Battletech - Quinones Campaign

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

tomlib
Giant

Battletech - Quinones Campaign

Post by tomlib »

I've been working on a BattleTech Framework as a diversion from my Girl in Glass campaign and have it in fairly good working order. Only a few of our Saturday Night gamers enjoy tactical play so it is going to be a sporadic game with whomever wants to play. It will be largely a remote game using MapTool.

We played a couple of test games over the last week and eventually I got most of the major problems ironed out and we did a third battle this Saturday because we didn't have a quorum for the Girl in Glass campaign.

You can view the Campaign Wiki and the various Battles as they are completed. I've included Screenshots from MapTool as well.

MapTool rocks!

Tom

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: Battletech - Quinones Campaign

Post by mfrizzell »

Sounds pretty good, any details on your framework?
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

tomlib
Giant

Post by tomlib »

I'm a little shy about posting my Frameworks as they are rather rudimentary compared to some of the fantastic work accomplished by the "Giants". I went ahead and put mine up in my SkyDrive if anyone wants to download it.

It is still a work in progress and none of the piloting modifiers are calculated automatically at this point. But, it works ona basic level. I'd like to eventually have many finished Mechs that can be dropped in wherever desired.

MapTool rocks!

Tom
mfrizzell wrote:Sounds pretty good, any details on your framework?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I don't play much BT, but I'm curious what your FW looks like... :)

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

I am as well, and curious as to why use MT over megamek?
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

tomlib
Giant

Post by tomlib »

Notsonoble wrote:I am as well, and curious as to why use MT over megamek?
I found Megmek unstable when I tried to use it and I also like to play with MapTool. We haven't played Battletech in a while because I've been fairly focused on my Girl in Glass Campaign. The Framework is in pretty decent shape although it is different than many of the Frameworks I see other people make. Mine is quite simple compared to the amazing work of others.

I haven't done much with Character Sheets and that is going to be next project. My MapTool Battletech Framework is a place I do some experimenting. I think most of the Frameworks tend to rely heavily on the Character Sheet whereas mine is more about clicking Macro buttons to target enemies and automatically apply damage. Sort of a low frill Framework!

Tom

Return to “Session Report-Back”