Looking for resource free or pay sites.

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Deathbysmurf
Kobold

Looking for resource free or pay sites.

Post by Deathbysmurf »

Okay I have looked for as much free resources as I can find, and beleave me there are not that many. Yes there are some that have a lot of conent, but are limited on actual landscape image's. I have not seen any cliffs or moutains, just castles, dungeons, taverns, towns, a few tree's, plants, and animals, but nothing in the way of getting real detailed with my maps in making a living world with maptools. Like I have said before I do play darker campains, so I enjoy the sinister looking landscapes, but i also play your average games with you every day terrain. To get to the point I am in search of some free or pay sites were I can make my world come to life.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Looking for resource free or pay sites.

Post by Azhrei »

Search the forum here. I remember a thread that covered cliffs in particular; there was some discussion about about how to produce the visual effect of a steep (or shear) slope.

All you can do is search... Depending on how you want your map to look, you can always grab images from satellite photos. 8)

Ramius613
Kobold

Re: Looking for resource free or pay sites.

Post by Ramius613 »

Dundjinni just updated its archive site. It now includes the CSUAC. This had a Ton (well, gigs and gigs) of free objects, items, etc. The Jan '09 archive has cliff wall overlays, I'm sure there are more, but I haven't gone through them.

http://www.halerecordings.com/gaming/gallery/main.php

Return to “Links & External Resources”