3.5 D&D adventures with decent VT maps

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

dirtphillips
Kobold

3.5 D&D adventures with decent VT maps

Post by dirtphillips »

I have used maptools for about a month with the free maps available on the web and doing my own work to do the objects and so forth. However, my job will not allow me to keep using this much time. Can people chime in for sites that have complete adventures, including good quality jpg or png map files for all of the adventure maps for easy inclusion into maptools. Putting in the VBL is pretty easy. I have tried to download .cpgn files, but they don't work in my version (b60) so I gave up after a few tries (also posted here on the problem with no responses, 3 weeks ago).

I have run a few of the free 3.5 WOTC modules, and they work fine, but their maps SUCK. I have redone the module maps for the 3 I have run so far, but it is too labor intensive.

Please help with recommended websites for the products, and specific recommendations would be appreciated.

As a side question, has anyone created a map set for the 1992 module Greyhawk Ruins (AD&D)? I tried once about 8 years ago to run this super dungeon and only got 2 levels in before the group fell apart. I'm guessing copyright issues would get in the way, but I thought I would ask, just in case.

Return to “Links & External Resources”