MapTool 1.3 Development Build 52

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 52

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote:I'm a 'use the latest' kind of guy unless its a build that breaks a lot of things. I'm going to attempt b52 tonight. Since Trevor and crew are kind enough to provide this for free I figure the least we can do is try to use it and find bugs. Most of the really interesting ones only occur with players connected. :-)
Without you all, the people using the software, we wouldn't ever get to a "stable" build, so I'm super thankful to all of you that are willing to kick the tires and stress the joints of the latest builds !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

syntruth
Giant

Post by syntruth »

I keep telling my players to expect a pending upgrade (we're still on .b47) since I really, really want to try out some of the latest and greatest features, but having had push-back from the group from our first several rounds of upgrades, I am more wary to do so for now.

I'm uber-excited about auras, so I'm chomping at the bit to get them, but the saving campaign file issues and the crashes have put me off a bit. I don't have a lot of time to work on my game, and if I would have lost a night's worth of game work...I'd have been very disappointed to put it lightly.

So, for those of you who take the risks, on behalf of my group and myself, I definitely am grateful you guys are finding these bugs before they bite during a game session. :)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Just been playing with auras. which are great, and was wondering, is there any way to put in an optional switch that would make a gm only aura? Might be useful to see npc's threat ranges . . . or allow the GM to instantly to see when they have come with in range of his hidden archer.

Also, Aura's can be cones, Cones can do multi level light, but aura's cant do multi level emmision. you can mix and match the light emmiting versions at will (and stack them, I stopped at three) A GM only aura being able to this would have various uses, though you might want it to only show on mouse over to stop the screen getting too messy (or have show on mouse over as a second switch, say /gm and /m at the end of the line)

A thought for 1.4 allow topology to be drawn from templates - was playing in a D20 modern game the other day, and we threw in a smoke grenade - currently you would have to draw the effect, and then draw the FOW - though using Gioppo's linking tokens to topology might do it.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Is there some secret to getInitativeToken() that I'm unaware of?

I get the following error when I try to run it

Code: Select all

net.rptools.parser.function.EvaluationException: Undefined function: getInitativeToken error executing expression: getInitativeToken()
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Hmmm. Maybe spelling it correctly? :D

getInitiativeToken()

Wigs
Kobold

Post by Wigs »

Not sure if this has been noted or not, but for me on Vista 32 bit when i start a server when i connect with another instance of the program running to test it my map, some times it doesnt load the map and i have to on the 'gm' instance reload the campaign.

also, and this is the big one. when i exit the program and try to start a new server i get an error message saying 'cannot connect to server' and the only way i can get it working again is to reboot. this didnt happen with version b50

if you need more info on my system or like an error log let me know

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Wigs wrote:Not sure if this has been noted or not, but for me on Vista 32 bit when i start a server when i connect with another instance of the program running to test it my map, some times it doesnt load the map and i have to on the 'gm' instance reload the campaign.

also, and this is the big one. when i exit the program and try to start a new server i get an error message saying 'cannot connect to server' and the only way i can get it working again is to reboot. this didnt happen with version b50

Before you reboot, check the processes running on your box. I'll bet JAVAW.EXE is running. If so, kill it and try again.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Phergus wrote:Hmmm. Maybe spelling it correctly? :D

getInitiativeToken()
darn Craig's typing. :-)

And darn my bad eyes for not catching it.

Wigs
Kobold

Post by Wigs »

Tyren wrote:
Wigs wrote:Not sure if this has been noted or not, but for me on Vista 32 bit when i start a server when i connect with another instance of the program running to test it my map, some times it doesnt load the map and i have to on the 'gm' instance reload the campaign.

Before you reboot, check the processes running on your box. I'll bet JAVAW.EXE is running. If so, kill it and try again.
I just noticed that, thank you it's solved the problem...any reason it doesnt go away on its own? is there something i can edit in a cfg file?

BTW Thank you for this amazing program. its going to change they way my group plays and allow us to reconnect with friends that have moved away

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Another thought (i'm on a roll today)

Is there any way for nightvision and normal sight to work together

Example: John has a sonar ability as well as normal vision - while in a well lit room, both work together so the sonar dosn't really show up, but as they walk round the corner out of the light, the sonar takes effect.

Currently I would have to change his vision type at that point - not a big issue, but if you have to do it for more than one character, then the time lag can cause an issue with keeping atmosphere going
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

You can mix and match vision on one line, this is how I get DnD 3.5 style 60 ft dark vision + standard Low-light vision (The low-light vision multiplier affects the darkvision personal light value):

LowDarkvision: x2 r30

If your character has only normal DnD vision and darkvision for 30 feet, then the line would be
Sonar: r30

These lines would appear in the Edit > Campaign Properties in the Sight tab.

IMarv

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

RPTroll wrote:darn Craig's typing. :-)

So wherever you saw it typed that way, you've fixed it now, right? ;)

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

I noticed my pc was slow the other day. Seems the javaw.exe process kept running even after exiting b52, and it had grown to over 100Mb.

I like the new options and fixes in the builds, and I always try the new stuff, but this time I will stick with b50, I can't risk the session failing or losing my work. I run it in a netbook, so I don't have a lot of room to maneuver if something doesn't work right. I'm sorry but I'll wait until it's been tested more.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Azhrei wrote:
RPTroll wrote:darn Craig's typing. :-)

So wherever you saw it typed that way, you've fixed it now, right? ;)
Only if you give me rights to edit Craig's posts. :mrgreen:

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

FdL wrote:I noticed my pc was slow the other day. Seems the javaw.exe process kept running even after exiting b52, and it had grown to over 100Mb.

I like the new options and fixes in the builds, and I always try the new stuff, but this time I will stick with b50, I can't risk the session failing or losing my work. I run it in a netbook, so I don't have a lot of room to maneuver if something doesn't work right. I'm sorry but I'll wait until it's been tested more.
Oh hey I just checked my processes and there javaw was, sitting at the 300MB I give to Maptool's minimum.

Return to “Announcements”