MapTool 1.3 Development Build 41

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Full Bleed wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:Then how about go the other end and have a dummy token with a huge init value that stays at the top, at least in the mean time.

Good call.

And I have the perfect token:

:shock:

BTW, I know you said you ignore D&D threads, so what game(s) do you generally play?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I went to the Campaign Macro Tab where I had one macro created. I Duplicated that macro. I edited the duplicate. The contents of both macros became the contents of the one I edited.

Mr. Pokeylope
Giant

Post by Mr. Pokeylope »

RPTroll wrote:There also seems to be an issue with quotes in the new [] syntax. In most cases I gave up and went back to the {} but in the case of a damage macro I would really like to make use of the tooltip verification.

Yeah, this will be fixed in the next build.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

jfrazierjr wrote:BTW, I know you said you ignore D&D threads, so what game(s) do you generally play?

I generally don't read the 4E threads anymore. I mainly play a hybrid 1st Edition AD&D/3-3.5e D&D game. I actually lament that 4E came out when it did as I can only imagine all the love you macro masters would have created for the 3.5e game given the power of the new macro code and functions.

I actually saw all those D&D cartoon when they were first run... can't say I cared much for them even back then, but now it's nostalgic. ;)

(Been threatening to get a Star Frontiers game going some-time too.)

GreenMan
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 41

Post by GreenMan »

trevor wrote:Updated

Thanks....

Nadare
Cave Troll

Post by Nadare »

Phergus wrote:My thought was to put a hidden NPC token on the map that was named End of Round. This would always sit at the bottom (in your case give it a 0 Init value) and let's me have a stopping point to take care of end of the round bookkeeping.

This is probably OK in most cases, but in 4E, it's possible to have a negative init value. A Zombie Rotter has an init modifier of -2, for example, so with a roll of 1, he could still have an adjusted init of -1.

I'm sure the MapTools developers already know this, but if sentinel values are to be used for "beginning of round" and "end of round", it's better to give them the maximum and minimum allowable int values, respectively (or aat least obscenely large values).

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

I have found a bug that appears when running MT in Linux. The resource library is not sorted alphabetically. I have documented the issue in another thread HERE

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

thanks jstgtpaid
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Azhrei
Site Admin

BUG b41: Revert Last Move wonky

Post by Azhrei »

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet: I turn on a light source on a token on a brand new map and when I Revert Last Move from the right-click menu, the light source doesn't revert back! The vision circle and halo color are applied to the old location, not the reverted one.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Re: BUG b41: Revert Last Move wonky

Post by AidyBaby »

Azhrei wrote:I haven't seen this one mentioned yet: I turn on a light source on a token on a brand new map and when I Revert Last Move from the right-click menu, the light source doesn't revert back! The vision circle and halo color are applied to the old location, not the reverted one.

I've been seeing this behaviour.
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: BUG b41: Revert Last Move wonky

Post by trevor »

Azhrei wrote:I haven't seen this one mentioned yet: I turn on a light source on a token on a brand new map and when I Revert Last Move from the right-click menu, the light source doesn't revert back! The vision circle and halo color are applied to the old location, not the reverted one.

Good catch, the cache isn't being flushed on revert, I'll get that fixed for b42
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

hennebeck
Dragon

Post by hennebeck »

OK...

SPILL IT!!!

What's the big secret with b42?

I've been waiting patiently, but now it's been days, and I NEED TO KNOW.

Thank you. That is all.

hennebeck
Dragon

Post by hennebeck »

Fine, don't answer me.
Then I won't tell you about the bug I found.
Well ok, I will.

When I use this in a macro...

Code: Select all

[h: n = n] [h,c(n, " "): eval( "die" + roll.count + " = 1d20" )]  [h,c(n, " "): eval( "AttackRoll" + roll.count + " = die" + roll.count + "+ AttackBonus" )]  [p,c(n, "   •   "): eval( 'if( die' + roll.count + ' > 19, "<span><b>CRITICAL ATTACK: </b></span>" + AttackRoll' + roll.count + ', "Attack: " + AttackRoll' + roll.count + ')' )] 

The input section of the chat grows to twice as big. It stays that way until I hover the mouse over the map ( A non-dockable window).

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

hennebeck wrote:The input section of the chat grows to twice as big. It stays that way until I hover the mouse over the map ( A non-dockable window).

I see this on pretty much all of my longer macros. I think the string expands the window when it is run but the input box window doesn't contract back until you move the mouse over the main map view window.

--AidyBaby--
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

hennebeck wrote:OK...

SPILL IT!!!

What's the big secret with b42?

I've been waiting patiently, but now it's been days, and I NEED TO KNOW.

Thank you. That is all.

I'll give you a hint: What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

Return to “Announcements”