MapTool 1.3 Development Build 48

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

PinkRose
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 48

Post by PinkRose »

I can't get the keyboard shortcut to work for locking player movement.

;)

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

[quote="PyroMancer2k"]Also I was wondering how you choose to handle the targeting list if your aren't taking the selection/impersonate approach? Since the exposedTokens function still detects all tokens in soft fog.[/quote]

What's the embarrassed grin smiley?

I, uh, actually don't worry about that. If getExposed pulls up tokens in the soft fog, then they're in the soft fog. We don't use FoW much in our games, and for the moment if there's something that must not be seen, getExposedTokens() doesn't get tokens that are not Player Visible. It's not the easiest method, though.

However, I think your solution is a really excellent answer to that particular difficulty (and in fact as a means to simplify the setup overall). I've been thinking about how I want to implement that (basically, it would be a very quick mod, if I understand it - you just store that token's name in the "target list" variable on the Lib:token, and then any macro that needs it pulls that list instead of doing excess looping to generate it each time). It would really simplify a lot of things, but it's mostly just a matter of my eyes starting to cross as I stare at macros.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

[quote="Rumble"]
However, I think your solution is a really excellent answer to that particular difficulty (and in fact as a means to simplify the setup overall). I've been thinking about how I want to implement that (basically, it would be a very quick mod, if I understand it - you just store that token's name in the "target list" variable on the Lib:token, and then any macro that needs it pulls that list instead of doing excess looping to generate it each time). It would really simplify a lot of things, but it's mostly just a matter of my eyes starting to cross as I stare at macros.[/quote]

Yea the list system I setup gives the DM campaign macros that allows him to simply select a token and add it to either the NPC or PC list. It even included a nice Dialog box that shows all token images that are on the list for quick DM reference so he doesn't have to read a lot of names :). Also it checks for multiple names so you don't add a token a bunch of times. There is even a "cleaner" which makes sure the tokens are still on the board cause if you delete a token you can't use the remove macro on it anymore and it's still on the list hehe :).

I too wanted to avoid all that excess looping to avoid slowing things down. Cause in large campaigns with large number of tokens I'm sure things could get really bogged down with it generating the list each time. And your method of turning the token not visible to players so it doesn't add them to the list I'm sure could quickly become a headache to the DM.

Also it sounds like you need a break to uncross your eyes :).

PS: For some reason BBCode is turned off in this thread and won't take the quote blocks. It works fine in other threads.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

-->I too wanted to avoid all that excess looping to avoid slowing things down. Cause in large campaigns with large number of tokens I'm sure things could get really bogged down with it generating the list each time. And your method of turning the token not visible to players so it doesn't add them to the list I'm sure could quickly become a headache to the DM.

Also it sounds like you need a break to uncross your eyes :). <--

Well, I did take my break (went Christmas shopping for the kids, actually) and set back to macro-writing afterwards, and in fact it was really easy to set up the "add to targeting" process. It cleaned up a lot of loops and for-each structures; now it's just grabbing a list of targets from the Library token. It's a great idea, and elegant, so thank you!

Unable to resist loops and whirls, though, I set it up so that there's only one "add to targeting" macro, that decides whether it goes in the PC or NPC list (there are three lists, actually - PC, NPC, and All) and puts it there. There's also a dialog that displays the list of who is in the target lists, and who is not, and gives MacroLinks to add or remove as appropriate.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Is there any chance in B49 of having a hot key that switches mouse scroll wheel direction? It dosn't look like the error in Java that handles the scroll speed is going to be fixed to handle the higher range of precision mice. and you cant get the precision rotating things any other way (and not being able to mouse zoom is a real pain)

Mrugnak
Dragon

Re:

Post by Mrugnak »

[quote="Craig"]In the mean time if you want to try avoid the problems these are the steps you should take (in the order of what is most likely to blow up).
[list]
[*] Keep {} to a minimum in a macro.
The more sets of {} in the macro the more likely it is to blow up. This is not referring to fact that you can only have two levels {} deep, but sequential {} blocks, the more you have the more likely it is to blow up. This limit is per macro so calling multiple macros with a small amount of {} blocks will not case the problem.[/list][/quote]

Query: Is this referring to using the basic {}'s to print out a result without expansion, or is this referring to the CODE() function and other exotics that I'm still catching up on?

I'm assuming you mean stuff like CODE() with the reference to levels of {}, but if it affects just spitting out variables, too, I need to make some adjustments.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Re: Re:

Post by Craig »

[quote="Mrugnak"][quote="Craig"]In the mean time if you want to try avoid the problems these are the steps you should take (in the order of what is most likely to blow up).
[list]
[*] Keep {} to a minimum in a macro.
The more sets of {} in the macro the more likely it is to blow up. This is not referring to fact that you can only have two levels {} deep, but sequential {} blocks, the more you have the more likely it is to blow up. This limit is per macro so calling multiple macros with a small amount of {} blocks will not case the problem.[/list][/quote]

Query: Is this referring to using the basic {}'s to print out a result without expansion, or is this referring to the CODE() function and other exotics that I'm still catching up on?

I'm assuming you mean stuff like CODE() with the reference to levels of {}, but if it affects just spitting out variables, too, I need to make some adjustments.[/quote]

Using {} to spit out variables is fine. The issue occurs when you use { } within [ ], no matter how they are used, the more you have between a [ and a ] the more likely hood of a problem.

ddrewitz
Kobold

Post by ddrewitz »

Is there a way to make a character invisible to all players except the owner and the GM? When I uncheck visible to players in the config for the token, it makes it invisible to everyone except the GM. I would like to be able to do this if I cast Invisibility on myself.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Couldn't find anything else about this, but I can't get createMacro() to work.

[createMacro("Igor", "Hey baby--wanna light my pyre?")]

tells me:

Could not execute the command: Index: 2, Size: 2

Am I doing it right?

(Also, BBCode seems to be off in this post/forum.)

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

[quote="Veggiesama"]Couldn't find anything else about this, but I can't get createMacro() to work.

[createMacro("Igor", "Hey baby--wanna light my pyre?")]

tells me:

Could not execute the command: Index: 2, Size: 2

Am I doing it right?

(Also, BBCode seems to be off in this post/forum.)[/quote]

createMacro needs a props line (apparently): if you put:

[code]
[createMacro("Igor", "Hey baby--wanna light my pyre?", "color=gray;")]
[/code]

It will work. The props line can just be ";".

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

Excellent, works great now. Thank you very much.

One big problem remaining, though. I want to beautify my created macros, but now they're coming out in one long line. Very ugly and tough to edit.

I tried "\n" and a few variations, but no luck. "<br>" only affects outbound HTML, not code within the macro dialog. Any idea how to insert a new-line character into a createMacro() command?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

[quote="Veggiesama"]Excellent, works great now. Thank you very much.

One big problem remaining, though. I want to beautify my created macros, but now they're coming out in one long line. Very ugly and tough to edit.

I tried "\n" and a few variations, but no luck. "<br>" only affects outbound HTML, not code within the macro dialog. Any idea how to insert a new-line character into a createMacro() command?[/quote]

I'm not sure how to do that - I've used createMacro() but only to create very short ones (ones that can tolerate being on a single line - mostly creating buttons that call other macros).

Oddly enough, if you do this:

[createMacro("Label", "Line 1
Line 2", "color=gray;")]

it puts the commands "Line 1" and "Line 2" on 2 lines. However, trying to get it to parse [ and ] properly is very tricky.

Veggiesama
Dragon

Post by Veggiesama »

I'm not sure if this has been done before, so I'll hold off congratulating myself for being almost done with it:

[attachment=0]macro_creator.PNG[/attachment]

Essentially, this is a macro that creates another macro. The created macro posts a highly formatted 4e D&D power to the chat.

This macro should be able to accurately recreate about 80-90% of the powers in the 4e PHB, along with automated rolling based on custom token properties. You might need to finagle it for some powers (I'm looking at you, ranger), but I hope this is still quite versatile.

I'll release it properly sometime tomorrow or the next day, along with my other token macros.
Attachments
macro_creator.PNG
macro_creator.PNG (143.91 KiB) Viewed 1506 times

n3phrit
Cave Troll

Post by n3phrit »

Following code is not working, SUFFIXED, UNSUFFIXED seems to be broken.
varsFromStrProp() accepts only 1 parameter...

Code:
[h, macro("GetWeapon@this"): 1]
[h: wProp = macro.return]
[h: varsFromStrProp(wProp, "SUFFIXED") ]

returns

Code:
varsFromStrProp() requires 1 parameters

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

[quote="n3phrit"]Following code is not working, SUFFIXED, UNSUFFIXED seems to be broken.
varsFromStrProp() accepts only 1 parameter...

Code:
[h, macro("GetWeapon@this"): 1]
[h: wProp = macro.return]
[h: varsFromStrProp(wProp, "SUFFIXED") ]

returns

Code:
varsFromStrProp() requires 1 parameters[/quote]

That's because "varsFromStrProp() requires 1 parameters". The correct usage of it is varsFromStrProp(wProp). The documents are wrong because they were updated with intended changes that were not put in since it wasn't verified that they had actually made it into the build.

Return to “Announcements”