

Create third from second
* Right-click/Duplicate
* Rick-click/Edit

And so on. Along with the one posted above I also did 14 goto buttons. Some were preserved and some weren't. No pattern that I could see as they all were done the same way. Duplicate previous button to get the next.

On a previous campaign save, 12 of 14 were preserved but the next save kept only the very first one.

raymondm
Kobold

Anyone else have this bugg ?

Post by raymondm »

When my players Roll Initiative or add hps after healing the character stats dont update.

Example:

I calculte the MaxHp :
MaxHp : {(ClassHP+Constitution)+(ClassHpLevel*Level)+Toughness}

when a player heal using this :
<span>[HealingGained = ChangeHP][HP = min((max(HP,0)) +HealingGained,MaxHP)][state.Dying = 1 - max(0,min(1,HP))][state.Bloodied = 1 - max(0, min(1,HP - Bloodied))]</span> <b>[HealingGained]!</b>

The HP property dont get updated ? same happens for Initiative and other properties i whant to update during gameplay.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Phergus wrote:The label and the command both. It did this another half-dozen times with other buttons as well.

It isn't really odd because the UI part of the buttons is seperate from their data which is kept in campaign itself. UI will always work but apparently saving has problems.
Phergus wrote:And so on. Along with the one posted above I also did 14 goto buttons. Some were preserved and some weren't. No pattern that I could see as they all were done the same way. Duplicate previous button to get the next.

On a previous campaign save, 12 of 14 were preserved but the next save kept only the very first one.
I probably forgot creating new instances of button data on duplication :|. So it only copies the reference to duplicated data.

Let me guess: If you create 1 button from scratch and duplicate it n times and then save, when you reload the campaign you end up with only 1. If you create 2 from scratch and duplicate them you end up with 2. Correct?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Anyone else have this bugg ?

Post by jfrazierjr »

raymondm wrote:When my players Roll Initiative or add hps after healing the character stats dont update.

Example:

I calculte the MaxHp :

<span>[HealingGained = ChangeHP][HP = min((max(HP,0)) +HealingGained,MaxHP)][state.Dying = 1 - max(0,min(1,HP))][state.Bloodied = 1 - max(0, min(1,HP - Bloodied))]</span> <b>[HealingGained]!</b>

The HP property dont get updated ? same happens for Initiative and other properties i whant to update during gameplay.
I have no problem with the above and have used the healing macro (or some variation in 2 games so far.

Here is a dumb question, what version of maptool are you (and/or the players if THEY are the ones running the macro) using? Whoever is running the macro must be using b35 or higher (I think thats the release where the setting of token properties came out).
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Ryss wrote:

It isn't really odd because the UI part of the buttons is seperate from their data which is kept in campaign itself. UI will always work but apparently saving has problems.
I was referring to the fact that the macros worked correctly and each one does something unique even though they were copied from each other.
Ryss wrote:I probably forgot creating new instances of button data on duplication :|. So it only copies the reference to duplicated data.
That's what I expect is happening, yes.
Ryss wrote:Let me guess: If you create 1 button from scratch and duplicate it n times and then save, when you reload the campaign you end up with only 1. If you create 2 from scratch and duplicate them you end up with 2. Correct?
More or less. When I create one and duplicate it to create the second, then create the third from the second and the fourth from the third ... and then saved, it lost the second and the last one created.

If I do it as you say, it works as you say.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

raymondm wrote:When my players Roll Initiative or add hps after healing the character stats dont update.

Example:

I calculte the MaxHp :

I am unable to recreate this bug. All my float overs update immediatly upon running macros.

Phergus wrote:Pretty straightforward.

Create first button.
* Right-click/New
* Rick-click/Edit
* Enter macro, change label, change color, save.

Create second from first
* Right-click/Duplicate
* Rick-click/Edit

Create third from second
* Right-click/Duplicate
* Rick-click/Edit
I am unable to recreate this bug on the global panel. I created a total of 7 buttons, changing the label and the contents slightly from one button to the next. Duplicated 1 to make 2, 2, to make 3, etc, etc. Using Windows XP btw. So it's some kinda weirdness with *just* the campaign panel. I saved my campaign before exiting though, so don't know if that did anything (which I don't guess it should on the global).

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

UntoldGlory wrote:I am unable to recreate this bug on the global panel. I created a total of 7 buttons, changing the label and the contents slightly from one button to the next.
Yeah. It's just the Campaign panel. The Global panel is probably still the same code that has always been there for macro buttons.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I just thought that the campaign panel was exactly like the global panel, except it saved to a specific campaign.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

I assume with all of these macro issues that vision and lighting is on the backburner again. :(

I'm not big on Macro use, although it seems interesting, but it seems to be what has absorbed all of the work on the last two builds.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Amaril, Trevor isn't working on the macro's nearly as much as Ryss is. Ryss doesn't have anything to do with the lighting problems.

kat2cute
Dragon

Post by kat2cute »

Example:

I calculte the MaxHp :

Another thing to check (after the fact you are using one of the 3 latest versions of maptool) that messes up this sort of macro, is to make sure to remember to load in your campaign properties that include MaxHP and all the appropriate stats. Even if my saved tokens had been previously given values in MaxHP, TempHP, etc, if I forget to import the campaign properties file that includes them, the macro doesn't work. It runs fine, but doesn't update HP (or whatever you were trying to update). So was this your problem (forgetting to import campaign properties while testing)?
Quote from an underwater D&D fight:
Alright fighter, it's your turn. What do you do?
Fighter: What do you think I do? I FAIL MY F**KING SWIM CHECK

raymondm
Kobold

Post by raymondm »

jfrazierjr wrote: Here is a dumb question, what version of maptool are you (and/or the players if THEY are the ones running the macro) using? Whoever is running the macro must be using b35 or higher (I think thats the release where the setting of token properties came out).
We are all using build 37

n3phrit
Cave Troll

Post by n3phrit »

trevor, pls what about my reply from Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:33 pm?
am I doing something wrong?

thanks for answer.

Return to “Announcements”