Isometric map-making software in the works

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

heruca
Dragon

Isometric map-making software in the works

Post by heruca »

I'm running a Kickstarter campaign to add isometric mapping capability to my MapForge map-making software, and to produce lots of isometric content Add-Ons for use in the software.

But I'm having a lot of trouble getting the project funded, despite the fairly modest funding goal, and only 6 days remain in the campaign.

If isometric mapping sounds like something that would interest you, please check out the campaign.

Since MapTool is one of the few VTTs that supports isometric grids (and possibly the only online VTT that does so), I figured this would be a good place to post about this project. I hope that's OK.

heruca
Dragon

Re: Isometric map-making software in the works

Post by heruca »

The campaign took a huge turn in the last 72 hours, placing it squarely back in the realm of possibility for funding. It's at 81% now, with 4 days remaining, and only $1135 to go!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

If anyone is on the fence about backing this Kickstarter I have a license from the initial Kickstarter for Mapforge that I never used...

I'll discount a core Mapforge license to you for $20 if you decide to back this at the $38, $69, or $107 level (all levels that assume you already have a Mapforge license or will buy one for $35.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

heruca
Dragon

Post by heruca »

That's a good deal for someone. 8)

heruca
Dragon

Post by heruca »

The MapForge Isometric Kickstarter campaign has funded!

Not only that, but two Stretch Goals have already been unlocked, and a third is tantalizingly close.

If the campaign reaches $7600 in funding (just $462 more), that will mean three free isometric content Add-Ons for everyone. It looks like maybe 15-20 more backers would do the trick. The campaign is now in its final 24 hours.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

heruca wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 am
The MapForge Isometric Kickstarter campaign has funded!

Not only that, but two Stretch Goals have already been unlocked, and a third is tantalizingly close.

If the campaign reaches $7600 in funding (just $462 more), that will mean three free isometric content Add-Ons for everyone. It looks like maybe 15-20 more backers would do the trick. The campaign is now in its final 24 hours.
Congrats. And it looks like you're going to hit the $7600 level, too. :)

I know MapForge is, principally, managed by a one-man-band so it's nice to see you continue to drive it forward.

And for anyone interested in getting into the Isometric support Kickstarter and picking up a discounted MapForge license via me, the offer still stands (as noted above.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

heruca
Dragon

Post by heruca »

Thanks, and thanks for your pledge, too.

All 3 Stretch Goals have been unlocked. The campaign ends in less than 3 hours, and pledging even $1 gets you FOUR free isometric mapping Add-Ons, which you can use even without a MapForge license.

Return to “Links & External Resources”