MapTool 1.3 Development Build 40

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

RPMiller wrote:
brad wrote:
Jay wrote:I added support for this last night. There is now an option on the drop down menu to just show players in the initiative list.
Awesome! That covers the problem of players being able to see NPCs that they can't see. Thanks again Jay! You are being super quick on the modifications. You are making me get all excited about the next build. I think I will finally have to make my players upgrade from b35.
Will that be for tonight's game? :wink: :lol:
I don't think b41 will be out by then. :lol:
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

For all of the programmers in this crazy group. Is there any current languages that are case sensitive? I can not think of any.
--
Big Mac

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Amaril wrote:Ok we just have different GMing styles. I skip combatants that aren't in the scene. If they are out of the player's immediate environment, it doesn't matter what they are doing; the players will never know the difference nor would they even care.

Yes, I do have a lot of tokens. For example, the Serpentcoil Mines map in The Burning Plague, which I'm currently running, has a total of 36 combatants, not including the PCs and their pets/summoned creatures. And that's a relatively small dungeon crawl.
I get you. Probably the difference between fantasy and modern genre as well.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

kat2cute wrote:I think Default token properties need to show up in the token's right-click properties window. Otherwise people will assume the defaults didn't work and type over the top of them when they didn't need to (I know I did). I don't think a default value would really need to have any special indication that it is indeed a default value, as long as they don't keep overwriting later typed-in values. But I definitely vote for default values showing up in the token properties window.
Ditto. I use some formulas and functions for custom properties:
  • DexMod = floor(Dexterity/2-5)
  • InitMod = DexMod [+bonus number if applicable]
  • MaxHP = HitDie + ConMod*Level

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

brad wrote:
RPMiller wrote:Will that be for tonight's game? :wink: :lol:
I don't think b41 will be out by then. :lol:
Shush! We don't want to jinx the possibility that this thread alone will drive trevor to "Do it! Do it now!" :lol:

ImageImage

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

RPMiller wrote:
Amaril wrote:Ok we just have different GMing styles. I skip combatants that aren't in the scene. If they are out of the player's immediate environment, it doesn't matter what they are doing; the players will never know the difference nor would they even care.

Yes, I do have a lot of tokens. For example, the Serpentcoil Mines map in The Burning Plague, which I'm currently running, has a total of 36 combatants, not including the PCs and their pets/summoned creatures. And that's a relatively small dungeon crawl.
I get you. Probably the difference between fantasy and modern genre as well.
Yeah, even small dungeon crawls don't happen all that often in the modern genres. They are a staple of the fantasy genre though! Just got through with a crawl through a vampire queen/sorceress castle in my other group. Fun stuff.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Naryt
Dragon

Post by Naryt »

Big_Mac wrote:For all of the programmers in this crazy group. Is there any current languages that are case sensitive? I can not think of any.
Honestly, I can't think of any. Insensitivity helps avoid

X=foo
x=bar

X^2 = x * x = program comes to a grinding halt and the machinery begins eating people.

[sigh]Why am I shoveling ammo to the a = A camp? :lol:
A wandering lost soul

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Amaril wrote:Yes, I do have a lot of tokens. For example, the Serpentcoil Mines map in The Burning Plague, which I'm currently running, has a total of 36 combatants, not including the PCs and their pets/summoned creatures. And that's a relatively small dungeon crawl.
That's it? Heh, I ran a dungeon crawl that had eight plus combatants in each encounter and had over ten encounters in the entire dungeon, plus a massive battle with npc allies and foes in a huge room at the end. Initiative was painful for that fight.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Naryt wrote:
Big_Mac wrote:For all of the programmers in this crazy group. Is there any current languages that are case sensitive? I can not think of any.
Honestly, I can't think of any. Insensitivity helps avoid

X=foo
x=bar

X^2 = x * x = program comes to a grinding halt and the machinery begins eating people.

[sigh]Why am I shoveling ammo to the a = A camp? :lol:
Interesting article:

http://www.tonymarston.co.uk/php-mysql/ ... -evil.html

ImageImage

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Regardless of whether or not there are languages that are case sensitive or not, it's just good coding to not use things like X = x

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

The ones that are not..
Most implementations of Basic
Pascal

um, um
SQL if you consider that a language...
I am sure there are more but its a minority, infact the list of languages that derives special meaning from variables based on their case is probably larger.

Edit I read it wrong (must be time for sleep)
The above list is for case insensitive languages
Most current languages are case sensitive

and COBOL while not current is just an insensitive language full stop

Hmm maybe we should implement macros in COBOL (I am sure some one is silly enough to of written a java based interpreter for it)

Here is my macro for setting bloodied property

Code: Select all

IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
       PROGRAM-ID. SET-BLOODIED.
       ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.        
       DATA DIVISION.
       PROCEDURE DIVISION.
       FILE CONTROL
            SELECT  TOKEN-PROP FROM "token" 
               ORGANIZATION IS INDEXED
               ACCESS MODE IS DYANAMIC
               RECORD KEY IS PROPERTY-NAME.
       FILE SECTION.
            01  PROPERTY-NAME     PIC x(255)
            01  PROPERTY-VALUE    PIX x(255)
       MAIN-LINE.
               READ TOKEN-PROP.
               DIVIDE MAX-HP BY 2 GIVING BLOODIED.
               STOP RUN.
Well I guess that removes any doubt about it being time for sleep :)
Last edited by Craig on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

It appears that C# is case sensitive...

ImageImage

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Craig wrote:
Most implementations of Basic
Pascal

um, um
SQL if you consider that a language...
I am sure there are more but its a minority, infact the list of languages that derives special meaning from variables based on their case is probably larger.
SQL is not case sensitive I live in it everyday.

I would not consider Basic or Pascal Current. I programmed in both in the 80's
--
Big Mac

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Aria wrote:
Amaril wrote:Yes, I do have a lot of tokens. For example, the Serpentcoil Mines map in The Burning Plague, which I'm currently running, has a total of 36 combatants, not including the PCs and their pets/summoned creatures. And that's a relatively small dungeon crawl.
That's it? Heh, I ran a dungeon crawl that had eight plus combatants in each encounter and had over ten encounters in the entire dungeon, plus a massive battle with npc allies and foes in a huge room at the end. Initiative was painful for that fight.
As I said, it's a small dungeon crawl. It only has 4 (potentially 5) combat encounters. It's one of the first free adventures (if not the first) WotC had published on its web site.

Now when I ran Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil...

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Big_Mac wrote:SQL is not case sensitive I live in it everyday.
Unless some ID.10.T installs the server with case sensitive collation on... :evil: Sorry, I had to deal with someone that did that once... it wasn't pretty.

ImageImage

Return to “Announcements”