MapTool 1.3 Development Build 42

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 42

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:blocky light though could potentially make the 1.3 polish round since it's technically pretty easy.
This, coupled with the light fixes, will make every D&D 3.x fan giddy with delight and would also allow you to wipe your hands of it for a good long time.

Win win situation if you ask me :)

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

trevor wrote:
Mrugnak wrote:I've spotted a bug.

Type any message, ending with a smilie, such as :D

press enter.

watch all text except the smilie picture vanish. There's a blank space before the smilie, where the text used to be.
Ouch. Good catch
Yeah, it actually zaps anything prior to the smiley... you can have text after the smiley and that text is still there after you press enter... just the stuff to the left of smiley gets wacked...
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

Are there any instructions on how to use the new Bar feature in macros?

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

nwelte1 wrote:Are there any instructions on how to use the new Bar feature in macros?
Jay talks about it briefly HERE
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Here's some good news to go with the bugs - the resource folders now sort Alpha like they are supposed to in Linux. Thanks guys!
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

lmarkus001 wrote:I am experiencing an issue editing token macros. This does not seem to be consistent but it crops up so far without a recognizable pattern.

If I right click the macro button on the Selected window, and Edit Macro, then make changes to the macro and OK to close, those changes do not always take. Sometimes I have to select a different token then reselect the original token to see the changes take hold.
Same here

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:
Zandari wrote: Does this mean that things like projector mode and getting blocky light back are going to be pushed out to 1.4?
Unfortunately the line has to be drawn somewhere. Projector mode is definitely 1.4, blocky light though could potentially make the 1.3 polish round since it's technically pretty easy.
I thought square light made it into b35?

Yep.. seems to work for me....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

jfrazierjr wrote: I thought square light made it into b35?

Yep.. seems to work for me....
Square, yes..
Blocky, no..

Blocky is the 3rd edition style lighting. Imagine making a circle with blocks. Maptool 1.2 used to have it, along with conic lighting, but it was removed when we redesigned light and vision in 1.3 - just haven't gotten to it yet.

Mr. Pokeylope
Giant

Post by Mr. Pokeylope »

Mrugnak wrote:I've spotted a bug.

Type any message, ending with a smilie, such as :D

press enter.

watch all text except the smilie picture vanish. There's a blank space before the smilie, where the text used to be.
I've submitted a patch for this.

jespley
Cave Troll

Post by jespley »

trevor wrote:
RedDog wrote:
trevor wrote:In fact, that's the only thing I'm personally working on, fixing bugs and getting things tweaked so that we can release 1.3.
Can we expect to see a /gmsecret chat command or customizable sizes on portraits before 1.3 closes out?
/gmsecret ?

portrait sizes - yes definitely
Hey Trevor,

Whenever you bust open the portrait code, my little request is to have the default portrait be the token image. If that's painful to code then shove it off for later but if not... :)

MapTool rocks!
Jared

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

jespley wrote: Hey Trevor,

Whenever you bust open the portrait code, my little request is to have the default portrait be the token image. If that's painful to code then shove it off for later but if not... :)

MapTool rocks!
I thought that the token image is used if you haven't explicitly specified a portrait image
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

trevor wrote:I thought that the token image is used if you haven't explicitly specified a portrait image
It is.

DrVesuvius
Giant

Post by DrVesuvius »

trevor wrote:
DrVesuvius wrote:
trevor wrote: * Fix bug: token stat sheet doesn't show up if it only has default values
Aw phoeey!
lol seems I can't change anything without breaking someone these days :)

It seems like most of the time people would want values to show up, regardless if they are default or not.

That said, I could see adding a modifier for "Show default values" that would make the properties work like they did prior to b42
If the majority of users want default values to show up in the stat sheet & properties sheet, then how about keeping that as the default behaviour and instead make the tickbox say "Hide default values"?

Glad to hear that we're down to the final straight towards a final 1.3 build. The devs have done an awesome job adding some fantastic features, but it'll be nice to be able to settle down with a stable version and not have to worry about updates and revisions for a while.

Dr V

jespley
Cave Troll

Post by jespley »

trevor wrote:
jespley wrote: Hey Trevor,

MapTool rocks!
I thought that the token image is used if you haven't explicitly specified a portrait image
See I knew it would be easy. :)
Jared

Return to “Announcements”