MapTool 1.3 Development Build 55

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Craig
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 55

Post by Craig »

jfrazierjr wrote:Or perhaps the issue was the one that was just fixed where there GM could see every one until b55.... <shrug>
Unless I am missing a setting somewhere the GM can still see everyone when clicking on a token. Tokens are just covered by translucent fog of war but still visible. This is the latest code in SVN that I tested btw.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azinctus wrote:Now that we have conic vision I found a problem with conic lights.

If I enter:

Torch : cone arc=180 2,50 circle 6,50#000000

I get what I want, a half a circle of bright light inside a circle of shadowy light. But if I reopen the light panel it says this:

Torch : cone arc=180 2,50 6,50#000000

And then, when I close the panel, the light is a half circle inside a half circle. Not what I want. When I open the light panel for a third time it says this:

Torch : cone arc=180 2,50 cone arc=180 6,50#000000

Is there a way to get the light that I want other than setting it once and then not opening the panel? Is this is a bug?
I don't believe the intention is to combine multiple light shapes into a single light source(ie, this might be a bug). If that is the case, you would need to define and configure TWO light sources, one for each shape.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Saagael
Giant

Post by Saagael »

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I downloaded b55 and tried to export a campaign properties file to put into a new campaign, but when I export it through the campaign properties window, the default file type is a .mtmacro file. I got around this by manually typing in .mtprops at the end of the file name, but it strikes me as odd that the default file type is set to be a macro file.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, known bug. There's already a report for it in the Bug Reports forum, I think.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

trevor wrote:I believe what you are looking for is Zone.isTokenVisible(token).
Since I have a ZoneRenderer object already, I'm calling renderer.getZone().isTokenVisible(token) where the parameter is the token that dorpond has double-clicked on. In looking at the code, it appears that the method checks to ensure that the token's isVisible() flag is on (or returns false) and that the fog is enabled (or returns true). Then it checks to see if the bounding rectangle on the token intersects with the exposed area of the Zone. But is the exposed area now based on the selected token? What if a player owns two tokens and each sees a different portion of the Zone? I guess I'll need to play with that a bit.
I've been contemplating creating a Developer Notes subforum for design clarification and discussion. Since we're getting more contributors (and contributors that keep coming back for more), it might be a good place to talk about stuff like this.
I would appreciate that. :)

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

This could be a bug. I assigned a macro I made to a function key, and when I press it it asks for a token.name variable. The macro works fine from the button, which of course applies to the selected token. So I think running the same macro with an assigned key should work exactly the same. Well, as long as you have a selected token, which I did.

Health bars have not been fixed at all since b50-51. A shame, because I suspect it might be a really simple fix (ie, it's the directions for them to work which are wrong).

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

FdL wrote: Health bars have not been fixed at all since b50-51. A shame, because I suspect it might be a really simple fix (ie, it's the directions for them to work which are wrong).
Hmm, I thought I had squashed those, could you point me to the posts talking about the current issues ? (Or just list them and I'll fix them for next build)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

FdL wrote:This could be a bug. I assigned a macro I made to a function key, and when I press it it asks for a token.name variable. The macro works fine from the button, which of course applies to the selected token. So I think running the same macro with an assigned key should work exactly the same. Well, as long as you have a selected token, which I did.

Health bars have not been fixed at all since b50-51. A shame, because I suspect it might be a really simple fix (ie, it's the directions for them to work which are wrong).
Do you have the macro set "run for each selected" checkbox turned on? If not, it has no clue what token context to run that macro on(even then, it may not work and may be a bug)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Kizan
Giant

Post by Kizan »

I guess this is the right place for this. I was using macros that worked fine in b54, but in b55 they throw an exception and die. The macros were just HTML text. No math or anything. The only "exciting" part was that they were being pulled from a Lib:token.

Any thoughts?

Code: Select all

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/rptools/maptool/client/macro/impl/UndefinedMacro
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.macro.MacroManager.<clinit>(MacroManager.java:82)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.commandpanel.CommandPanel.commitCommand(CommandPanel.java:375)
	at net.rptools.maptool.model.MacroButtonProperties.executeCommand(MacroButtonProperties.java:352)
	at net.rptools.maptool.model.MacroButtonProperties.executeMacro(MacroButtonProperties.java:245)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.buttons.MacroButton.mouseReleased(MacroButton.java:193)
	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.rptools.maptool.client.macro.impl.UndefinedMacro
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
	... 28 more
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error reading zip file
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.read(Native Method)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.access$1200(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZipFileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$1.fill(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
	... 35 more

Kizan
Giant

Post by Kizan »

Kizan wrote:I guess this is the right place for this. I was using macros that worked fine in b54, but in b55 they throw an exception and die. The macros were just HTML text. No math or anything. All of the macros in this campaign do this.

Any thoughts?

Code: Select all

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/rptools/maptool/client/macro/impl/UndefinedMacro
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.macro.MacroManager.<clinit>(MacroManager.java:82)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.commandpanel.CommandPanel.commitCommand(CommandPanel.java:375)
	at net.rptools.maptool.model.MacroButtonProperties.executeCommand(MacroButtonProperties.java:352)
	at net.rptools.maptool.model.MacroButtonProperties.executeMacro(MacroButtonProperties.java:245)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.buttons.MacroButton.mouseReleased(MacroButton.java:193)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.rptools.maptool.client.macro.impl.UndefinedMacro
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
	... 28 more
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error reading zip file
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.read(Native Method)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.access$1200(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZipFileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile$1.fill(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
	... 35 more

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

jfrazierjr wrote:
FdL wrote:This could be a bug. I assigned a macro I made to a function key, and when I press it it asks for a token.name variable. The macro works fine from the button, which of course applies to the selected token. So I think running the same macro with an assigned key should work exactly the same. Well, as long as you have a selected token, which I did.

Do you have the macro set "run for each selected" checkbox turned on? If not, it has no clue what token context to run that macro on(even then, it may not work and may be a bug)
Lemme see... *edits cfg to have the spanish translation be gone*

That option I have in the right click menu over the macro button. Well, it's the same when I use that than when I normally click onthe button. But with the shortcut key? Doesn't work.
trevor wrote:
FdL wrote: Health bars have not been fixed at all since b50-51. A shame, because I suspect it might be a really simple fix (ie, it's the directions for them to work which are wrong).
Hmm, I thought I had squashed those, could you point me to the posts talking about the current issues ? (Or just list them and I'll fix them for next build)
Sure. Note the quoted stuff below still applies for B55.
The easiest way to test this is making a bar of each type (or maybe orientation) then use the Bars dialog, with the test slider. You can tell how it's going to work, well, except zoom issues:
FdL wrote:Great build! I'll probably wait for a bit to use it since I'm working a lot with b50, but I hope all kinks get ironed out to be able to enjoy the new features.

Well, now comes my report of the health bar issue.

Some bars still don't work right.
Status of the bars working as of b52:

- Solid: Working fine.

- Two Tone: Working fine.

- Single Image:
1) Horizontal depletes/fills the wrong way.
2) When told to place at the bottom, it stays exactly in the Top position, and behaves like it.
3) When told to place at left or right, it depletes as if the image was rotated and placed on the side, but the image is still at the top of the token (depletes the right way for a vertical bar though).

- Two Images:
1) When told to place at the bottom, it stays exactly in the Top position, and behaves like it.
2) When told to place at left or right, it depletes as if the image was rotated and placed on the side, but the image is still at the top of the token (depletes in the inverse direction, ie, full is on bottom and empty is on top).

- Multiple Images:
- When told to place at the bottom, right or left, it stays exactly in the Top position, and behaves like it.

I wonder now whether this is intended, I mean having the image bars not rotated for being used vertically. It doesn't make a lot of sense from a versatility viewpoint, though, to have to make spefic files for a vertical setup.

Also seeing one bar deplete the wrong way made me think it would be a good idea to add a "Reverse direction" checkbox to let people choose. Could be used for nifty effects.

hyperactiveChipmunk
Cave Troll

Post by hyperactiveChipmunk »

Confirmation on this one. Our specific case:
Using deviantNull's framework, there's a campaign macro for bringing up the character sheet. I've assigned it to the F2 hotkey in my game. Since b55, using F2 to open it (with a token selected) pops up a variable assignment dialog box for which you can just click OK on and it opens the window just fine. Once it's open, you can deselect and re-select your character to get the proper information to show up in the window. However, opening it by clicking the macro button in the 'Campaign' frame works as expected (it opens the frame and populates it with your character sheet, without a dialog box).

The value requested is for state.character, which appears to be the only non-macro.args variable in the library macro called by the button.

-hC

n3phrit
Cave Troll

Post by n3phrit »

Bug: Show Initiative setting in Initiative panel seems to work only for GM view. Player can still see initiative values even if unchecked.

Enhancement: It would be nice to have Show only PCs, so GM can see full initiative order, but PCs only themselves (usefull if you want to further manage NPCs initiative)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

n3phrit wrote:Enhancement: It would be nice to have Show only PCs, so GM can see full initiative order, but PCs only themselves (usefull if you want to further manage NPCs initiative)
There is a "Hide NPCs" option so that players don't see the monsters. :)

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Is the switch for Show Avatars in chat going to be made soon? I'd like to be able to hide the token images from showing. I don't like the clutter in the chat window.

Return to “Announcements”