MapTool 1.3 Development Build 45

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Woodman
Cave Troll

Post by Woodman »

Ok i can replace the commas in the light sorces, but i never entered them there in the first place, MT seems to allways convert the decimal points to commas wenn i reopen the properties window. Maybe thats an issue with systems where commas are used instead of decimal points.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

BUG

Memory issue and Zooming.

Place 2 Token State icons (make them images that are 100x100) onto a token.

Now zoom in on that token REALLY close, then zoom back a bit then back in. While doing this watch the Java memory allocation... it blows up quickly.

In the campaign file I tried it on (14 tokens, grass background) I was at 33MB useage in a 512M memory model. I was able to blow out my 512M memory very quickly every time.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

lmarkus001 wrote:Now zoom in on that token REALLY close, then zoom back a bit then back in. While doing this watch the Java memory allocation... it blows up quickly.

In the campaign file I tried it on (14 tokens, grass background) I was at 33MB useage in a 512M memory model. I was able to blow out my 512M memory very quickly every time.
Yipes. Just tried this with the 1 gig configuration and thought I'd have to work to make it happen, but it pretty much locked things up just zooming in on a fairly complicated map.

I am still using b41 though.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the note, I"ll check it out
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

We ran into the zooming bug this week. I was the server and it basically froze up the server client. We waited for a few... the players on skype had no problem interacting with the map and it propagated to the others. My temp solution was to load another maptool and connect to myself as a GM. It worked, though was super slow with all the memory usage + pdfs, web, etc. Finally the server started responding normally and I closed the second client.

We ran into a weird problem then where some of the tokens I deleted wouldn't delete for the players. Second, the initiative stopped working for the players altogether. They couldn't see newly added monsters and couldn't see me moving through whose turn it was.

My suggestion would be for some method to force send the new initiative information to the players from the tool's menu or have a refresh option on the player's end.

Another Request: Can we have the map diagonals measuring option be a map option and not a client option? We had tons of confusion on measurement tonight until I realized half the players hadn't switched to one_one_one. I can't imagine why different clients would want that individual option when the map the GM selects will be the game's rules in the end.

We had a good time! The players said their clients were all very stable.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

BUG:

This problem was present before b45, but is persistent.

ONE of my players is unable to use nextInitiative().

"Could not execute command, only the GM or owner can use nextInitiative"

The player is set as token owner.
Owner Permissions are set in the Init panel.

The other three players have no problems using this function. Ever.

The only thing unique about the player is that they're playing by LAN (hooked into my router) while everyone else is internet.

The entire macro.

Code: Select all

/me is done his turn. [h:nextInitiative()] 

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

palmer wrote:BUG:

This problem was present before b45, but is persistent.

ONE of my players is unable to use nextInitiative().

"Could not execute command, only the GM or owner can use nextInitiative"

The player is set as token owner.
Owner Permissions are set in the Init panel.

The other three players have no problems using this function. Ever.

The only thing unique about the player is that they're playing by LAN (hooked into my router) while everyone else is internet.

The entire macro.

Code: Select all

/me is done his turn. [h:nextInitiative()] 
I think you really want to verify that the initiative check is on that player's token when they hit the macro. If they are local they I recommend standing behind them and watching exactly what they do to make sure this is not a user error...

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

lmarkus001 wrote:I think you really want to verify that the initiative check is on that player's token when they hit the macro. If they are local they I recommend standing behind them and watching exactly what they do to make sure this is not a user error...
Trust me, she's in my living room, not 6 feet away.
I've done this step multiple times.

Most puzzling is the fact that tonight, it IS working for her. Every so often it does work, but it's like once out of every 4-5 sessions.

Revision

Now one of the other players is having this problem, and they're connected by direct IP address. Meanwhile, the player in my living room has been able to use nextInitiative() just fine.

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

palmer wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:I think you really want to verify that the initiative check is on that player's token when they hit the macro. If they are local they I recommend standing behind them and watching exactly what they do to make sure this is not a user error...
Trust me, she's in my living room, not 6 feet away.
I've done this step multiple times.

Most puzzling is the fact that tonight, it IS working for her. Every so often it does work, but it's like once out of every 4-5 sessions.

Revision

Now one of the other players is having this problem, and they're connected by direct IP address. Meanwhile, the player in my living room has been able to use nextInitiative() just fine.
Ah, you have wonkiness in your system. You need to dewonkify.

Please dewonkify and try again. :D :wink:
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

palmer wrote: Most puzzling is the fact that tonight, it IS working for her. Every so often it does work, but it's like once out of every 4-5 sessions.

Revision

Are you dragging saved tokens onto the map. I've noticed sometimes my saved tokens do not work correctly radomly. Tokens made on the map always seem to work though. Many times the behavior is with variables in general though. Allot of macro will break because for some reason they cannot see the variables. This sounds similar.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

In this most recent case, it was like so

Session 1: Living Room can't use nextInitiative() all session.

End session. Everyone disconnects.
I leave MapTool OPEN and the server RUNNING all day

Session 2: Living room can use nextInitiative() and a different player cannot.

In this case, reconnecting "cured" one player and screwed up another.

Makes no sense to me.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Two things I'd love to see in the next version re Scaling

1) If you scale an image via the properties to "bleed" outside it's cell, the select box expands to the new dimensions. It'd be better if it stayed inside it's footprint (i.e. a medium creature it'd stay 1x1, large 2x2, etc)

2) When you scale to bleed as above, the bar is based on the scaled size not on the footprint.

While #1 isn't obvious to players that can't/don't select monsters, #2 is when the health bar above them is an extra large or small size. I listed both because I suspect if you fix #1, #2 may fix itself but I'm not particularly sure.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

I am not sure if this has been addressed but...

I am unable to change the "Default Units Per Cell" under preferences. The dialog box accepts the change from 5 to 1, but the units displayed on miving a token or using the measurement tool remain at 5. I have even tried making the change, saving the campaign, shutting down completely, and then reloading everything. The number in the box stays changed and reflects my choice of 1 but the display still remains at 5 per cell. The last build I used for an actual game (around b32) this feature worked correctly.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

pmbruner wrote:I am not sure if this has been addressed but...

I am unable to change the "Default Units Per Cell" under preferences. The dialog box accepts the change from 5 to 1, but the units displayed on miving a token or using the measurement tool remain at 5. I have even tried making the change, saving the campaign, shutting down completely, and then reloading everything. The number in the box stays changed and reflects my choice of 1 but the display still remains at 5 per cell. The last build I used for an actual game (around b32) this feature worked correctly.
Not 100% if this is your problem, but most things like this only affect NEW maps. There is no way to change this(and most others) setting for an existing Campaign.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Changing values in Preferences only affect new maps made after that point. (For preferences items that affect maps.)

This is the way it has always been.

Return to “Announcements”