Character Tool Development Release Build 10

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

Character Tool Development Release Build 10

Post by jay »

Build 10 of Character Tool is ready for download. This build has lots of bug fixes and small enhancements to existing functionality.

It also upgrades to the latest version of the parser and dicelib. This means that the logical operators (<, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, &&, || !) are now supported. However the addition of the true and false keywords breaks the true() and false() functions in CT & IT You should use the TRUE() & FALSE() functions instead. Also, the true & false keywords do not work with CT or IT so they must not be used. Hopefully I can work something out with giliath to remove this restriction, but for now you shouldn't use these keywords. I've fixed the supported game files, but if anybody has created their own or modified an existing game settings file they will need to make this change as well.

Here's the change log:
  • Support for list change event scripts.
  • Fixed extension bug on properties w/in property sets.
  • Fixed persistence bug for characters
  • Bug fixes for list script bindings
  • New property Utils functions to get and remove items in a list.
  • New CharSheetCheckBox component
  • CharSheetTable's can get their header data directly from the table and not the data.
  • D&D 4e feats, support for powers from equipment, races & feats
  • Upgraded to the latest dicelib and parser. Now &&, ||, <, <=, >, >=, ==, !=, ! are supported. The true & false keywords ARE NOT SUPPORTED.
  • The true() & false() functions are no longer supported. Use TRUE() & FALSE() instead.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Excellent. Good work.
I cast firecube! ~4E

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

Does this have a sheet for 4E? Or, do I have to create one?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Sepp wrote:Does this have a sheet for 4E? Or, do I have to create one?
It's not finished yet... still being worked on and probably will be for at least several more weeks.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

jfrazierjr wrote:
Sepp wrote:Does this have a sheet for 4E? Or, do I have to create one?
It's not finished yet... still being worked on and probably will be for at least several more weeks.
Oh, I see.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The 4e file isn't ready yet, but if you would like to take a look at what Fobbo, his team, and I have got done so far you can download it from the gallery. All of the fighter an rogue powers are in, all of the equipment and slotted magic items are also entered. There are only mundane weapons and armor entered. Almost none of the feats have been entered. Take a look and tell me what's still needed.

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

jay wrote:The 4e file isn't ready yet, but if you would like to take a look at what Fobbo, his team, and I have got done so far you can download it from the gallery. All of the fighter an rogue powers are in, all of the equipment and slotted magic items are also entered. There are only mundane weapons and armor entered. Almost none of the feats have been entered. Take a look and tell me what's still needed.
I was just asking because the first post said 4E feats, powers, and so on. But I'll take a look at that link

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

Some things that may or may not be known.

Saving throw always returns the message "saved against dying" I think saving throw should only show this message when the 'dying' box is checked, and be used for the save against ongoing effects the rest of the time. I didn't see another saving throw button for ongoing effects, so if I missed it, I apologize.

There is an issue with the Off hand weapon and proficiencies, it always assumes you are proficient, where as main hand checks.

The dying box does not trigger when reaching 0 or -1, however the bloodied box does trigger when it should.

It looks really great, if I new how to code I would offer to help. Hope this helps, though.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Sepp wrote:Saving throw always returns the message "saved against dying" I think saving throw should only show this message when the 'dying' box is checked, and be used for the save against ongoing effects the rest of the time. I didn't see another saving throw button for ongoing effects, so if I missed it, I apologize.
I've not added a way to implement ongoing effects yet. When I do I'll add a saving throw for all of them.
Sepp wrote:There is an issue with the Off hand weapon and proficiencies, it always assumes you are proficient, where as main hand checks.

The dying box does not trigger when reaching 0 or -1, however the bloodied box does trigger when it should.
I'll take a look at these when I get back into town. Thanks for the testing!

Return to “Announcements”