[Custom tool] DM-tools

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

krevett
Cave Troll

[Custom tool] DM-tools

Post by krevett »

Hi everyone! I don't know where to post this so ^^
I'm working on a small tool for DM based on excel since june and I thought I could share my work here too for everyone interested. I'm by no mean a programmer (in fact I know more about chemical industry ;)) but I think I came up with something that might interest people.
The tool is still WIP and contains a framework for a custom system and for D&D4.
The code is unlocked so you can check by yourself that there's no malicious thing in the file.
Please take the time to open the readme ;)

I'm posting here because latest feature (very beta but...) allows to import creatures from a MapTools cmpgn file to use in the spreadsheet (I've done this because I know much more in excel macros than in maptools macros in fact so it allows me to have a tool without writing macros in maptools ^^). As said before take a look at the readme for more informations!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8bq33ropp ... s.rar/file

Do not hesitate to leave me feedback and bug reports (even if it's negative feedback I take everything). The file is also available from ENWorld but the site is down for update at this time!

Phergus
Deity

Re: [Custom tool] DM-tools

Post by Phergus »

Thanks for sharing your work with others!

krevett
Cave Troll

Post by krevett »

Uploaded a new update on mediafire with some bugs corrected!
Enworld download section is still unavailable for now.

Do not hesitate to leave feedback if you find bugs (I know nobody uses 4th anymore but... ^^)

krevett
Cave Troll

Post by krevett »

New update today, long time I've not posted here ;)

20.08.12: Improvement in random generator speed and formulas (new options to roll from other tables, new format is [R:number:options]Tablename to roll on a table or just [number:options] to roll dices and return a value. Number represents a number or a dice roll (in the form XdY+Z or X@Y). Available options are h (hide formula and table name), p, u or l (proper, upper or lower case formatted result). Implemented a name generator using Markov algorithm (possibility to add you own lists as always, sample lists taken with permission from Wolph42’s generator in MapTools!). Spell slot tracking in DD5 sheet, spell filtering in spellbook editor, option to quickly add multiple creatures at once from encounter editor, option to randomize spellbook of creatures from encounter editor in DD5 (beta), other minor improvements and corrections I’ve lost track of!

Return to “Links & External Resources”