MapTool 1.3 Development Build 41

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

Am I missing something with the [] command? I mouse over the output and get nothing.

hennebeck
Dragon

Post by hennebeck »

/me readies for combat! [H: addToInitiative()][P:token.init=(1d20+InitBonus)]

* A_Default_Monster 69 readies for combat! 7

So, that's the macro I use. And it works.
Except I want to see the formula in the mouse over.
So I tried all the variables.

[P: gives me the above.

[H: works like it's supposed to and hides the number.

[E: gives me this...
A_Default_Monster 69 readies for combat! « token.init :( 1d20+InitBonus) = token.init = (18 + 0) = 18 »

[T: gives me this...
* A_Default_Monster 69 readies for combat! net/rptools/maptool/client/image/smiley/emfrown.png'>1d20+InitBonus) = token.init = (8 + 0) »'>8

[ gives me this...
* A_Default_Monster 69 readies for combat! net/rptools/maptool/client/image/smiley/emfrown.png'>1d20+InitBonus) = token.init = (13 + 0) »'>13

I think this is what's been being talked about but I wanted to make sure I helped.

knizia.fan
Giant

Post by knizia.fan »

hennebeck, could you try that again with a space in between the = and the ( in your second equation? If that fixes it, then Mr. Pokeylope is working on a solution to the problem. If not, it would be good to know that something else is going on. Thanks.

knizia.fan
Giant

Post by knizia.fan »

nwelte1 wrote:Am I missing something with the [] command? I mouse over the output and get nothing.
Hm, it's working for me. When you type something like [1d20], do you see the result with a gray background behind the number?

You'll have to pause for a second when you mouse over the number (tooltips have a short delay), and the MapTool window has to be active.

hennebeck
Dragon

Post by hennebeck »

@ knizia.fan

Perfect. That does it.
It's the smileybug!

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

Bug:

In changing to a new, shorter range light scource, the token kept the old values. The new light scource was created manually just before the change.
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote:Trevor, did you patch your patch of the patch I sent you to add default properties so that they show up when you open a token's edit window?
Oops, it was hiding. I've got it lined up now
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jespley
Cave Troll

Re: Bug report

Post by jespley »

jay wrote:
jespley wrote:Bug report:
-Add a token (a PC in my case but I don't think it matters) to the initiative panel.
-right click on that token.
-remove token.
-The initiative window is now screwed up.

Thanks for all the work everyone! Maptool rocks.
I can't get this to do anything wrong. I tried right clicking the token on the map and on the init panel and both seem to work correctly. This is something that was broke in b40, could you check the version (Help->About) and make sure you didn't execute the older version by accident?
Huh. I used the webstart so I'm definitely on b41 (and I doublechecked via the About function just now). However, I am using a campaign created in part in b40. When I start from scratch, I get no problems as you and Full Bleed noted. However, if I use my old campaign (which had an initiative window open when it loads) then the initiative window has trouble closing, won't reopen when rechecked, etc. (aka "screwed up").

If I clear all the tokens out of the initiative window in my old campaign and then reload them, I don't get the problem. This works as a work around and the bug obviously won't continue forward, so I'd say it's not worth any more effort.

Thanks for the great work!
Jared

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Chiming in with the kudos... everything really is quite wonderful!

Possible bug report:

I loaded a small campaign file and added 4 new health states (to play around with the fun sword health bar). Then I loaded a different campaign. This newly loaded campaign does not have the 4 states I had just added to the first campaign. But when I open up a token and look at the state checkboxes available to it, I see the states that I added for the previously loaded campaign. These states are NOT there when I Edit the campaign states.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Saved tokens save EVERYTHING that was active when they were saved and everything they had previous in a save. This is the same with properties, states, etc. This is considered a feature by many people, though I won't say that I agree..
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Known bug in the Edit Token dialog.

The Edit Token dialog is created & initialized once and after that point it doesn't pick up any new states that are added or deleted.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 41

Post by Taragnor »

trevor wrote: * Added ability for GM to allow owners of tokens to execute add/remove/next on their tokens only
Where is this option?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

It is in the dropdown menu to the right of the Next button. It's called Owner Permissions.

eslaf
Kobold

Post by eslaf »

I am having problem with the distances reported when using Drawing Tool - Draw Straight Lines. Using the default grid (distance per cell 5, pixels per cell 50) drawing a line with snap to grid between two grid points

Code: Select all

+-b-+ 
| | |	
e-a-c
| | |
+-d-+
reports distances ab = 6.5, ac = 5.2, ad = 3.5, and ae = 5.2. The problem seems to be caused by the adjustment of -15 to the y coordinate of ep in net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.drawing.AbstractLineTool.paintOverlay.

Distances using any of the other drawing tools are correct. Its only when drawing straight lines when the distances are wrong.

FYI I'm running maptool using java 1.6.0_07 under linux (gentoo).

BTW I reported this a a bug MT-311 but I have't been able to access the tracker site for several days so cannot tell if anyone has made any comments about it.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

That's curious. I wonder when that broke.

Return to “Announcements”