DD4e, Rumble framework

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Longshot
Giant

Re: DD4e, Rumble framework

Post by Longshot »

FYI: -Have resumed work after the holidays, and have a mostly functional importer. I am going to release it at 80% finished. That way people can start using it to for its benefits, and I can hopefully get feedback on what NPCs break it.

I have a few more things to do for importing MM3 formatted NPCs. When I complete that TO DO list, I will make it available. The Non-MM3 formatted portion of the parsing will be sent out as is (it's makes a fairly well-rounded import at this point) :) .

The remaining 20% post-release will be to add features, correct bugs, compensate for problem specific NPC imports, and make it run faster.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

This entry used to hold the Importer file and information, but that has been moved to Links & External Resources here:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 21#p242221
Last edited by Longshot on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:06 am, edited 10 times in total.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Hi Longshot,

First off, thanks for the work on improving the import process here. I just gave it a try, but found a few issues. Some of these may just be how you like to build your tokens. If that is the cause of the errors I outlined, please disregard my comments as you see fit. My comments are intended to be helpful, and are not intended to criticize or be critical of your work efforts. This is more accurate than the current importer!

The monster I just imported was a War Devil.

Here is the list of issues I found;
  • Claw : Attack was set to Auto (not Melee), and the bonus was 0 (not 26).
    Trident : Attack was also set to Auto (not Melee), and the bonus was 0 (not 26). Additionally, the Attack was Melee 1 (not Melee 2). It also did not apply the prone state to the target.
    Devilish Transposition : Perfect!
    Besieged Foe : was setup as a personal power, but should have a target of one creature (so the FW can BasicMark the target), and have “auto” in the attack field. On a personal note; with Auto powers, I set the Weapon or Implement to “none” as in the rare occasions when the FW rolls a Crit (and has a weapon equipped), it will add damage that should not be applied to the target. Given Monster Token do not get inventory this is not an issue here, just a comment. Also, I stay away from using “Special” for condition expiries (in this case the BasicMark you configured ends on “Special”. I have found that the FW has issues with this expiry (breaks on Short and Extended Rests). Lastly, the Attack Bonus got applied to the target and Allies. Should just be Allies, and apply to “This Target” not “Any Target” (I think).
    Fiendish Tactics : Perfect!
Again, just feedback… This is great work, and a step forward in the right direction.

Thanks for this!

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

1) Gah! I must have broken my range before I sent it out! That stuff was among the first things it did just fine. Boo.
2) I have thick skin, no problem with criticism
3) Your response was more than I thought I would get as far as how detailed the feedback would be.

Will correct that in a few days. god, I'm so embarrassed. :oops:

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Longshot wrote:Will correct that in a few days. god, I'm so embarrassed. :oops:
Don't be... this is more than I could do... by a Longshot. ;-)

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Ok, found the bug -Nobody panic, will update soon. Sorry... sorry 'bout that.. *uh? By a longshot? Oooh hee hee, I see what you did there.

Anyway, put a wrong variable in the wrong spot. Will get that taken care of soon an' stuff?

The first one was... umm... a big funny joke, yeah. And I wasn't really trying, yeah.

(Anybody buying that?)

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Ok, Version 1_2 up.
Fixed the melee thing, added "Not that target detection"
(that even a thing?).

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Should just be Allies, and apply to “This Target” not “Any Target” (I think).
Deadolus, it just dawned on me that I actually don't really know how to use This Target/Any Target
How is that supposed to be applied?
-Not saying I never used it, just never fully understood what it would do,and never went back to make sure. :?

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Longshot wrote:
Should just be Allies, and apply to “This Target” not “Any Target” (I think).
Deadolus, it just dawned on me that I actually don't really know how to use This Target/Any Target
How is that supposed to be applied?
-Not saying I never used it, just never fully understood what it would do,and never went back to make sure. :?
Just re-read the text on the dialog. Looks like that is only used when applying a Damage Mod...However, after some testing, I don't think it is working as intended. Maybe if Rumble is monitoring the thread, he can comment...

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

There was 1 download of v2 before I caught that an older version of the damage function was in there.
V3 is me putting the right one in.
It will make Personal powers fire off like they should.

So whoever grabbed v2 (Deadolus?), sry, go get v3.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Longshot wrote:There was 1 download of v2 before I caught that an older version of the damage function was in there.

Sorry, missed this reply. Testing v3 now.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Deadolus wrote:
Longshot wrote:There was 1 download of v2 before I caught that an older version of the damage function was in there.

Sorry, missed this reply. Testing v3 now.
All seems to be fixed (great work), save for how you treat/implement the Besieged Foe power. Still a Personal Power, with no method to apply a mark. Might just need to stay that way, given the mark on the target is burred in the Effect text. Easy enough to change when required. That is a tough power to script.

I'll let you know if I find any other issues.

Great stuff.

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

OK one really small (really really small) nit-pick...

When the keywords get implemented, they are not Capitalized. :oops:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working away here...

Working on a Storm Devil.

The Infernal Thunderclap power was implemented with a Conditions Applied to Allies: Reminder1 "Storm Devil-Infernal Thunderclap".

Is that by design?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Same token but the Cyclone power...

The power is a Free action, but it was implemented as a Immediate interrupt.
A Prone condition is applied to Allies in addition to Targets, but the power does not select targets.

Not a big deal to change though. I need to change/update a lot less with this importer vs. alternative.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working on a Ice Devil now.

I like how you implemented the Aura. Only thing I noticed there is the AttackPenalty was set to Special. I wonder if this could get changed to "No Save", as a workaround to a bug with Special conditions not always being cleared with an extended rest? In fact any scripting you have that sets a condition to end with Special, should be (I would like) changed to "No Save".

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Deadolus wrote:All seems to be fixed (great work), save for how you treat/implement the Besieged Foe power. Still a Personal Power, with no method to apply a mark.
No range value was found because the range was "target within sight". Range is now 40 in the absence of range values and "sight" is the given range, which allows a target to be selected.
Deadolus wrote:When the keywords get implemented, they are not Capitalized.
Keywords are now capitalized
Deadolus wrote:The Infernal Thunderclap power was implemented with a Conditions Applied to Allies: Reminder1 "Storm Devil-Infernal Thunderclap".

Is that by design?
After a fashion, yes. The importer sees dazed until the end of its next turn and is expecting it to be the enemy's next turn, but "it's" could in some rare cases be the monster's next turn. In those cases, the reminder would be useful. If the power read like this: the monster prevents the target from moving closer until the beginning of it's next turn, is that the monster's next turn, or the target's? Since applying the reminder to the ally is a step that can be safely ignored, it hedges it's bets and adds that reminder in general.
Deadolus wrote:The power is a Free action, but it was implemented as a Immediate interrupt.
A Prone condition is applied to Allies in addition to Targets, but the power does not select targets.
The power will now be set as a Free action
Prone now checks if enemies or allies are the target (it used to assume prone was enemy only, so the check was not implemented. Since allies can in fact be affected in some powers, I added allies to those affected, but had not implemented "exclusion" checking -which says I see allies in the line, but are they the actual target?)
No range value was found because the range was "adjacent to". Range is now 1 in the absence of range values and "adjacent" is the given range, which allows a target to be selected.
Deadolus wrote: I wonder if this could get changed to "No Save", as a workaround to a bug with Special conditions not always being cleared with an extended rest?
Special is now replaced as No Save

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

Great stuff! Thanks for this.

Along in the lines of the Cyclone power above;

On a Sword Guardian, the Explosive Shards was also setup as a Immediate interrupt... In this case should be No Action.

And on powers that trigger on "first bloodied" or is "reduced to 0 hit points", could those be Daily or Encounter powers?

Thanks for all this!

Return to “Session Report-Back”