Underdark 3.5 AD&D

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Underdark 3.5 AD&D

Post by Darcphaze »

And so my players are off on another campaign quest at 3rd level as drowan slaves which is all about, including but not limited to, http://www.gamerzpit.com/darcphaze/Unde ... erdark.htm the infamous Underdark.

Maptools has the maps and due to wonderful coders here that helped me, my encounter tables as well. Since we all play together, and my people are fond of tabletop minatures, Maptools is sent to an HDTV for them to look upon, using the lighting features and fog of war to reveal where they go. Combats can be done there, but usually only when the combat field is too large to fit on the table. Now that darkvision is so important (and most of them have low vision) all that will be even more promising.

We'll see how it goes :D
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

Darcphaze
Cave Troll

Re: Underdark 3.5 AD&D

Post by Darcphaze »

After a year of running this, it is amazing how many people really want to know how to map the Underdark (all three levels) and fit all the bits and pieces created over the years into one map.

My answer... you don't. While I started the campaign in the drow empire, I can tell you, the players haven't actually gone more than 300 miles from the place of slave origin. Amazing isn't it? Try crawling through little tunnels and see how far YOU get.

However, I found these particular map pieces (which fit together) most interestingly, as are the various rolls the creator established. He essentially made the Drow Empire easier to do. I highly recommend it and agree with his reasoning. Underdark is TOO VAST to map in detail, but that's no reason you can't fill in little pieces of it. In fact, take all of the Wizard's stuff and just find a hex to plug em in. That easy.

I also have a liking for Gozzy's random generators for their ability to do underground tunnel and cave combos for combat purposes. And you know it, they fit right into Maptools.
No matter what a GM plans for, the players are certain to find another way to do it

Return to “Session Report-Back”