Assign Weapon/Armor Macro

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

DevoDog
Dragon

Assign Weapon/Armor Macro

Post by DevoDog »

Can anyone point me in the right direction for creating a campaign/global macro for assigning weapons to a token?

I want to be able to choose the weapon from a list and have it assign the properties to the token (Name, Proficiency Bonus, Damage, etc.).

Also, another quick question......

In the macros I've been creating for weapon damage, I've been separating the # of dice from the dice size. So a weapon does WpnNo"d"WpnDice damage. That way, I can do 2*WpnNo"d"WpnDice.

If I just used WpnDamage as 1d8 and then had a macro do 2*WpnDamage, would that roll 2d8 or 1d8 and multiply the result by 2?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

Can't help ya on the weapon macro, I'm still building mine...

From what I can tell the parser does the roll first and then does any other math with it.

So I also separate the dice into 2 values for exactly that reason, as well as being able to toggle off and on special dice functions such as rerolls and exploding.

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=5437

They talk about a lot of the new features in B42. One of the examples is a weapon selection setup. Problem is several people are have problems with bugs in this edition. While the newest ver B43 does help things a bit. I think B41 is more stable and reliable but it lacks all the cool new tools for making macros :(.

As for your weapon setup that shouldn't work unless your not showing all your code. You would have to do WpnNo + "d" + WpnDice to get it to do that. Secondly the program does things in normal mathematical order which means * first. So if you were to do 2 * WpnNo + "d" + WpnDice then is should return 2d8 and not simply multiple 1d8 times 2.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=5475

In that thread I link to a sample campaign file that does just what you ask. Mind you this is D&D 3.5 stuff but the mechanics are easily changed to whatever system you are after.

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”