MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

Post by Azhrei »

Actually, the phpBB3 default is to not allow "documents" (PDFs, DOCs, etc), but I split PDF into its own attachment group and then turned on PDFs for the "HowTo" forum under MapTool. They can be attached there. (Not sure why phpBB3 disables PDFs by default; probably because it doesn't come with a virus-checker built-in to the download process).

Although I think you're correct that attachments cannot be made to announcement threads in general.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

So I've lost all my tables by just peeking at the new version. When I tried to reload b49, they were still gone. My custom die roller and adventure generator are wiped out apparently. Anyone know of a way to restore them? I'm super bummed. :(
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Hmmm....weird. Out of frustration, I tried reopening my campaign, and my tables were there. I don't think I did anything any differently than I've been doing since I started using MT. The first time I opened the campaign, it was missing all of my tables, but subsequent openings of that campaign are just fine.

I just wanted to update my previous post. I'm really just happy that they aren't lost! :)
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

ddrewitz
Kobold

Post by ddrewitz »

Where is the exe file? I don't see it on the launch or the downloads page. Also, has the issue with the campaign properties where you edit who can see the health bars been fixed?

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

ddrewitz wrote:Where is the exe file? I don't see it on the launch or the downloads page. Also, has the issue with the campaign properties where you edit who can see the health bars been fixed?
The .exe launcher is in the zip with all the other files. Speaking of the launcher, how much memory/stack etc does it allocate by default. Or am I misunderstanding how the launcher works.

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

I have noticed an issue that only appears in Linux. I am trying to use the 4e Interactive sheet presented in the user creations forum.
Here is the linkhttp://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6596.

Here is the problem. When I click on certain links in the sheet, I get no response. No error message and no dialog box. However when I use the same campaign, same process on my windows laptop, it works fine.

Here is the process to recreate the issue.
D/L the example campaign file from http://rapidshare.com/files/189483745/Example.cmpgn.
In b49 and/or b50 open the example file in linux.
Select (click on) any player token; either Taelin, Orin, or Murgen.
From the campaign file window click on the Character sheet button
(the character sheet should appear. If necessary expand window to view the sheet)
Click on any of the following links in the character sheet (none of them work in Linux)
Experience, Hit Points, Healing surge, and Base Speed
Other links in character sheet work fine like Name, Ability, Armor Class, saving throw etc.

I follow the same process on a windows machine and experience no issues.
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Is it possible that there are different default stack sizes on the windows machine vs the linux machine? Try starting the jar with the java stack size set higher:

-Xss4M

That's should allocate 4M to the stack size which is more than likely enough, but if not, change the number to 8. You might also be able to readjust down to 2.

I seem to think he is working on breaking out his code to be more modular, which would help with this also.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jstgtpaid
Giant

Post by jstgtpaid »

You are amazing!! That worked. I tried 4M and it was much better. Thanks!
When the boogeyman goes to bed everynight, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

jstgtpaid wrote:You are amazing!! That worked. I tried 4M and it was much better. Thanks!

Heh... I am right about half the time I post help....not sure that would qualify as amazing though... :D
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Sir Flak wrote:The .exe launcher is in the zip with all the other files. Speaking of the launcher, how much memory/stack etc does it allocate by default. Or am I misunderstanding how the launcher works.
It defaults to 256M for memory and doesn't touch the stack. You can increase the memory allocation. Instructions can be found here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 226#p80226

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

trevor wrote: Build 50 (1/27/09)

* Save docking layout persistence data to a specific file (makes for easier resetting)
What is this, where might it be, how do I use it?

If I do a Restore Layout, my windows get shuffled all about... how do I then use the layout persistence to recover?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Well, that was easy to find. :)

On my system it's under .maptool/config/layout.dat under my home directory.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

I tried editing the bat file that launches MapTool and created a shortcut to the exe launcher, but neither one would let me specify 2048M for the memory. It would give me a, "Cannot create java virtual machine" error.

Any ideas?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Aria wrote:I tried editing the bat file that launches MapTool and created a shortcut to the exe launcher, but neither one would let me specify 2048M for the memory. It would give me a, "Cannot create java virtual machine" error.

Any ideas?
Do you have a 64 bit OS and 64 bit java? If not, you can't get that much memory. Of course, I am not sure if you are passing the command line arguments correctly either. Phergus had a post showing how to set up a shortcut and the values should be the same when calling in the batch file.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Hrm, I'll have to look into 64 bit java and work on that.

Return to “Announcements”