Online Dungeon Painter

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Gargleblaster
Kobold

Online Dungeon Painter

Post by Gargleblaster »

I found this very useful site for creating your own maps quickly and easily. I thought I would share it in case there are any others like me who have been struggling with more complicated software. :)

http://pyromancers.com/

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Re: Online Dungeon Painter

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

Ok... that... that looks awesome.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Very nice. I wish Maptool was more like that in many respects, although editing consists of deleting and redoing, but that's not too much of a problem because each drawn item is on it's own layer. I see one of it's major flaws is that it is web based, for load times and how clicks are handled.

I especially like the drop shadow for walls and objects and how walls are handled. The export feature is less than desirable. Only shows a portion of the image to me and I have to guess where the boundaries are. It needs an easier way to grab and move objects. It would be nice if it had a maptool export feature where it turns the draw objects in to single image tokens or texture patterns. I wish it also had the option to have a transparent background when exporting to PNG and be able to turn on/off the shadow and be able to change direction. I also didn't see a way to insert an image and be able to rotate it. You can't add your own texture or objects to draw list. So, if I had a cool background texture, it wouldn't draw it. I would have to make several copies to cover the area.

The grouping feature is nice. Just figured out the zoom (glad it has one), but I'm not a fan of needing to use the scroll bars to move around. Ah, also can't resize objects from the library.

Well, it has a long way to go to be as good as maptool, but there are some mighty fine features I hope we adopt in the future.

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

In the add token window, there's a size option. It defaults to a 32 px grid and changing that does NOT change the size of the tokens unfortunately. So you'd have to make all your own tokens if you wanted something else. It's real benefit is for play-by-post games which means the web based part of it is AWESOME.

Return to “Links & External Resources”