MapTool 1.3 Development Build 41

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Mixtr
Kobold

Post by Mixtr »

almagest wrote:Mixtr, what chipset does your card use? My laptop runs an old Mobility FireGL 9000, and Maptool runs fine. A friend of mine has a much newer card (forget the chipset), and Maptool runs fine as well. Both of these machines use Compiz Fusion and Java 6.
It's an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. The behavior also happens once in a while when I close MT and the window asking me if I want to save appears. I have the frame but no text and buttons. Luckily I have a habit of savig before closing.
--mixtr

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Slight parsing bug.

Post by Orchard »

This is my code:

Code: Select all

[BaseDmg =(Dmg1+Str1.5+InsightDmg+MiscDmg+Weap)*RHit] 
This is my bug (chat window output, as shown, not from the save):

0 25 8 23 31 1 0 4 27 1 0 net/rptools/maptool/client/image/smiley/emfrown.png'>Dmg1+Str1.5+InsightDmg+MiscDmg+Weap)*RHit =
It's obviously parsing the =( as a smiley. Which is bad.

Writing the code as:

[BaseDmg = (Dmg1+Str1.5+InsightDmg+MiscDmg+Weap)*RHit] 
fixes the problem, but the smiley parser shouldn't be even trying at that point.... Or something. Just a bug-report.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Smilies are evil and should be exterminated. :twisted:

Does it still do that behavior when you turn off smilies?
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Mr. Pokeylope
Giant

Re: Slight parsing bug.

Post by Mr. Pokeylope »

Orchard wrote:It's obviously parsing the =( as a smiley. Which is bad.
This is fixed in b42.

almagest
Kobold

Post by almagest »

Mixtr wrote:It's an ATI Mobility Radeon X300. The behavior also happens once in a while when I close MT and the window asking me if I want to save appears. I have the frame but no text and buttons. Luckily I have a habit of savig before closing.
Not sure how much you've looked into it already, or even if you want to, but http://lifein0and1.com/2008/05/05/fixed ... ardy-heron should be helpful, even if you don't want to use Compiz.

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

I think in my last session I noticed that some properties didn't display in the mouse-over portrait thing that appears in the lower left corner of the screen. I made that with someone's expanded properties for 4e.

I wouldn't see HPs or AC, for example. Or one of the three Notes.

demonnic
Cave Troll

Post by demonnic »

The frame but no fill is an error I've noticed a few times from other java apps here recently (name PCGen at the moment). I'm using Java 1.6 with an intenl 2.0ghz dual core on a newer nvidia card, and I've turned off all the fancy effects in gnome. Using Ubuntu 8.04 with the latest upgrades (including the stuff which is classified as 'proposed')

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I haven't read through this entire thread, so please forgive if this has been mentioned.

Until today I was still using b34, and when that came out I reported that it no longer remembered which map you were last viewing and the position and zoom level, as it did a couple versions prior.

At that time also I had made a request for Mt to remember if the grid was on or off, and if coordinates were on or off. They don't seem to be there either ;) Any idea when these might get in there?

Thanks!
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Forgot to mention. Would still be nice to have a cursor change when the campaign is saving, exporting screenshots, etc, so one knows something is happening. :D
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Steel Rat wrote:Forgot to mention. Would still be nice to have a cursor change when the campaign is saving, exporting screenshots, etc, so one knows something is happening. :D
And when you:

1) Grab something (Map, token, object, etc.)

2) Are adding/subtracting FoW and Topology.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Full Bleed wrote:
Steel Rat wrote:Forgot to mention. Would still be nice to have a cursor change when the campaign is saving, exporting screenshots, etc, so one knows something is happening. :D
And when you:

1) Grab something (Map, token, object, etc.)

2) Are adding/subtracting FoW and Topology.
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

While playing last night we the server crashed because the host lost his connection. This was not a big deal because the system saved our state which was fantastic. The problem was that the init panel wasn't saved as well.

We were able to recreate the init panel from the chat window rolls, but I wonder can the init panel be added to the autosave components?
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Possible bug using Init panel.

Init Order
Player 1
Goblin 1
Player 2
Goblin 2
Goblin 3

I'm GM. Player 2 went, and killed Goblin 2.

I hit Next, and the checkmark advanced to Goblin 2.

Noticing that it was dead, I used Right-Click, remove token to get rid of it.

This bounced the checkmark back up to Player 2. This also hit chat with "Player 2 has received initiative" again... minor annoyance but no biggie.

However, this action seemed to glitch the init panels for remote players.

The check became stuck on Goblin 2.

Any amount of me clicking Next did not update their displays. Also, Goblin 2 never left their display despite being removed.

On my GM display, everything worked as expected. However, at least 2 players reported the above behaviour... I didn't think to ask the other two. As one player was local, I was able to physically observe this on their laptop.

I have not yet recreated this problem... my computer is kind of low end, and trying to run multiple clients and a server would be too much for it.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

palmer wrote:Possible bug using Init panel.

Init Order
Player 1
Goblin 1
Player 2
Goblin 2
Goblin 3

Clarification: Did you rightclick the token on the MAP and delete it OR did you right click on the token in the Init panel and REMOVE?

If the latter, dont do that. Will break every time. I "think" Jay has a fix for this, but am not 100% sure. If ti's the former, I don't know.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

palmer wrote:Possible bug using Init panel.

Init Order
Player 1
Goblin 1
Player 2
Goblin 2
Goblin 3

This bounced the checkmark back up to Player 2. This also hit chat with "Player 2 has received initiative" again... minor annoyance but no biggie.

However, this action seemed to glitch the init panels for remote players.

The check became stuck on Goblin 2.

Any amount of me clicking Next did not update their displays. Also, Goblin 2 never left their display despite being removed.

On my GM display, everything worked as expected. However, at least 2 players reported the above behaviour... I didn't think to ask the other two. As one player was local, I was able to physically observe this on their laptop.

I have not yet recreated this problem... my computer is kind of low end, and trying to run multiple clients and a server would be too much for it.
I took a look at this and I wasn't able to recreate it. I tried removing the token from initiative using the right click menu, the menu beside the next button and deleting the token from the map. The remote player worked as expected in all of these cases. So I'm guessing I've already fixed it in the latest code. Be sure to check this again when b42 comes out.

Return to “Announcements”