New D&D Campaign using Maptools - Zarem Runedar

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

skester
Giant

New D&D Campaign using Maptools - Zarem Runedar

Post by skester »

Heyo,

Here's the intro that I gave to the players for the Zarem Runedar campaign I am running.

------

The noonday sun suddenly becomes blindingly bright.

You squint your eyes trying to adjust to the unusual brightness, as even the light reflecting off the surrounding buildings and streets stings your senses. The lower market in Dragon’s Reach starts buzzing with the sounds of people speaking with annoying excitement. “darn adventures, they probably did this!” exclaims the breadmaker. “The faithful of Sarenrae will fix it!” yells a passerby.

As your eyes become adjusted to the brightness you look skywards and the sun is larger and brighter than you’ve ever seen it before. At least double in size and growing. Growing very rapidly, the sun then seems to fragment, almost splitting in half with a blinding white core. It’s hard to make out at first, but eventually it looks like parts of it are growing faster than others.
sn2006gy_main_h2.jpg
sn2006gy_main_h2.jpg (12.83 KiB) Viewed 10083 times
As the sun continues to expand in the sky, pieces of it seems to start shooting off, some trailing ahead of the other, drawing lines across the blue as they precede larger pieces that seem to be following their slower cousins.

Only a minute has passed as complete silence engulfs the marketplace. The brightness dims considerably to an almost twilight hue as the pieces of the sun fade in intensity as they move farther away from each other. The sky deepens to a midnight blue, providing a stark contrast to what is happening far above. Several of the brighter leading lights seem to accelerate from a leisurely pace to a blinding speed as they streak through the sky, disappearing beyond the horizon.

Then, slowly the sun seems to brighten again, first a small point at the center of the dim husk that was the sun, rapidly becoming larger and larger. It quickly starts expanding to the size of the sun, then continues increasing in size, as if the sun was growing once again. Disturbingly however, the sky is still a dark midnight blue, with streaks radiating out from the sun, as if it was sending off thousands of shooting stars.

The sun seems to break into several suns which streak past the horizon at dizzying speeds. The main source from where they sprang continues to grow and grow.
Lorak.png
Lorak.png (129.05 KiB) Viewed 10085 times
“TO ME!” a commanding voice shouts. All eyes turn to see an ancient dwarf in stone grey and gold robes yelling from atop a shop table near the center of the market. “EVERYONE GET AS CLOSE TO ME AS YOU CAN!”

He raises a staff to the heavens and a shimmering barrier is called into existence between the crowd and the sky as bits of flame seem to rain down. The sun once again explodes into numerous pieces, most of which streak across the sky at breathtaking speeds. But not all pass beyond the horizon, one is close enough that you can feel the burning heat, even through the shield, and it strikes beyond the town walls and impacts with the neighboring sea.

You are plunged into darkness, or at least it seems like darkness for a moment after the intense light is extinguished. Once your eyes adjust again, you still see streamers of light fall from the midnight blue sky, and where the sun once was is a dull husk surrounded by glowing strands, and haloed by shooting stars spreading out in all directions.

Then the wind picks up and starts buffeting you with stinging droplets of water. You turn your attention to the sea and are shocked to find yourself staring at an advancing wall of water, hundreds of feet high, racing towards the city, seeming to grow in size as it approaches.

People start to run by you, gathering around the ancient dwarf who is speaking some weird language in a low tone. But what’s the point of moving when the entire city and surrounding farmland will soon be wiped off the face of the world by the advancing wall of water? It seems as high as a mountain now, and continues to loom larger as it gets closer.

You close your eyes and wait for your death as the deafening roar preceding your doom nearly knocks you from your feet. The ground lifts from beneath you, but it’s not what you expect. Instead of the water hitting you like a catapult stone, you feel dropped into it. And it’s not the cold, salty water of the sea, but a fairly warm refreshing feeling; like jumping into a pond on a hot summer day.

You open your eyes and start to swim, amazed and overjoyed at not being dead. Or maybe you are and have gone to a watery hell. You’re not sure yet. But as you start to recover and break for the surface, a lamppost from the city sinks past you, one of those with an everburning light. Tied to it is a young man, noble judging by his clothes. It looks like he tied himself to the post to avoid being swept away by the tidal wave, as if that would have helped. As he sinks lower and lower you see his panicked face and his struggle with the knots. But then a shadow appears from out of the depth, and a large fish like creature bites him in half.

With renewed effort you break the surface and are startled to be breathing in cold fresh air, devoid of the smell of the city. As you try to make your way to the crowd of people gathered on land not thirty feet away, the land seems to spread out towards you, providing a solid stone shelf which you swim to and pull yourself upon.

Gasping in breath you roll onto your back and look to the sky. At first you think it is night and the full moon is really strange looking. But then you realize you are staring at the sun. The air here is harder to breath and doesn’t seem as thick. And it’s fairly cold. Strangely the water felt warmer than the air.
neutron.jpg
neutron.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 10083 times
TBC....

skester
Giant

Re: New D&D Campaign using Maptools - Zarem Runedar

Post by skester »

Continuing....

--------

It looks like most of the marketplace, an inn and a few buildings were moved with the townsfolk. You are on the edge of a large lake in what appears to be some type of crater. About half a dozen town buildings sit on a large, magically shaped stone plateau with an icefield to the north, and steep mountains to the west and south. Other people have pulled themselves from the lake and are looking around, and making their way to the large mass of people in the center of what used to be the market.

As you join them you notice the buildings look on the verge of collapse and most of the market stalls have fallen down. The dwarf is barking orders and several people look to be gathering wood to make for fires. Most of the wood being shop stalls, it’s quickly gathered and you huddle in to dry yourself the best you can.

The dwarf speaks, his voice still low, but clearly heard by everyone. The murmurs stop and everyone listens. “I don’t know what happened, but it’s been a grave day indeed. I’ve transported us to a place where I hope we shall be safe, for if I am correct, and I usually am, the world shall be a cold desolate place soon. It appears that something has befallen our sun. This may have been an attack on Sarenrae, I cannot say at this time. But without the sun’s heat to warm us and nurture our crops, the world shall fall into a permanent winter. So I have brought you here to Zaram Runedar where we should be able to survive even the harshest freeze.”

“My grandfather built Zaram Runedar. He was chief council to the Thane at the time, well over a millennium ago. But the mines were quickly depleted, and Zaram Runedar was too far away to be of use for trading, or even military defense. And when the Great War came, and the foul vermin attacked, it was abandoned so that the homeland could be better defended”

“I could not transport us directly into the city, and quite frankly would not want to. I have no idea what lies in there now. I only hope that we can once again reclaim my birthright and find safe haven within its walls. From what I know there are 3 cities contained within this mountain. The first is across the lake, with an opening somewhere along the cliff walls. The second is deep within the mountain, and the third at the mountains base, providing access and defense to the outside world.”

“We will need to send a scouting party to the Lake Town, find out what is there and if possible clean it of any vermin. Unfortunately I cannot stay to help. I must find out what has happened, and if possible find other survivors”
Philgo.png
Philgo.png (139.26 KiB) Viewed 10079 times
Just then one of the city guards speaks up “What? What, we’re supposed to swim over to an entrance we cannot see, fight our way through the unknown. There could be goblins, wights and hags in there for all we know? Maybe even a dragon. And we’re supposed to do this with the measly force we have? Who the hell do you think I am? Flynn Kaltos?”

“SILENCE!” Thunders the ancient Dwarf “I am LORAK GRAVENRUNE and I will NOT be spoken to in such an insolent manner! I just saved your sorry excuse for a life, and will not be questioned. There are more than a hundred survivors here, you should be able to mount your own force to find out what, if anything is there. I will not spoon feed you.”

“The fate of the world is at stake here. I will try to find more survivors and transport them to this spot. As I have no idea how many there will be or how long it will take, it would be best to leave the area next to the icefield clear in preparation for my return.”

He strikes the ground with his staff and the buildings seem to stand upright a bit more. Nearer to the icefield, a large well appears out of the ground.

“This should provide you with sufficient heat to survive more or less comfortably. This is an old mining area, the mines appear closed, but never the less, stay away from them for they are unstable with age.”

“You need to clear the Lake Town and continue on into the deep city to remove any danger. I leave Brother Tobias Sol’Helios, Chosen of Sarenrae in charge while I’m gone.” And with that, the ancient dwarf strikes the ground with his staff and is gone.

“…so says Mr. Purple Pants” the guard murmurs to one of the comely young lasses in the crowd. “Actually, you know, I may be able to swim across and defeat all those goblins. I am related to Kaltos, on my mothers side.”
Tobias.png
Tobias.png (134.86 KiB) Viewed 10079 times
Brother Tobias quickly takes charge. He looks too young to be in a position of power, but his confidence and charisma quickly earn the respect of most. Dividing the survivors into groups, he stations guards around the edge, has some survivors start fishing off the edge of the stone shelf into the lake, and others inventorying what food and equipment is available. Unfortunately it is found that the transportation was not without casualties and the dead are placed at the edge of the camp to the north until a proper burial can be done.

The lake is huge, at least 2 miles wide and 3 miles long, surrounded on three sides by high mountain cliffs. The fourth side has even higher cliffs and a slope covered in snow. The ice that is visible is a deep blue, unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. The air takes some getting used to, feeling thinner. And some people take ill before long.
caldera lake.jpg
caldera lake.jpg (72.42 KiB) Viewed 10079 times
TBC....

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

Part 3....

--------

Six hours pass and the survivors finally settle down for the night. Everyone is exhausted and has worked their fingers to the bone. Most people remain cloistered in the Inn or a Warehouse that is still standing on the south end of the clearing. The injured have been bandaged and the children and elderly sleep by the fires.

Whispers and rumours abound. Some say that Sarenrae is dead, and the sun was her heart, so it died when she died.
ViscountVincent.png
ViscountVincent.png (124.25 KiB) Viewed 10071 times
An annoying and smug noble has convinced a small group that they were never in any danger. That the wave just seemed bigger than it was, and any wave would have spared the city due to the breakwater. He even goes so far to suggest the wave and the sun were illusions, and that Lorak brought everyone here for his own twisted game.

It soon becomes known that the noble who is causing so much trouble is the Viscount Vincent Groyle. An extremely rich man, he is used to getting his way and refuses to work. Instead his bodyguard, a female warrior dressed head to toe in plate armour and Sir Christophe, the Viscount’s cousin bully the scared townsfolk into working for him.
IronConsort.png
IronConsort.png (112.2 KiB) Viewed 10067 times
SirChristophe.png
SirChristophe.png (140.13 KiB) Viewed 10067 times
The good news is the Rockhead trout seems surprisingly plenty, and while tough are fairly tasty.

You have finished your guard duty and are tired and exhausted. Taking refuge in the inn, you eat what may be your last non fish meal and get to know some of the people you are stranded with. Brother Tobias is working hard to keep everyone from fighting and preparing the survivors for what may be a long winter. Luckily he’s not alone; several others have joined him in his efforts.
Trinia.png
Trinia.png (114.79 KiB) Viewed 10063 times
Trinnia, a young bard sings songs and tells stories, but her joy doesn’t quite reach her eyes. She tends to the children, many of them orphaned, and seems a bit infatuated with Tobias.
Bethany.png
Bethany.png (106.38 KiB) Viewed 10065 times
Bethany, a cleric of Shelyn the goddess of beauty and art is another healer stranded upon the mountaintop. She is a quiet, shy girl who doesn’t say much and goes about the grimmest duties without complaint. She heals who she can and says prayers for the rest.

Screams erupt from outside the inn “Goblins! We are being attacked by goblins!” shouts the guard who questioned Lorak. He looks injured, there’s a gash on his forhead and his shirt arm is ripped. “Goblins near the ice field, they are trying to steal the dead!” As the braver rush out of the Inn, the guard sits down and with a roguish grin tells the young waitress “I bravely fought off half a dozen, sending their bodies into the murky depths, but was wounded and decided to get backup”

You rush across the barren rocks to the north and see rafts on the edge of the lake. Goblins are loading the dead and a few recently wounded people onto their rafts. 4 small goblins and a bigger, tougher looking heavily scarred goblin turn towards those who would dare defy them as the rafts are pushed off and depart into the night.
GoblinYoot.png
GoblinYoot.png (115.59 KiB) Viewed 10061 times

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

The gameworld is based off of one that I had back for 2nd edition, way back when. And I'll be making reference to things from that campaign.

1st- Flynn Kaltos. The name of a fighter one of my players had. He wasn't really a very good fighter (but an excellent character). He missed a lot and had very low hit points. However he spent a fair amount of gold to have the bards tell his tales of valour. He died fighting a troll (last time I rolled out in the open as the Troll scored a natural 20 with every attack and ripped him apart). But according to the Bards he died saving Ravenwolf, Pasha Silmara and the Lord Asecrytte from a troll army, valiantly slaying 20 trolls before being taken down by the Troll King and his Elite Bodyguard, but giving enough time for the others to escape. Flynn is also known for his conquests (his highest stat was Charisma). One time he slept with a magically disguised Hag and fathered the bastard "Etrigan Kaltos", a sorcerer of considerable power who planned on taking the magical power of a god. Lorak was actually the character the player had after Flynn.

2nd - Ravenwolf - A Dwarfen Cleric. His father lost the right to have a Dwarfen name as punishment for "high treason". The High Treason was stopping a Dwarf/Elf war, so the Dwarf adopted an "elven" name for himself and his family.
There will be common saysing like "about as much chance as a horse living while Ravenwolf is driving", " or "as much chance of Ravenwolf driving a cart across town". This is in reference to Ravenwolf's famous driving ability. He often had to make a "quick getaway" due to Flynn's "adventures within an adventure". Unfortunately he did not have any ability to drive a cart, and usually rolled a 1 while doing so. To this days, horses still run away at the name of Ravenwolf.

Lord Asecrytte was an "Eldritch Knight", His name came out of the Player not being able to think of one and responding with "It's a secret". More level headed of the bunch, stuck to the shadows.

Pasha Silmara - now known as "The Silmara". Rumoured that in her sadness of her lover Flynn dying (in reality she never liked him), she wound up taking the power that Etrigan was collecting in trying to become a god. This power twisted and corrupted her soul. She now sits in a fortress to the north, trying to collect more power and turn the world into a burning wasteland.

skester

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

The Current Party...
Graorin.png
Graorin.png (134.55 KiB) Viewed 10044 times
Graorin AKA "Gray". Half Elf Bard. More Doom and Gloom than anything else. Inspires allies through the use of oritory, doesn't really play an instrument. Hand to Hand fighter - secondary healer.
Yan.png
Yan.png (123.81 KiB) Viewed 10042 times
Yan. Half Elf Monk.
Irajah.png
Irajah.png (56.96 KiB) Viewed 10044 times
Irajah. Human Paladin. Picture undecided upon. Sword and Shield. Will be the primary healer later on.
Rataan.png
Rataan.png (145.99 KiB) Viewed 10045 times
Rataan. Dwarf Ranger. Also acts as the "rogue" of the party. Wields a Crossbow.

I'm a fan of players playing what they want. If you notice no cleric, no rogue, no wizard/sorcerer.

The Bard has minor healing abilities which is good, and also has some crowd control spells and buffs.

The Paladin is also decent at healing (especially himself) at higher levels.

The Ranger took "Disable Device". He's good at perception so he can find them easier than he can disable them. I've houseruled that not only rogues can deal with magical traps, but anyone can. I also have houserules for Resting, Cooking and Healing. A good Cook roll can increase the effective rest time. Healing can add Hit Points back per hour (DC 20 gives 1 hp/hour rest, DC 25 is 2hp/hour, etc). And you can also have 2, 2 hour rests in addition to the big 8 hour rest. That'll give you 1/4 of your spells and abilities back (more with a high cooking roll). The Ranger is good at both Cooking and Healing skills.

I had the healing rules even with Clerics in - just so Clerics aren't only healers.

Skester

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

I have some larger pictures that I want to show with the session report back. I've applied for space on the gallery, but haven't recieved the confirmation email back yet.

I'll resize the pics to lower res and post them later with exactly how it went.

Skester

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

Argh, 2 sessions and I haven't updated this yet. Uh oh.

I've placed pictures of the starting area, what I term the "refuge camp" for the campaign here:

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/sk ... amRunedar/

First up a slight lineup change. Irajah has been changed to Karl Von... something, I can't remember. Just a picture and name change. He's still the big, strong paladin.
Ira.png
Ira.png (33.2 KiB) Viewed 9944 times
This image is 6 hours after the refugees arrived. The stalls have been removed and what repairs could be done to the buildings (they are in poor shape) have been done.
Wood has been gathered and stacked for fires, as it gets quite cold at night.

Above the middle section of the camp is an ice field from a glacier which slowly decents into the lake.

When the call comes out, the goblins are landing on rafts near the ice field. The dead were being stored there for "proper buriel". But the goblins must be able to smell decaying flesh across miles cause they came for them. After the guard raised the alarm the PCs rushed to the north to fight the gobbos.
GoblinSpearman.png
GoblinSpearman.png (134.17 KiB) Viewed 9943 times
One would normally expect this to be a fairly short battle. But it actually turned out to be quite long. A lot of misses, and some finding that macros didn't work exactly the way I had hoped. More getting used to the movement, but it was very interesting. While the PCs fought 4 goblins on land, Philgo fought 1 to the south (the guard that raised the alarm) and Brother Tobias cast water walking and sunk a goblin raft and then summoned a shark to attack the others.

Then, after the PCs recovered from the battle a blazing ember fell from the sky. It drifted down slowly and eventually came to rest in the ice field to the north. Philgo, Tobias and the PCs went to investigate. Finding a bubbling pool of water, Philgo quickly ran back to town and gathered some blacksmith tongs, heavy leather gloves and an leather apron and ran back. Bravely venturing into the hot water, Philgo managed to take out a blinding pebble. Quickly he raced back to the camp, but before he could make it, the heat overcame him and he threw the pebble as far as he could. Looking severly sunburnt with the front of his clothing totally dry, and the back sopping wet, Philgo went to rest back at the inn.

It was at this point that Tobias took the PCs aside and asked them to do a "pre-emptive" strike on the goblins, fearing that they would be back for more of the villagers soon. The PCs quickly rested, then set off on the goblin raft across the lake.

3 hours later they came across what they could only assume was the dwarf town. Carved out of the rocky wall was an opening over 30' high. Far above that appeared to be a large ledge which they could only assume was the town proper, overlooking the lake.

Entering the opening, the found the water level was only a couple of feet deep here, where right past the opening it dropped off considerably.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/sk ... e.png.html

20-25' in however they came to a wall which looked like part of it had collapsed

It was there they were attacked by a giant crawfish.
ReefClaw.png
ReefClaw.png (134.15 KiB) Viewed 9942 times

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

The battle was on! The Crawfish was no match for the party, and was quickly dispatched as the party ganged on on him.

From there the monk climbed up the wall and lowered a rope for the rest of the party to climb. From there they were at the top of a set of stairs, and to the north was a hole leading down into the darkness. Just big enough for a large human to climb down fully equipped.

Karl, the Paladin started to climb down the hole, with the aid of a rope, but didn't want to get stuck down there all alone so came back up before he could see anything. Paranoid that they would be attacked from behind, the party thought that maybe they could put the Crawfish carcass into the hole to block it, but were unable to move it. Worried about the hole, the decided to press forward anyways and continued down the stairs.

Here they were below the water level of the lake outside, wondering why the heck the dwarfs would build their city BELOW the waterline. In front of them was a large stone and iron door. And 2 pilars supported the high roof overhead.

Dropping down upon them, 8 spiders dropped down upon them.
Spider.png
Spider.png (97.7 KiB) Viewed 9935 times
The party once again fought bravely, taking some wounds and taking a bit of Str drain from the poison. The party eventually defeated the spiders with moderate wounds and using their spells on healing.

This is where the party decided to rest for a couple of hours to regain some abilities.

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

After the quick rest, the party heard noise up the stairs and quickly moved to investigate. Finding 2 dire rats, they quickly dispatched them and once again turned their attention to the door at the bottom of the stairs.

Pounding away at the door, the Paladin didn't stop until the door opened. Once again displaying the single minded obsessions that paladins so often embody, the Paladin broke the door open.

Immediately they were attacked by a rather large spider with sword like front legs.
SwordClawSpider.png
SwordClawSpider.png (129.8 KiB) Viewed 9928 times
This was a fairly long battle, as this spider had damage reduction vs slashing/piercing due to it's hide. But while the PCs coudln't damage it very much, the spider had trouble hitting them.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/sk ... l.png.html

They entered a large room which at one time appeared to be a temple of some time. Two braizers flickered with the brightness of torchlight. Once bright continual lights, they had now dimmed to the level of candles, but still provided some brightness in this cobweb laden room. An alter between the lights stands 5 feet above the ground level, with a large statue of Moradin standing behind, holding 2 lumps of clay. One slowly changing shape into the world, the other slowly forming into a roughly dwarf form.

The ceiling to this room was high above the normal light source and appeared to have a balconey about 50' above - shrouded in spider webs.

But once again paranoia got the better of the party. Both from the spiderwebs in the room and the possibility of being attacked from behind. The party decided to go back and try the hole instead.

This time the dwarf went down first, being able to see in the dark. Unfortunately he was set upon by Dire Rats right away. Fighting valiantly, the dwarf fought them off until the Paladin was able to arrive. One by one the party made it down the hole However by this time the Dwarf was very damaged and near death. Luckily the Bard was able to heal him.

The area the entered turned out to be a fishery of sorts. Outside at one time there must have been something that allowed fishermen to dump their catch in. From there it funnelled down into this room wherre the larger fish could live for a while and be harvested fresh. Tables once linned this room used to gut the fish. Many drains in the floor and one big one in the corner are used to dispose of waste.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/sk ... ewsIndex=1

Checking down the hall, the discover that a set of double doors poorly barred from this side connect to the Dwarfen Temple (d'oh), On the north side of the corridor a lattrine and a locked and trapped door exist. Not wanting to take any more damage, the dwarf decided not to try to open it yet. So they went around and took the corridor to the north.

Unlocked double doors, warm to the touch are to the north of the fishery. Carefully opening the doors, the party found this is an area the Goblins would not like. This room is s smokehouse. Several large fireplaces with areas for spices and herbs on them, and hooks and rings on the walls and ceilings to hang fish on. Another door leads out of the room into some type of preparation area for the smoked fish. A set of double door leads into another area, and the corridor joins to the south where the temple is.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

skester wrote:I've applied for space on the gallery, but haven't recieved the confirmation email back yet.
Has this been resolved ?

Love seeing the pics :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

Yup, I have space on there. Had to apply 3 times for some reason. The 1st two had session time outs when I tried to connect to confirm the password, and when it finally did work, it was too late.

But 3rd times the charm.

I've put up links for the larger pics, and have more updates to do. But right now I'm working on my players "macro requests", and I have family visiting. (how dare they interupt my D&D stuff! But my wife says I have to be social since it's MY relatives not hers).

Working on a character sheet. Almost done it. Keeping it nice and simple, using tooltips to show the more detailed info.

Getting better at coding. Thank you everyone in the forums and the guys responsible for the wikia. I've learned a lot over the past few weeks, and while my code is still fairly simple (and not done the most efficient way), I'm getting better. And amazingly enough it's helped at work. I can finally understand the scripts that one of my co-workers writes. Enough that I can make simple modifications and not have to ask him to do it.

Skester

Goonalan
Giant

Post by Goonalan »

Excellent work, particularly like the tokens, where did you come by the images- Pathfinder, I guess.

Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers Paul
Read the Friday Knights Storyhour at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 38&start=0 now with added pictures, the 4e related adventures and shenanigans of a bunch of ne'erdowells playing via Maptools.

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

A lot of the tokens I got were from paizo.com.

Though I do have a few that are from another source...
Paladin.png
Paladin.png (27.34 KiB) Viewed 9827 times
Am I showing my age with this one?

Anyways, my players are liking maptools, but I didn't have a character sheet and had macros all over the place.

So between relatives and life I've been working on a character sheet to consolodate a lot of the macros.

I don't know tables and CSS at all, but I managed to put this together.
new character sheet.png
new character sheet.png (99.94 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
It's full of tooltips. You go over the Stat and it tells you the bonus for the Stat. You goto your AC and it details your armour. Hover over the weapon and it gives your weapon details. I've made it so that the skill name launches a macro to change the details - which are of course shown when you go over the total score. For skills that can only be used if trained it Shows N/A if you don't have any ranks. ** is the untrained value

And I've also created a macro for a Dialog box which shows only the skills that the PCs have skills in (and should be the most commonly used - in theory) and their Saves.
skills and saves frame.png
skills and saves frame.png (202.27 KiB) Viewed 9829 times
So this should cut down on the complaining a bit that they can't find the macros. :D

This time if you click on the Skill Name it rolls the skills (Once again details in tooltips) I've fixed the Armour Check Penalty tooltip since the screenshot. Same with the Saving Throws. Under the Saving Throws Bonuses it shows misc stuff (like Immune to Sleep, +2 vs Enchantments, etc).

Hope to have the rest of the session report up soon.

Skester

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

These PC requests never end.

Now I'm working on an attack macro that shows a "conditional" Dockable combat form for the guys.
CombatBox.png
CombatBox.png (93.05 KiB) Viewed 9786 times
zEaL I believe provided me with the code for this (from the forums) Pretty cool (THANKS!)

I have it set up now so that it'll only show Power Attack if you have the Power Attack feat, only show Smite if you are a Paladin, only Favoured Enemy if you are a ranger, and only TWF if you have two weapons equipped that can do it.

Pretty funky.

Skester

skester
Giant

Post by skester »

New Troll Here!

Whoo Hoo, no longer a Kobold!

Sorry it's been so long without a real update.
ZR-Fishery3.png
ZR-Fishery3.png (374.08 KiB) Viewed 9735 times
after clearing out the fishery area (above) and finding out that the door to the north in the chapel led to the same area that the tunnel did (do'h!), the party decided to check out a locked door in the north east corner.

Behind the door the players found 4 goblins picking mushrooms in an old mining area.
ZR-Railway3.png
ZR-Railway3.png (115.91 KiB) Viewed 9736 times
The goblins attacked immediately the three nearest to the players throwing spears then charging in. One stayed back, chucking spears at the party. The Dwarf, heavily damaged stayed back just firing his crossbow while the rest of the party attacked.

This rough passage had a level floor, but the walls and ceiling were rough and unfinished, supported by pillars along it's length. At the west end where the tracks ended there is a whole in the ceiling and the pillars go up into the hole. The 4 pillars are different, looking like giant screws.

The party quickly finished up with the 3 closest goblins but the 4th took off with the party in hot pursuit. Bypassing a couple of doors to the south the goblin stopped at a cave in and waited for the party to close in. As they approached the goblin laughed maniacly and released a trap, causing a cave in to hit the party (except for Rataan the dwarf who was way back, badly damaged). The goblin died in the rubble from the celing, and hte party was damaged a bit. Low on health and spells, the party went back to the smoke room in the fishery to rest up.

Skester

Return to “Session Report-Back”